• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State has an angry

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you choose to see it that way, that is fine. However, the shot is being placed as if it (MWC) was the same as the WAC in it's last days. When U of I, New Mexico St., and others were in it.
But I understand your way of wanting to see it. Us Boise folks have a special place in the hearts of you Dux.:D:suds:

I suspect Boise fans think about Oregon much more than the other way around.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suspect Boise fans think about Oregon much more than the other way around.

Personally, the only time I think about Oregon fans is the little smirk I get when they start talking trash...

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, the only time I think about Oregon fans is the little smirk I get when they start talking trash...

Funny, we get the same smirk when we think about our 3 Rose Bowl wins the past decade.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, we get the same smirk when we think about our 3 Rose Bowl wins the past decade.

Ummm, congratulations on winning the Rose Bowl (an invitational to 2 conferences neither of which Boise is a part of).

Is random strutting a duck thing?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm, congratulations on winning the Rose Bowl (an invitational to 2 conferences neither of which Boise is a part of).

Is random strutting a duck thing?

Other conferences have been invited to the Rose Bowl in the past...including the MWC. Sorry that BSU wasn't good enough to get invited.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus two national title game appearances. You guys could have very easily won that 2010 one too. I was there. That result pissed me off. It’s an impressive resume’ and a big time program no doubt. Anybody who says anything differently is either jealous, stupid, or a hater.

We’ve obviously fallen off. It was inevitable as a Group of 5 that lacks the money, resources, recruiting power, etc. Still three Fiesta Bowl wins in three opportunities in a little over a decade for Boise as a Group of 5 and in my opinion jobbed out of multiple other BCS/NY6 appearances. As a fan I’m really proud of that.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus two national title game appearances. You guys could have very easily won that 2010 one too. I was there. That result pissed me off. It’s an impressive resume’ and a big time program no doubt. Anybody who says anything differently is either jealous, stupid, or a hater.

We’ve obviously fallen off. It was inevitable as a Group of 5 that lacks the money, resources, recruiting power, etc. Still three Fiesta Bowl wins in three opportunities in a little over a decade for Boise as a Group of 5 and in my opinion jobbed out of multiple other BCS/NY6 appearances. As a fan I’m really proud of that.

Certainly Boise's resume was up there many of the other G5 teams in the BCS era, but it's difficult when most years there was only 1 spot available.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly Boise's resume was up there many of the other G5 teams in the BCS era, but it's difficult when most years there was only 1 spot available.

The top tier mid-major/Group of 5 teams were a lot better back then too. Power conferences hadn’t quite expanded as much at that time and more significantly the gap wasn’t as wide as it is now under the new structure. Prior to that multiple mid-majors were often comfortably inside the top 10 when bowl selection time came around. This past season for instance Memphis was the highest Group of 5 at #17. I expect that to be more of the norm going forward.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
calling a the Mountain West WAC 2.0 is accurate considering all the schools came from the WAC

When the MWC was considering a borderline BCS conference, Utah, BYU and TCU were all playing at a high level. None of those teams are currently in the MWC and everyone of their members is a former member of the WAC. They cut some of the bottom feeders out (New Mexico State and Idaho) but it's not a huge upgrade.