• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bleacher Report Article: Philadelphia Flyers Goaltender Michael Leighton Lies

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers Goaltender Michael Leighton Lies to Management about Injury | Bleacher Report

News out of the Flyers camp is that goaltender Michael Leighton will be out six to eight weeks due to a herniated disc in his back. He will have surgery Monday to correct the problem, which was originally believed to be a bulging disc but doctors have discovered the more serious of the possibilities with the herniated disc.

“I first felt it in playoffs last year,” Leighton said. “I gave it time to settle down, and obviously it was injured and it never really went away.”

Leighton isn’t making friends with the management either.

“Obviously I’m not happy about this now, but we certainly didn’t know this in the summertime when we were going through the contract negotiations.” Holmgren said to the media about Leighton concealing his injury.

You guys know the episode of Srcubs where the drug addict is getting narcotics from Elliot after everyone thinks they can trust him?

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not sure how i feel about this. at the same time, put yourself i his shoes, he wants to be a starting goalie in the nhl, same like lappy, he wanted to play so badly, but at the same time if its hurting your team in the process..then idk..ive always been a huge michael leighton supporter but idk anymore..not to mention we now have our franchise goalie (bob) (yeah i think hes that good)

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we talking breach of contract here??

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i heard that sound bite...really a gray area...just not sure where you go with this if at all...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chy is a lawyer. I wonder if he can shed some light on this?

How 'bout it Chy?

indyflyr

Da Oracle
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
prob not breach of contract because i would think it is encumbent on the team to perform it's due diligence on the health of the player before they sign him. unless the player actually signs a statement of good health. but why would the union agree to that?

i don't blame leighton. i guess i'd do it for 2 million bucks as well, and hope that it is not as bad as it sounds. but from my small perspective as a fan...i'd call it pretty underhanded. he really put holmer in a bind. no matter how good he might, or likely won't be, he will never get another contract from philly.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
prob not breach of contract because i would think it is encumbent on the team to perform it's due diligence on the health of the player before they sign him. unless the player actually signs a statement of good health. but why would the union agree to that?

i don't blame leighton. i guess i'd do it for 2 million bucks as well, and hope that it is not as bad as it sounds. but from my small perspective as a fan...i'd call it pretty underhanded. he really put holmer in a bind. no matter how good he might, or likely won't be, he will never get another contract from philly.

I'm going to have to read up on the lemon laws to get a better understanding of the situation because, after all, that is exactly what happened to the Flyer's management. lol :)

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if this had any relevance on why Leighton only had a 2 game chance to stay in the NHL this season.