• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bill Romanowski on with Colin Cowherd

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with this completely, but if the issue is more that Harbaugh doesn't want to be GM at all, just wants a GM he is on the "same page" with, I think the issue is a little more complicated. And then it would depend on the GM coming in, Kawakami had a nice column about Baalke's potential replacements. Here it is.
If the 49ers had to replace Trent Baalke: A GM-search short list, just to see how it might go ? Talking Points

It was complete sadness for me when Tom Gamble left for Philadelphia to be near family. He'd be one of my top 3 choices if Baalke left but I don't know if he'd be open to a return.

Obviously I'm only a fan so it's easier for me to throw the whole set of keys at Gamble because I'm not a part of the organization having to work there every day and dole out checks, but I wouldn't mind if they threw all the keys at him and made him one of the highest compensated executives in the NFL. I think he's THAT good at what he does. (How I'd structure the scouting staff under Gamble would be another long conversation because I have a plan in mind on how to do that, too.).

--------

Two more names on that list:

Eric DeCosta is a very good name I like but he's turned down a number of opportunities and I don't know if he'd want to leave Baltimore for SF either.

Omar Khan is another very good name to me. He's one of the most popular young names in the NFL and I'm really quite surprised he hasn't gotten more attention. It's hard for many Steeler employees to leave the organization so it doesn't shock me that he's not more active in trying to leave but I'm a little surprised he doesn't get more hype.

---------

Finally, one of my favorites that isn't on that list is this guy, who just got a promotion last year:

New York Giants: Marc Ross

He finally got some attention this past year and I think it's only a matter of time before somebody scoops him up. He's a big picture guy who I think is another name that you could throw every key to and say, "Run this WHOLE thing." I don't think he's a one title specific guy where you only want him running the college side of things or only heading up the pro side. Based on everything I have gathered and seen, he's somebody that I'd root for to run the whole show.