• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boone MIA

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
upset to see this. Team signed him when he wasn't a starter and now he wants a different contract. I understand he out performed his contract but they invested in him when he wasn't good. he was a project when he came out. Lets hope they meet a happy medium.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not uncommon to see these things, he won't be the last so Baalke has to be careful. for me, wouldn't give a new contract just because a player isn't happy. my guess is 98% of NFL players want a larger contract.

nothing against players mind you, we ourselves think we're worth more from our employers. :-)

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Boone didn't take such a sizable step backwards last season, he might have had a decent beef...

Chamoanlad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Boone and definitely think he's worth more than where he's at, but I don't believe Baalke can or should give in to Boone. Like others said, we got a bunch of guys with contracts expiring after THIS year and Boone is two years away. Giving Boone a new deal just opens the door for a lot of other guys doing the same thing. Shit, Staley is worth a lot more than where's he's at too just looking at the Oline.

This is also horrible timing from Boone as we're already trying to get Kap and Iupati worked out right now and Crab and Aldon are on the horizon. We're in a delicate place cap wise trying to get those guys locked up and we don't need guys two years away from FA to start throwing stuff out of balance.

Baalke just say no.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I don't think this is a huge deal. Boone's been starting for a long time; he'll be ready to go when the season starts.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The age old argument. Can we go back and restructure if you start to suck? NO. So shut up and play out the contract YOU signed, and be thankful you even got a chance to play.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A veteran OL is probably last on my list of players I'm worried about not going to OTAs. I'm pretty sure Boone will be fine.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The age old argument. Can we go back and restructure if you start to suck? NO. So shut up and play out the contract YOU signed, and be thankful you even got a chance to play.

That argument only works in baseball where the contracts are guaranteed. In football, if you regress, you get cut.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That argument only works in baseball where the contracts are guaranteed. In football, if you regress, you get cut.

Agreed but I will say in this case since it was an extension I can't completely side with Boone here.

If you feel you're going to outperform your contract than don't lock yourself up with a multi year extension. I'm sure that money seemed great at the time for being a backup swing tackle and getting the guaranteed money up front but don't come crying now that you feel you should be making more.

My guess his agents see the team is struggling to sign Iupati to a long term deal so they are trying to leverage that into a better deal for Boone since they are banking on the fact the team isn't inclined to lose two starting guards in an offensive geared towards power running.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah but if a player got a fat signing bonus and you cut him, your cap still feels that

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you trade Boone and what could you get for him?

Would you:
1) trade him this year
2) trade him next year
3) let him play out his contract
4) extend him for big $