• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bits and Pieces (Game Day Checkins)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you remember about the buzz around Gobert, when he was in the G league?

That I wanted him to play but since I didn’t get to watch Jazz games, especially not G league, was afraid he’d be one of those players we drafted but never played who went back to Europe. The fact we draft day traded for him lessened the worry.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to click on this thread title.

Karl Malone, Second Place Again

Can you please change it to "Karl Malone, First Place Again!"?

Then I'll read it.

After I'm done reading it, you can change it back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to click on this thread title.

Karl Malone, Second Place Again

Can you please change it to "Karl Malone, First Place Again!"?

Then I'll read it.

After I'm done reading it, you can change it back.

I will give you a hint: it is a good thing not to be first in this category besides the fact that it indicate high usage and long career.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will give you a hint: it is a good thing not to be first in this category besides the fact that it indicate high usage and long career.

Oh, ok. Then I'll click on it.

I didn't want to read something bad about Malone today.

BTW, have you figured out why all of the toolbar buttons in the editor are grayed out for me?

Actually, seems like a Firefox thing, since they're showing up in Chrome. Can you report this issue, or tell me where I can report it? Since I like Firefox.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, what do you think of Mike Conley Jr. this year?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@MHSL82, what do you think of Mike Conley Jr. this year?

- As you know, I love assists. I told my dad that I know we move the ball too much for one guy to have many assists, so all I ask is for Conley to meet us in the middle. He averaged 6.4 in his last year with Grizzlies and averaged 4.4 with us. So I wanted 5.5 or more.

- He’s now averaging 5.7 after his 10 yesterday and 14 the game before... when was the last time the Jazz had somebody with 10 or more assists twice in a row? Williams, right? Or Ingles in a blue moon?

- He has matched his steals in that last Grizzlies year and has improved his free throws, three-point percentage at field-goal percentage as well.

- Third highest field goal percent and highest 3pt percentage in his career.

- He’s averaging more points per game than his career average in fewer minutes.

- So just an awful, awful disappointing year for him.

- Just kidding. Contract year. But he means it.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- He’s now averaging 5.7 after his 10 yesterday and 14 the game before... when was the last time the Jazz had somebody with 10 or more assists twice in a row? Williams, right? Or Ingles in a blue moon?

Yay. It was Ingles, who did it twice two years ago. Once had 10+ 3 time is 4 games.

Rubio did it once three years ago to start the season.

Mack did it once five years ago. Tinsley and Harris did it once.

Williams did it nine times in his last year here with Sloan. Once had 4 games in a row (counted that once) and once with three in a row (counted that once). So is that really 12 times?

Williams the year before did it 11 times, but several were 3 plus games, so again i could count that higher. He had two 6 game streaks and 1 9 games streak.

8 times the year before. 11 game streak.

8 times the year before. 11 game streak. Two additional 9 game streaks.

Note that I have only checked the summaries that have team highs. So there may be a time where someone else got 11 assists and he got 10. So these could be more or longer.

10 the year before but not many 3 plus streaks.

Once in his rookie year. None by the Jazz the year before, though we did have some 10+ games. Eisley‘s last year.

Three seasons ago, we went a whole season with no one getting even 9 assists. 94 games in a row without anyone having 10 or more.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- As you know, I love assists. I told my dad that I know we move the ball too much for one guy to have many assists, so all I ask is for Conley to meet us in the middle. He averaged 6.4 in his last year with Grizzlies and averaged 4.4 with us. So I wanted 5.5 or more.

- He has matched his steals in that last Grizzlies year and has improved his free throws, three-point percentage at field-goal percentage as well.

That is a good find about how he's averaging more in fewer minutes.

So he's better than his average self.

His steals seems low to me, but a lot of players in the NBA have low steals the past few years. It just seems to be an unfortunate trend, to average less steals, by many players.

What are his best assist games this year with Mitchell and Ingles playing in those games?

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you happy with his play?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand why we are shooting with 4.9 seconds to go because you want to be able to get the rebound if you miss it. What I don’t understand is why we were shooting with only 0.5 off the clock. I know everyone and their grandmother knows that we need a three pointer, it just seems too quick to get an actual good shot. It took 4.8 seconds for it to go through the air and get rebounded.

5224BDB9-E03C-4F5B-B467-B27B37E86620.png

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson was 6-18, ended at 16-33.

Lost the game because we don’t bother to disrupt a halfcourt shot at the halftime buzzer.

Lost because we can’t box out Looney.

More importantantly, we can’t get to my goal of 54 wins and while I usually don‘t like odd number season total wins, I don’t want the Jazz to lose again.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does it say the Jazz shot with 0.5 seconds left?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does it say the Jazz shot with 0.5 seconds left?

It says that we got possession with 5.4 seconds to go and called time out. And then with 4.9 seconds to go, we shot the ball. I guess it was a good luck and that’s all you can ask for. If it went in, as I can see, there probably would not have been that much time left for the Warriors. So, not too bad. But my thinking is if you shoot the ball at 4.9, they get the ball back and it was a rushed shot.

And I understand that there can be an argument for shooting the ball sooner so you can get the rebound for another shot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let’s go Blazers tonight against the Suns. If the Suns lose, the Jazz clinch at least a share of the league’s best record. We can also do that by winning at least one more game. So let’s do both to not have to share.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At halftime, four players are 17/22 (77.3%). The rest of the players: 14/62 (22.6%). (Two players each team are 50% or better.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took ten games, but it happened: the Jazz lost a game they shouldn’t: Orlando Magic. 107-100. We need consistent sharp shooters. No one outside of close-shot Gobert can make shots consistently.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative thoughts purge: stupid Orlando, dumb Indiana, and choke versus Grizzlies. Argh! On one hand, it’s good that I can count these because that means that there aren’t very many bad losses. The Grizzlies are a good team and so that’s OK, but we were winning by four or five points within the last minute. This is the same category as the Miami Heat loss and they’re a good team. So definitely the third worst loss not the first or second. I want to go back to winning all home games, but it doesn’t seem to matter anymore besides a regular advantage.