• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bitegate

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So I'm just curious what people's opinions are about the Burrow situation? First, I think that unless you can actually see him bite down on P.B., which from the replays I saw it looked close but NOT DEFINITIVE, that's pretty bad sportsmanship, etc, etc.

Now, on the other hand, I also think that in order to get your fingers bitten in the first place you have to basically be face washing a guy to begin with which is just as bad IMO. It's a two way street bergeron has to stick his hand in Burrows face and burrows has to bite down.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he bit him. why would he make this up? they have a video of him coming to the bench and you could read his lips saying "he bit me" why make that up? i just think the nhl used the excuse it was a definitive bite? face washing has been and always will be a part of hockey it doesnt warrant a penalty and certainly doesnt warrant having your finger bitten. shame too because he should've been susspended. add salt in the wound he ends up being the key in game 2? nhl just looks even worse now!

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He bit him, and the nhl screwed the pooh by not suspending him, that all around, was a disgrace

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong guys, I definitely think that he bit him and I think that it looks bad for the game, but let's be real here, in the video, Bergeron sticks his fingers in his mouth. This isn't a mike tyson moment where he locks up holyfield and bites his ear off. I think that the face wash plus him basically shoving his fingers in his mouth isn't exactly copacetic. I think the bite is essentially a fine plus a penalty in game... touch situation.