• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise State has an angry

PSUTE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing happening anytime soon, they are saber rattling for the next negotiation...

The Mountain West stated that this was the last time our deal would be negotiated separately. However, Boise State’s decision to join the conference was predicated on a number of negotiated provisions, including the right to separately negotiate material terms of media rights relating to our home games. This is stated in our conference agreement and cannot be changed by any vote of the membership or conflicting agreement. We will not support any change to this provision and are in the process of weighing our options to move forward.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn’t any sort of clause in the legal agreement that stated that the Mountain West could terminate the arrangement. The understanding was that it would be permanently in place as long as Boise is a member.

I’m a realist. I’d love an invite to a Power 5 conference but it’s likely not happening any time soon or possibly ever. For a Group of 5 the Mountain West is a strong conference but damn it our commissioner isn’t an absolute idiot. He worse than worthless. He’s actually detrimental to not just Boise State but all of the conference members.

Last edited:

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There wasn’t any sort of clause in the legal agreement that stated that the Mountain West could terminate the arrangement. The understanding was that it would be permanently in place as long as Boise was a member.

I’m a realist. I’d love an invite to a Power 5 conference but it’s likely not happening any time soon or possibly ever. For a Group of 5 the Mountain West is a strong conference but damn it our commissioner isn’t an absolute idiot. He worse than worthless. He’s actually detrimental.
Must be something in the water, West of the Rockies

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly are Boise’s options?

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go independent and schedule like Notre Dame.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly for all the talk of BYU's struggles being an independent, but there's a reason they haven't gone back

Sure the bowl game options will be garbage for us, but instead of playing 1 or 2 P5 teams non-conference then one in the bowl game we'd be able to get at least 4 or 5 on the schedule. There's enough independents out there to schedule games, we already play BYU annually, could be one of Hawai'i's 13 games annually as well.

I'm ready for us to go to Independence, I think it's a better shot for us than being stuck with this awful conference that just weighs us down

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly for all the talk of BYU's struggles being an independent, but there's a reason they haven't gone back

Sure the bowl game options will be garbage for us, but instead of playing 1 or 2 P5 teams non-conference then one in the bowl game we'd be able to get at least 4 or 5 on the schedule. There's enough independents out there to schedule games, we already play BYU annually, could be one of Hawai'i's 13 games annually as well.

I'm ready for us to go to Independence, I think it's a better shot for us than being stuck with this awful conference that just weighs us down

Why would you be playing a P5 in the bowl game? Your bowl tie in is going to be shit if you go independent. You'd probably end up signing an agreement with the Potato Bowl once their current deal expires.

EDIT: Misread the original post, my apologies. I still doubt that BSU will be able to get 4-5 P5 teams unless they are all 2 for 1s.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you be playing a P5 in the bowl game? Your bowl tie in is going to be shit if you go independent. You'd probably end up signing an agreement with the Potato Bowl once their current deal expires.

EDIT: Misread the original post, my apologies. I still doubt that BSU will be able to get 4-5 P5 teams unless they are all 2 for 1s.

And then we’d have to schedule some home games against FCS teams to fill in the gaps. Getting six home games is already a struggle as it is. Imagine moving to Independent.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then we’d have to schedule some home games against FCS teams to fill in the gaps. Getting six home games is already a struggle as it is. Imagine moving to Independent.

For sure I think BSU would schedule NMSU and BYU every year, but it gets a lot tougher after that.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have to be the PAC or Independent. Nothing else really makes sense