• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Blitz package % ???

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys have the % of blitzes from last year.? I know some of you guys have PFF or are ESPN insiders. I just keep getting normal stats and not breakdowns. My google skills are not working.

While I don't see a huge dropoff in run support. IMO Ngata coming of PED's or not will still do his job of demanding a DT. The back seven did a good to great job in run support.
Where I feel Suh will be missed in the pass rush. So I'm just wondering how much Austin blitzed? Then I can wonder if that is a area where Austin can try and compensate for the absence of Suh?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me 2 entire minutes to find that. Think of all the things I could have done with that time?

Take a piss
Chug milk from the carton
Beat off
Let out a long fart
Exercise
Pick my nose

Lots of things

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I don't see a huge dropoff in run support. IMO Ngata coming of PED's or not will still do his job of demanding a DT. The back seven did a good to great job in run support.

Problem with Ngata is this the just doesn't play as many snaps as Suh. Suh played 80-85% of snaps last year. Ngata is in the high 60% range. And that's down from the 70% range in 2013, so he's clearly on the decline. Not even of the same planet as Suh.

So were looking at a lot of Reid/Walker Reid/Wright Walker/Wright this year.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any of you guys have the % of blitzes from last year.? I know some of you guys have PFF or are ESPN insiders. I just keep getting normal stats and not breakdowns. My google skills are not working.

Where I feel Suh will be missed in the pass rush. So I'm just wondering how much Austin blitzed? Then I can wonder if that is a area where Austin can try and compensate for the absence of Suh?
image.jpg
(Was gonna use that earlier, but didn't want to upset anyone.)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 16919
(Was gonna use that earlier, but didn't want to upset anyone.)

Can you google me up the same pic that states "why don't ya just go fuck yourself"

Ohh, by the way. There was enough money in the slush fund for s'more popcorn. The voters will never find out.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with Ngata is this the just doesn't play as many snaps as Suh. Suh played 80-85% of snaps last year. Ngata is in the high 60% range. And that's down from the 70% range in 2013, so he's clearly on the decline. Not even of the same planet as Suh.

So were looking at a lot of Reid/Walker Reid/Wright Walker/Wright this year.

I'm not going to get all caught up in snap counts. Yes Suh is on a different planet. Ngata is not a big pass rusher. So maybe some snaps taking away there? In obvious passing downs. Not sure? Then you factor in do the Lions have success in the run game this season eating up clock? Might not need huge snaps from Ngata. So many variables change season to season and week to week.

Yes Austin knew how to utilize Suh and made a drastic difference. He also knew how to utilize other players strengths. Austin is the one guy I will be a homer with. I really feel he is special coach. Saw a lot of development in some you g kids last year. The kind that was not all Suh related.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you google me up the same pic that states "why don't ya just go fuck yourself"

Ohh, by the way. There was enough money in the slush fund for s'more popcorn. The voters will never find out.
I'll see what these eyeballs can find.....

Did we get any butter?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be surprised to see more blitzing leading to more obvious passing downs leading to more snaps without Ngata. Austin knows what he is doing. Dont be surprised if Devin Taylor and Jason Jones are both at DT if it is 3rd and 15+. Could even move Ziggy inside on those plays too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw a lot of development in some you g kids last year. The kind that was not all Suh related.

Suh was directly related to anyone and everyone on the D improving. Slay, Levy, Ihedgibo, all of them. Austin too, sure. But he doesn't suit up.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont be surprised to see more blitzing leading to more obvious passing downs leading to more snaps without Ngata. Austin knows what he is doing. Dont be surprised if Devin Taylor and Jason Jones are both at DT if it is 3rd and 15+. Could even move Ziggy inside on those plays too.
I'd rather see Ziggy at OLB than DT, situationally. 3-3-5, en sech.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those times when the tears just won't stop flowing:

2iwafck.jpg

Rolls are designed extra soft for when you inevitably drop it on the floor.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read those articles the other day. Good reads.

Whatever works for me is good

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was directly related to anyone and everyone on the D improving. Slay, Levy, Ihedgibo, all of them. Austin too, sure. But he doesn't suit up.

Suh helped free guys up. Like I said months ago Rob. Slay's cover skills had a huge jump from year one. Suh does not teach a guy to be on a island. He does make a guy wrap on a tackle. The defense swarmed and gang tackled a lot last year. Sorry I can give him credit for freeing up guys to make plays. The key words are make plays. They made the plays. I get what you and GVSU speak of, he will be missed. A players skill set does not just disappear. Whitehead and Levy stepped up last year. The playing time Whitehead got was huge last year. Suh helped, but the sole reason? You are in denial of actually seeing a few players develop.