• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise got hosed

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must be looking at different stuff of that play Trolly, I am not sure the Dayton guy ever even got his second foot on the ground at all. Granted Im blind as shit so theres that/// LOL. Anyweay back to cheering for UAB.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must be looking at different stuff of that play Trolly, I am not sure the Dayton guy ever even got his second foot on the ground at all. Granted Im blind as shit so theres that/// LOL. Anyweay back to cheering for UAB.

You're right in that the defender's 2nd foot did come down later, but he was still vertical.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must have been watching a different game.

Leaving your feet is bad strategy, but not a foul in and of itself. The defender clearly DID NOT initiate the contact, the shooter did, and it wasn't during his shooting motion. Yeah there was a crapload of contact but it was NOT a foul. (at least not on the defender. If *anything* it was an offensive foul that didn't get called, but no-call was the best call)

What game where you watching? He left his feet and jumped into Marks as he was in the process of attempting the shot. He fell for the pump fake, left his feet, and hammered the player while he was in the act of shooting the ball.

If anything it was an offensive foul you say? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. You have no clue what you are talking about.

What's done is done. It happened. It's over and nothing's going to change it. Boise should have never put themselves in that position to begin with. Like I said they deserved to lose the way they played in crunch time.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What game where you watching? He left his feet and jumped into Marks as he was in the process of attempting the shot. He fell for the pump fake, left his feet, and hammered the player while he was in the act of shooting the ball.

If anything it was an offensive foul you say? Get the fuck out of here with that nonsense. You have no clue what you are talking about.

What's done is done. It happened. It's over and nothing's going to change it. Boise should have never put themselves in that position to begin with. Like I said they deserved to lose the way they played in crunch time.

I would agree with your assessment if that's what happened... but wverything you said after "He fell for the pump fake" is complete bullshit.

He landed without making contact. The shooter initiated contact before he was in the act of shooting. Then chucked up a prayer that missed. It wasn't in the act of shooting and it wasn't a defensive foul. You can watch the replay in the youtube clip above.

Now go climb a wall of dicks you stupid twat.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the section on defender's right to verticality from the current NCAA rulebook.

("d" and "e" are of particular note in this case)

wio5cn.png

I feel like D hurts your argument. He wasn't vertical. His arms clearly came down and he was no longer verticle. Heck, they'll call fouls on post players even when they don't leave their feet if they get rammed into or jumped into with enough force that their arms come down slightly. Unless I'm watching something different than you I don't know how you can make the argument he was within his vertical plane. I felt like it was a borderline call, and I don't think it should've been called because it's a terrible way to end a game. But, that rule doesn't help Dayton's argument.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. It wasnt a foul, OP. Go re-read the tule book, and if you TIVO'd the game, re-watch the end. Its no big deal, we're all wrong about stufd sometimes

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like D hurts your argument. He wasn't vertical. His arms clearly came down and he was no longer verticle. Heck, they'll call fouls on post players even when they don't leave their feet if they get rammed into or jumped into with enough force that their arms come down slightly. Unless I'm watching something different than you I don't know how you can make the argument he was within his vertical plane. I felt like it was a borderline call, and I don't think it should've been called because it's a terrible way to end a game. But, that rule doesn't help Dayton's argument.

Yeah, I don't see that.

A) He looked pretty vertical to me... even after the contact.

B) If the defenders arm's are made to come down from vertical due to contact initiated by the offensive player... that has zero effect on him establishing verticality.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*rule book

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see that.

A) He looked pretty vertical to me... even after the contact.

B) If the defenders arm's are made to come down from vertical due to contact initiated by the offensive player... that has zero effect on him establishing verticality.

What I was saying was that the refs do not call it that way. They call it a defensive foul on post players even when the offensive play initiates the contact. HOWEVER, in this situation he was not straight up. He doesn't have the verticality argument because his arms came down and made contact, at like a 45 degree angle.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with your assessment if that's what happened... but wverything you said after "He fell for the pump fake" is complete bullshit.

He landed without making contact. The shooter initiated contact before he was in the act of shooting. Then chucked up a prayer that missed. It wasn't in the act of shooting and it wasn't a defensive foul. You can watch the replay in the youtube clip above.

Now go climb a wall of dicks you stupid twat.

How about this then? Go fuck yourself you worthless piece of shit. Choke on it.