• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bogut's injuries

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck could the Warriors be this stupid to trade for a guy who was this badly injured. Who did the goddamned physical on this guy before they completed the trade?

The Warriors knew of his injury history as well as knowing full well about his current injury status. The other day, GM Myers was taking full responsibility for this although it feels as if the fans are really getting shammed on this one. If he is unable to play this year, oh boy.

Bucher: 'Microfracture surgery scares everybody'

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Warriors knew of his injury history as well as knowing full well about his current injury status. The other day, GM Myers was taking full responsibility for this although it feels as if the fans are really getting shammed on this one. If he is unable to play this year, oh boy.

Bucher: 'Microfracture surgery scares everybody'

Unless he was simply trying to rid the Warriors of Ellis' contract then Myers should be fired.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he was simply trying to rid the Warriors of Ellis' contract then Myers should be fired.

Yeah, that guy also signed Landry, traded Dorell Wright for Jack, draft Barnes, Ezeli and Green in his first year as GM. Let's fire that idiot!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that guy also signed Landry, traded Dorell Wright for Jack, draft Barnes, Ezeli and Green in his first year as GM. Let's fire that idiot!

The Bogut fiasco trumps all of that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How so? The Warriors are in 1st place as you have stated in the other thread. You also had a thread praising the play of Landry whom you had never heard before. Bogut has played in a handful of games, none of them with any real meaningful minutes. So basically he put together a team that is in first place, without arguable it's best big man. He took a gamble and so far it hasn't looked good, but he also hedged his bets by acquiring great pieces that have come together as a team. Building a team is much more important than one piece. If anything everything else should trump the Bogut situation.

Quick note: Monta is currently averaging 18.7ppg on 40% shooting. He's also averaging 5 assists and 3 rebounds a game. Klay is averaging 15.8 ppg on 38% shooting, 2 assists and 4 rebounds a game. Not a significant drop off.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How so? The Warriors are in 1st place as you have stated in the other thread. You also had a thread praising the play of Landry whom you had never heard before. Bogut has played in a handful of games, none of them with any real meaningful minutes. So basically he put together a team that is in first place, without arguable it's best big man. He took a gamble and so far it hasn't looked good, but he also hedged his bets by acquiring great pieces that have come together as a team. Building a team is much more important than one piece. If anything everything else should trump the Bogut situation.

Quick note: Monta is currently averaging 18.7ppg on 40% shooting. He's also averaging 5 assists and 3 rebounds a game. Klay is averaging 15.8 ppg on 38% shooting, 2 assists and 4 rebounds a game. Not a significant drop off.

... and Monta is at his ceiling while Klay is still learning the NBA game.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So the Warriors start off the road trip 3-0, are currently in first in the West, and despite all of the positive roster moves that Meyers has participated in, the injury to Bogut still trumps all of that? If anything, the Warriors are a better team without him because they are improvising on the fly, especially on the defensive end where they are developing the kids (Ezeli, Green) into becoming defensive stalwarts. Their rotations and their ability to always challenge jump shots is something this team hasn't done since the days of George Karl.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Bogut has played this season, he was just having pain. He's able to play, he just wants to be 100%. He'll be back in January, beginning of February the latest.

Meyers has already been better than Riley in a quarter of a season.

Playoffs, BABY! Yeah I said it, no jinx.

:peep:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fact that Landry is playing well does nothing to diminish the ignominy of the Bogut fiasco. The best thing about that trade is we got rid of a useless second point guard in Monta Ellis who was holding Curry back while commanding a huge salary. They are playing well now against a bunch of mddle of the pack to poor teams but they'll ned Bogut if they want to compete consistently with the good teams in the conference.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that Landry is playing well does nothing to diminish the ignominy of the Bogut fiasco. The best thing about that trade is we got rid of a useless second point guard in Monta Ellis who was holding Curry back while commanding a huge salary. They are playing well now against a bunch of mddle of the pack to poor teams but they'll ned Bogut if they want to compete consistently with the good teams in the conference.

Technically, he was holding back Klay's PT.

Also, they weren't really winning these kind of games last year, and I don't consider Brooklyn to be a middle of the pack piss poor team, neither. It's also funny you mention the "ignominy" of the Bogus fiasco, yet point out that they need him to compete against better teams. :lm:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, he was holding back Klay's PT.

Also, they weren't really winning these kind of games last year, and I don't consider Brooklyn to be a middle of the pack piss poor team, neither. It's also funny you mention the "ignominy" of the Bogus fiasco, yet point out that they need him to compete against better teams. :lm:

That much is true, but I never used the words "piss poor" anywhere. Brooklyn is a middle of the pack type team. Its not interesting at all that I point out the team cannot compete against the better teams without a big man like Bogut; not at all. Its simply a fact.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That much is true, but I never used the words "piss poor" anywhere. Brooklyn is a middle of the pack type team. Its not interesting at all that I point out the team cannot compete against the better teams without a big man like Bogut; not at all. Its simply a fact.

Then why are you commenting on the Bogut trade as a fiasco? The fact that you have a legitimate top 3 defender at the center position on reserve til January/February is a good sign for this team to get even better later on. The Dubbs also beat LAC and ATL, both of whom are in the top 4 in their respective conferences, mind you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then why are you commenting on the Bogut trade as a fiasco? The fact that you have a legitimate top 3 defender at the center position on reserve til January/February is a good sign for this team to get even better later on. The Dubbs also beat LAC and ATL, both of whom are in the top 4 in their respective conferences, mind you.

You are kidding, right? And to your other post: No, the Warriors are not a better team without Bogut; that's just silly. If you think Bogut will be back and have any kind of impact this season I've got some swamp land in Florida you might be interested.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are kidding, right? And to your other post: No, the Warriors are not a better team without Bogut; that's just silly. If you think Bogut will be back and have any kind of impact this season I've got some swamp land in Florida you might be interested.

Bout impacted a couple of games at the beginning of the season, playing only about 60%. He'll be back this season, he'll be back at least 90%, though they said they're waiting for 100%. He's going to fit right in and turn this good team to a really dangerous team.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bogut is a skilled big man that can rebound. If he's healthy, he'll have a huge impact.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually have a close friend from Miami who looks into realty investments on the side so no thanks. Also, is that the only one liner you have on here?

As for Bogut, I'm actually in the medical field so I'm very aware of microfractures. However, did you question why the Warriors are putting a timetable for his return as Jan/Feb? Does that equate to the fact that Bogut truly has a microfracture? He very well could, but I don't know exactly what the Warriors team doctors really know about his injury or the severity of it is not as bad as they once thought. Granted, I'm holding my breath on this but you never know. You figure with the scrutiny this organization has already received about not being truthful to the fans in regards to Bogut's injury, they won't pull a fast one on the fans once again.

As far as my other post:

If anything, the Warriors are a better team without him because they are improvising on the fly, especially on the defensive end where they are developing the kids (Ezeli, Green) into becoming defensive stalwarts. Their rotations and their ability to always challenge jump shots is something this team hasn't done since the days of George Karl.

Yes, this is true because MJ is giving more PT to his rookies which will come in handy towards the end of season and also the playoffs, where having a deep bench comes in handy. If Bogut had been healthy, who knows if Green and Ezeli would have as much PT. The Warriors are finding other ways to win instead of having the conventional big man in the middle - they are NOT going to wow you with overwhelming talent a la OKC or Miami, but they are learning to play as a team. This is what I meant about the benefits of not having Bogut for the time being because when he does get activated, this will obviously be a better team - they don't even need him to score many points, just having a solid 5 to defend the interior and clean up the defensive rebounds will do wonders for this team.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So...is that swamp land still for sale?