• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bills name rookie QB Josh Allen a starter. Why? Well...

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My man. Proper diet is 80% of weight loss, exercise 20

Can't outwork a bad diet, put the right stuff in your body and the exercise just becomes a cherry on top!
Yup, pizza, burgers and beer 4-5 times a week is the only way to go......

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nathan Peterman has a career rating of 25.7 and isnt an NFL QB.

0.0 this year

Merely stating that Peterman starting week 1 told me all I needed to know about the Allen's progress. The Bills are in trouble....maybe 3 or 4 win type trouble.

Airraidtech

DAT DON'T MAKE NO SENSE!
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume telling my wife to take the chargers in her offices nfl pick em game thing was the correct decision.

Pick only team once all year, figured this would be a good week to pick the chargers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the poise tho. to make THAT throw your first in the NFL, and bounce back to go 11 for your next 14?

thats what i mean by poise.

Jezzuzz Rock they were playing the Lions. My fat ass could look poised against that bunch. I never played QB either.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jezzuzz Rock they were playing the Lions. My fat ass could look poised against that bunch. I never played QB either.
i think you are misunderstanding.

im talking about the QB, not the lions.

lot of guys would not bounce back from that first throw as if nothing happened. he did.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think you are misunderstanding.

im talking about the QB, not the lions.

lot of guys would not bounce back from that first throw as if nothing happened. he did.

Of course, on the road at Lions for a kid in his first start is easy for no one

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I assume telling my wife to take the chargers in her offices nfl pick em game thing was the correct decision.

Pick only team once all year, figured this would be a good week to pick the chargers.
Assuming the pick em game has no spreads, then you're probably right.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to repost what I originally posted in the Peterman named starter thread:

I'm sure this will go well.

Remember when the Bills were having a decent season, then benched Tyrod, who was also having a decent season, for some raw rookie? I think he threw 5 picks in his first half of NFL play.

Then the Bills got rid of Tyrod and kept that rookie. Then they got AJ McCarron. Not exactly Tyrod, but hardly a raw QB prospect. Then they drafted a raw QB prospect in Josh Allen. Then they got rid of McCarron.

And now they're back to starting Mr. 5 picks in a half. Huh? I wonder why the Bills aren't ever considered contenders.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm juat going to repost what I originally posted in the Peterman named starter thread:

I'm sure this will go well.

Remember when the Bills were having a decent season, then benched Tyrod, who was also having a decent season, for some raw rookie? I think he threw 5 picks in his first half of NFL play.

Then the Bills got rid of Tyrod and kept that rookie. Then they got AJ McCarron. Not exactly Tyrod, but hardly a raw QB prospect. Then they drafted a raw QB prospect in Josh Allen. Then they got rid of McCarron.

And now they're back to starting Mr. 5 picks in a half. Huh? I wonder why the Bills aren't ever considered contenders.

Didn't read

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trick to getting something from Nathan Peterman is to have him throw 10 passes, no more and no fewer.

In 2 games where he has thrown 10 passes, he is: 12-20 (60%), 136 yards, 6.8 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 113.8 QB Rating.

In 3 games where he has thrown more than 10 passes, he is: 17-47 (36%), 140 yards, 2.98 YPA, 0 TDs, 7 INTs, 5.14 QB Rating.

Nathan Peterman Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

So maybe they can put him in for 10 passes and have Allen play the rest? :p

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean why not? I don't understand what the Bills were really trying to do by benching Allen. If you retained everyone from the 2017-18 team then fine, but you didn't. They lost their entire offensive line and then decided to mortgage everything for some dude... just plug and play him.

Bills are on par with the Dolphins to be the worst run FO of all time, outside of maybe the Browns. EASY PATS FANS, EASY!!! JESUS. Tom Brady is great.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My money is on a Jets split if anything

If Allen sucks, Bills be 0-16 bad Rocko
Allen could suck hugely and still be an upgrade over Peterman

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean why not? I don't understand what the Bills were really trying to do by benching Allen. If you retained everyone from the 2017-18 team then fine, but you didn't. They lost their entire offensive line and then decided to mortgage everything for some dude... just plug and play him.

Bills are on par with the Dolphins to be the worst run FO of all time, outside of maybe the Browns. EASY PATS FANS, EASY!!! JESUS. Tom Brady is great.

You can't bench someone who was never the starter (1 preseason game does not count). Everyone wants to sit their QB prospects so they don't rush them into something they aren't ready for. Unfortunately, the Bills didn't find that guy to bridge the gap, as McCarron was easily the worst of the 3 in the preseason and was dealt away. Peterman has this aversion to starting; he's performed much better in relief (of course, most of the pressure is off by then).

Of their offensive line, only 1 move was of their own volition; trading their oft-injured LT Glenn, who had basically already been replaced in 2017 by rookie Dion Dawkins. LG Incognito lost his shit and retired. C Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending injury and was forced to retire. Unfortunately, the Bills probably needed to upgrade RG and RT last year, but that has been put on hold for now due to bigger fish to fry.

The Bills didn't mortgage everything; they actually made a pretty cheap deal to move up and get their guy. However, that was with the knowledge that Josh Allen would take more seasoning than some of the others (2 of which were already taken in the draft). It makes no sense to rush him out there behind a shaky offensive line. Unfortunately, Peterman once again looked like a deer in the headlights behind that line and has been benched. Hell, it even seemed that every time they ran McCoy, that line was called for holding.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trick to getting something from Nathan Peterman is to have him throw 10 passes, no more and no fewer.

In 2 games where he has thrown 10 passes, he is: 12-20 (60%), 136 yards, 6.8 YPA, 2 TDs, 0 INTs, 113.8 QB Rating.

In 3 games where he has thrown more than 10 passes, he is: 17-47 (36%), 140 yards, 2.98 YPA, 0 TDs, 7 INTs, 5.14 QB Rating.

Nathan Peterman Career Game Log | Pro-Football-Reference.com

So maybe they can put him in for 10 passes and have Allen play the rest? :p

Those 10 passes have to be in the second half.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't bench someone who was never the starter (1 preseason game does not count). Everyone wants to sit their QB prospects so they don't rush them into something they aren't ready for. Unfortunately, the Bills didn't find that guy to bridge the gap, as McCarron was easily the worst of the 3 in the preseason and was dealt away. Peterman has this aversion to starting; he's performed much better in relief (of course, most of the pressure is off by then).

Of their offensive line, only 1 move was of their own volition; trading their oft-injured LT Glenn, who had basically already been replaced in 2017 by rookie Dion Dawkins. LG Incognito lost his shit and retired. C Wood was diagnosed with a career-ending injury and was forced to retire. Unfortunately, the Bills probably needed to upgrade RG and RT last year, but that has been put on hold for now due to bigger fish to fry.

The Bills didn't mortgage everything; they actually made a pretty cheap deal to move up and get their guy. However, that was with the knowledge that Josh Allen would take more seasoning than some of the others (2 of which were already taken in the draft). It makes no sense to rush him out there behind a shaky offensive line. Unfortunately, Peterman once again looked like a deer in the headlights behind that line and has been benched. Hell, it even seemed that every time they ran McCoy, that line was called for holding.

We're saying the same thing on the OLine. It sucks with Wood, and Incognito retiring is obviously outside of their control, but fact remains... They basically lost their entire O-Line.