• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bonds conviction overturned

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said SOME cheating is okay. Those are your words. Show me ONE COMMENT where I have said that SOME cheating is okay. Come on, I dare ya! If you can't simply stop making shit up. You seem blinded by your Giants loyalty. It's not like I only mentioned Bonds though correct? I'm talking about the **Steroid Era** of the game & nothing else right now. Hopefully you understand that.
But again, steroid use was NOT cheating until 2004. Greenie use was also not cheating until much later (I am not sure the year, I am too lazy to look it up). But they are both using modern chemistry for better living. One is simply more advanced to to more modern technology.

Why was Aaron's "assault" on the record books OK, but Bonds' was a disgrace? Why does Rose belong in but Bonds does not?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never convicted of anything
never caught cheating
never failed a drug test
never suspended for anything

Reports will keep him out of the hall of fame for a vendetta for rudeness.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But again, steroid use was NOT cheating until 2004. Greenie use was also not cheating until much later (I am not sure the year, I am too lazy to look it up). But they are both using modern chemistry for better living. One is simply more advanced to to more modern technology.

Why was Aaron's "assault" on the record books OK, but Bonds' was a disgrace? Why does Rose belong in but Bonds does not?

My goodness!:L How many times do I have to say I'm talking about the **Steroid Era** only right now no matter what year it officially started? I have already said I'm not a fan of cheaters no matter the decade, that's not good enough. I never said that Aaron didn't cheat, that's not good enough. I mentioned OTHER PLAYERS (not just Bonds) & that's not good enough. Seriously for the last time this is not about one player to me, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned those other players as example from the same era. It seems that you are taking my comments as a personal attack on player, and that's simply wrong. Oh yeah...when did I say Rose belongs in Cooperstown? Because I don't recall making that statement. As a matter of fact...I never said that!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said SOME cheating is okay. Those are your words. Show me ONE COMMENT where I have said that SOME cheating is okay. Come on, I dare ya! If you can't simply stop making shit up. You seem blinded by your Giants loyalty. It's not like I only mentioned Bonds though correct? I'm talking about the **Steroid Era** of the game & nothing else right now. Hopefully you understand that.

I know that arguing with an idiot is usually a bad idea, as he'll pull you down to his level and beat you with experience. That said, here are your words:

While cheating has always been a part of the game never has the illegal assault on the record books happened in this fashion.

So instead of the ad hominem attacks, why don't you just tell us all: Why are you singling out steroid use and not other transgressions? What is your position, other than "steroids are bad, mmmm kay?" Should Aaron, and Mays and Gibson, and all the other admitted amphetamine users be kicked out of the HOF? If not, why not?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness!:L How many times do I have to say I'm talking about the **Steroid Era** only right now no matter what year it officially started? I have already said I'm not a fan of cheaters no matter the decade, that's not good enough. I never said that Aaron didn't cheat, that's not good enough. I mentioned OTHER PLAYERS (not just Bonds) & that's not good enough. Seriously for the last time this is not about one player to me, otherwise I wouldn't have mentioned those other players as example from the same era. It seems that you are taking my comments as a personal attack on player, and that's simply wrong. Oh yeah...when did I say Rose belongs in Cooperstown? Because I don't recall making that statement. As a matter of fact...I never said that!

You spend a lot of keystrokes telling us what you DIDN'T say. Time to tell us what you DO say: should Aaron, Mays, Gibson, et al be in the HOF as known cheaters?

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apples and oranges, and you know it. There were firm rules in place and Armstrong circumvented them. Baseball pre-2004: no rules. Nice meme, though.

Sure different standards but facts remain people with the right connections and some money can pass tests with flying colors.

Bonds head got bigger. That does not happen naturally.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rose didn't get all juiced up to become the all time Hit King. On the other hand Bonds was juiced up to become the **all time HR leader**. Edge: Charlie Hustle
This indicates you favor Rose over Bonds for the HOF.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Again, indicating you favor Rose over Bonds for the HOF.

Greg Anderson's name needs to be mentioned again. On 5-5-06 Anderson was found in contempt of court for refusing to testify against Bonds. Anderson was BB's personal trainer & was connected to BALCO. Now if Bonds was really clean why wouldn't his hand picked personal trainer take the stand, what info was Anderson hiding?
You are the one swinging here, No one here claimed Bonds was clean. Just that he has been officially and legally exonerated. Yet you still try to prove he used.

I disagree that Bonds (or anyone else directly associated w/ the **Steroid Era**) is HOF worthy. While cheating has always been a part of the game never has the illegal assault on the record books happened in this fashion. To me the MLB Homerun mark is one of the most hallowed records in American sports. It just bothers me that so many great hitters had to juice up when a lot of them were HOF caliber players w/o using anything. Examples: McGwire lied, Palmeiro lied, freaking Sammy Sosa forgot how to speak English when questioned! Oh yeah & then there's A Rod. Every player I just mentioned has disgraced the game of baseball & hopefully none of them get into Cooperstown unless they visit the place on a vacation.
So, by extension, you have NO PROBLEM with the previous holder of the record, or how he obtained it. Again, why are Greenies good, but steroids bad? Both are PEDs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This indicates you favor Rose over Bonds for the HOF.

Again, indicating you favor Rose over Bonds for the HOF.

You are the one swinging here, No one here claimed Bonds was clean. Just that he has been officially and legally exonerated. Yet you still try to prove he used.

So, by extension, you have NO PROBLEM with the previous holder of the record, or how he obtained it. Again, why are Greenies good, but steroids bad? Both are PEDs.

I think our troll has tucked tail and run. He's cornered and all he can come up with is "show me where I said that." He won't take a position because his position is logically indefensible.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are slow aren't you? I have already said multiple times that I am only talking about the **STEROID ERA** of the game RIGHT NOW at this time. You still don't understand that do you? Never have I defended ANY cheaters.

Again you avoid the question. You going to answer or continue to obfuscate?

SHOULD AMPHETAMINE USERS BE IN THE HOF?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you avoid the question. You going to answer or continue to obfuscate?

SHOULD AMPHETAMINE USERS BE IN THE HOF?

No. I am not a fan of ANY cheaters, ever. I have already said that but why let that fact get in the way of anything?

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I am not a fan of ANY cheaters, ever. I have already said that but why let that fact get in the way of anything?

So you would kick Hank Aaron, Bob Gibson, and Willie Mays out of the HOF?

Ok, then. You're consistent.

A consistent nutbag, but consistent.

Now, kindly beat it to another board where you can commune with your fellow loony tunes characters.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron was a PED user, yet he also held the "most hallowed record in all of sports".

Why, exactly, is the record so pristine if every player to ever hold it was a PED user?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And total bases doesn't even cover the walks that he got. Just obs
Aaron was a PED user, yet he also held the "most hallowed record in all of sports".

Why, exactly, is the record so pristine if every player to ever hold it was a PED user?

Perhaps Wamu is not as consistent as he claims to be. And what the heck is "illegal assault on the record books" anyway? Did Bonds use an assault rifle to break Aaron's record? LOL.

Like it or not, players are a product of their time and their culture. Amphetamine use was rampant in Hank Aaron's day, while use of steroids was rampant in Bonds' day. American culture and baseball culture is about winning and being successful, so it's understandable that many players chose the route of taking whatever performance enhancers were in vogue during their time in the sport.

I am still a big fan of Bonds. I have accepted the fact that in his later years, Bonds was a roided-up batter going up against roided-up pitchers, but damn he did it better than anyone else, did he not?