• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bogut being shut down for the next 7-10 Days

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per both MT2 and Steinmetz, Bogut is being shut down for the next 7-10 days to let his ankle heal up. It was Bogut's decision to shut it down as he feels he's not helping the team at this point. Wants to get fully healthy and return so he can be back to his old self.

Here's an article from Sam Amick on Bogut's situation

With Andrew Bogut limited, Warriors' future teeters

Expect to see Ezeli get significant minutes in the next few games and also I would imagine a Latvian Tax cameo every now and then.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Smart move but disappointing.

I know the season has just begun, but this looks and smells like a transition year to me. Which isn't the worst thing necessarily. A year when injured guys heal (Curry and Bogut), where young guys gain more experience (Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Ezeli, etc.), and contracts slowly expire (Jefferson and Latvian).

This doesn't mean the team can't win 40 (give or take a few). But it appears more and more likely the Ws are a fringe playoff team at best.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieds actually looked half decent the short period he played. Hopefully we can get some more of that.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. Smart move but disappointing.

I know the season has just begun, but this looks and smells like a transition year to me. Which isn't the worst thing necessarily. A year when injured guys heal (Curry and Bogut), where young guys gain more experience (Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Ezeli, etc.), and contracts slowly expire (Jefferson and Latvian).

This doesn't mean the team can't win 40 (give or take a few). But it appears more and more likely the Ws are a fringe playoff team at best.

I think they can get to 45 wins even with losing Rush and resting Bogut and Curry. It means more Lee/Landry-based front courts, but that will almost be nice to remind us that small ball is only used sparingly or during injuries, now. Plus, they're both fun players to watch for different reasons. I can see Barnes' and Ezeli's confidence growing. Hopefully, they're retaining some of the lessons, too. B-Rush going down actually made Richard Jefferson seem interested in playing basketball, as well, so the Dubs have that going for them. ;)

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they can get to 45 wins even with losing Rush and resting Bogut and Curry. It means more Lee/Landry-based front courts, but that will almost be nice to remind us that small ball is only used sparingly or during injuries, now. Plus, they're both fun players to watch for different reasons. I can see Barnes' and Ezeli's confidence growing. Hopefully, they're retaining some of the lessons, too. B-Rush going down actually made Richard Jefferson seem interested in playing basketball, as well, so the Dubs have that going for them. ;)

:)

One thing is for sure...If Rush is healthy, Barnes' minutes would remain small. He and Ezeli are going to get an opportunity to show what they can do (like Thompson last year).

45 wins? Damn, I hope you're right. But I have my doubts. I fear an 0-3 road trip, a prolonged Bogut absence, and some other unforeseen crappy thing to happen to this team. Either way, I've enjoyed watching Barnes and Ezezi and look forward to seeing them play, even with rookie mistakes. Now if Curry can stop throwing the ball away and missing wide open shots, my viewing experience would be far more pleasant. ;)

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per both MT2 and Steinmetz, Bogut is being shut down for the next 7-10 days to let his ankle heal up. It was Bogut's decision to shut it down as he feels he's not helping the team at this point. Wants to get fully healthy and return so he can be back to his old self.

Here's an article from Sam Amick on Bogut's situation

With Andrew Bogut limited, Warriors' future teeters

Expect to see Ezeli get significant minutes in the next few games and also I would imagine a Latvian Tax cameo every now and then.

Who cares? I don't believe Bogut was ever part of the Warriors plan anyway. They knew he was done when they got him; it was just a ploy to get rid of Ellis' contract without the fans going into open revolt. This remains the worst run franchise in professional sports.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bieds actually looked half decent the short period he played. Hopefully we can get some more of that.

Geez, I'd forgotten he was even on the team.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? I don't believe Bogut was ever part of the Warriors plan anyway. They knew he was done when they got him; it was just a ploy to get rid of Ellis' contract without the fans going into open revolt. This remains the worst run franchise in professional sports.

If I were more of a betting man, I'd put down big money that the Warriors will be a playoff team before you lose your Debbie Downer schtick.

BTW: Bogut's salary is larger than Ellis'.