• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Boise got hosed

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite relieved to see the number of sane responses to this.

That play wasn't a foul at the end of the game. Had it happened at the end of the 1st half, it wouldn't have been a foul then either.

Pump faking, isn't the same thing as shooting, and it doesn't give you a license to assault the defender.

The shooter had an eternity to get a shot off and draw contact. Instead when the defender went in the air, he cowered, hoping to get a a legit foul and when it didn't happen, he heaved up a desperation shot and flung himself into the defender.

I hate BS no-calls at the end of games as much as anyone, but that was the correct no-call.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm quite relieved to see the number of sane responses to this.

That play wasn't a foul at the end of the game. Had it happened at the end of the 1st half, it wouldn't have been a foul then either.

Pump faking, isn't the same thing as shooting, and it doesn't give you a license to assault the defender.

The shooter had an eternity to get a shot off and draw contact. Instead when the defender went in the air, he cowered, hoping to get a a legit foul and when it didn't happen, he heaved up a desperation shot and flung himself into the defender.

I hate BS no-calls at the end of games as much as anyone, but that was the correct no-call.

funny thing is that he had an open 3 if he just shot it normally

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me on the no foul side. It was all marks lowering his shoulder. He didn't even bitch himself

Wally World and the boys at the studio saw it the same way. Great defense

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys clearly either had a rooting interest or had Dayton in your brackets because that's a foul. You can't leave your feet, make contact and alter a shot without it being so. Marks started his shot and contact is made before the Dayton guy reestablished on the floor. Watch the replay. It's really an easy call. I understand not wanting it made but it should have been. Remember it's not when marks releases it or even when he jumps. It's when contact is made as the process of the shot starts. Seriously look at it. It's a foul

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys clearly either had a rooting interest or had Dayton in your brackets because that's a foul. You can't leave your feet, make contact and alter a shot without it being so. Marks started his shot and contact is made before the Dayton guy reestablished on the floor. Watch the replay. It's really an easy call. I understand not wanting it made but it should have been. Remember it's not when marks releases it or even when he jumps. It's when contact is made as the process of the shot starts. Seriously look at it. It's a foul

I wanted it. Marks making 1/2 free throws to send it to OT was my only shot at getting the spread. I have kris Dunn waxing Dayton.

No rooting interest. Would have been a Travesty if that was called.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GREAT no call. Such a bailout if they called it… they played excellent defense and the shooter had nowhere to go so as soon as the defender jumped STRAIGHT in the air he leaned in and initiated contact.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a defender you are absolutely allowed to leave your feet and come down on your own as long as you are straight up. The offensive player HAS to allow you to land where you jumped from, it's in the rule book.Obviously if he slapped his wrist that would be a different story, but he didn't and the ref allowed the defender to land. He didn't touch him, the defender is the one that got touched.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good no call.

He did get the defender to jump in the air... but then the offensive player jumped forward (not up) into the defender to create the contact.

I remember they cracked down on this in the NBA a couple years ago and it was a good change. Getting a defender in the air doesn't give you license to bump into them while they're in the air and draw the foul.

If you get the defender in the air... and then jump up in a normal shooting fashion and are contacted by the defensive player... then its a foul.

daglafe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last call/no call is what it is. Yes, usually it is called. No, it probably should not be called. There was a lot of rinky dink stuff being called on both teams, as well as a lot of whistle swallowing that favored both teams at times.

I'm not grumpy with either team or the refs really. It's the NCAA that needs an enema. It was a good game. I just wish it had been played on a neutral court.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had Dayton -4. when the team I bet on doesn't cover I want them to lose. still no foul imo

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the section on defender's right to verticality from the current NCAA rulebook.

("d" and "e" are of particular note in this case)

wio5cn.png

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the defender landed the shooter was holding the ball on the left side of his body. While the defender was on the ground and in guarding position, the shooter moved the ball across his body to get it to the right side, then took a shot. The contact occurred when he was switching from left to right sides, and that is in no way shape or form part of the shooting motion.

I've watched the replay dozens of times now. There was no foul on the defender.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have come down to the final play. Marks pretty much tried to go 1 on 5 the last 5 minutes of the game. Horrible.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't have come down to the final play. Marks pretty much tried to go 1 on 5 the last 5 minutes of the game. Horrible.

his coach kind of put him in that position by stalling every possession. college teams are terrible at it yet every coach does it. it makes zero sense

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hosed? the Dayton defender just put his hands up, Boise players jumped into him, a good no call.

What did the defender do that was a foul?

One of those announcers must be a graduate of Boise St. He was awful.

What did he do that was a foul? Are you being serious?! Well for one he left his feet on the pump fake which you should never, ever do in that situation and when he came down he absolutely jack-hammered the shit out of Marks. I don't care how much time on the clock was left, that was a foul. Clearly that was a foul. He hammered the shit out of him on that three point attempt. It was clear as day.

Boise did get completely hosed, but it is what it is. Hey, you go into conservative mode on the road like that and try to bleed clock when there's still a substantial amount of time left with only a fairly slim lead, you're asking for trouble. You dial up a "play" where you dribble yourself into a corner with little time left in a closely contested game, you're asking for more trouble. Bad calls throughout the game and particularly at the end, home court cooking, whatever. At the end of the day it doesn't matter. Boise didn't deserve to win that game. They were the better team, but they didn't perform well enough late to close it out. They played too conservatively at the end while clinging to a slight lead and tightened up in crunch time. And they paid the price for it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
had Dayton -4. when the team I bet on doesn't cover I want them to lose. still no foul imo

That's my feeling as well. I get so salty lol. Especially when it's something as simple as 4 fucking points!!

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my feeling as well. I get so salty lol. Especially when it's something as simple as 4 fucking points!!

It opened at -2.5 so there was action on Dayton that moved the line. And I don't blame the general public for betting that way either. I would have bet Dayton at -4 at home...........and lost..........just like Boise lost the game.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What did he do that was a foul? Are you being serious?! Well for one he left his feet on the pump fake which you should never, ever do in that situation and when he came down he absolutely jack-hammered the shit out of Marks. I don't care how much time on the clock was left, that was a foul. Clearly that was a foul. He hammered the shit out of him on that three point attempt. It was clear as day.

You must have been watching a different game.

Leaving your feet is bad strategy, but not a foul in and of itself. The defender clearly DID NOT initiate the contact, the shooter did, and it wasn't during his shooting motion. Yeah there was a crapload of contact but it was NOT a foul. (at least not on the defender. If *anything* it was an offensive foul that didn't get called, but no-call was the best call)