• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Board Man Gets Paid

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Athletic has a classic oral history piece on Kawhi's days at San Diego State in college. Needless to say, he was a man of few words, even then.

Gay: The most he talked was on the hard court, and Kawhi was not afraid to let you know that you weren’t going to score on him, that you couldn’t get past him or that he would score on you. Every time the ball went through the net, he just said, “Bucket. Bucket.” That was it.

Tyrone Shelley, guard: Most people say it like, “Oh, I’m about to get buckets on you.” He was just like, “Buckets. Layup.” Just one word.

Shelton: He’d be like, “You’re not scoring. You’re not doing anything.” Or he’d be like, “No, no, no.” He’d just move his feet and say, “No.”

Gay: You couldn’t score on him, so that’s what he would say: “Nope, nope, nope.” And when he would score on you: “Bucket. Bucket.”

LaBradford Franklin, guard: If he was grabbing a rebound, he’d say, “Give me that” or “Board man” or “Board man gets paid.”

Coach Hutson: If I heard it once, I heard it 50 times. “Board man. I’m a board man.” That’s what he said. Absolutely. “I’m a board man. Yeah, I’m a board man. Board man gets paid.” He spoke in phrases like that.

'The board man gets paid': An oral history of Kawhi...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we positive he wasn't saying 'I'm a bored man'?????
A bored man gets paid.

Maybe he was tired of carrying those chumps and wanted something for the effort......

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we positive he wasn't saying 'I'm a bored man'?????
A bored man gets paid.

Well, the Spurs have always been considered boring and he's definitely gonna get paid. Soooo....:noidea:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What was really subtle but smart here is that he didn't actually say "board man gets paid" in his response. He knew that would go viral. LOL.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was really subtle but smart here is that he didn't actually say "board man gets paid" in his response. He knew that would go viral. LOL.

I don't think it was that subtle or smart in a thought out way. I think he's just that dull and lifeless to where none of his answers will give you anything ever. He's awkward as hell.