• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Biggest bullshit calls

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst call(s) I've ever seen came during Syracuse at WVU in 1992. Marvin Graves, Syracuse's QB, started a bench clearing brawl when he spiked the ball into the head of a WVU defender after the play. The brawl resulted in 3 WVU defensive starters being ejected and one Syracuse player who wasn't even at the stadium. Graves was not ejected. This was compiled by a pair of pass interference calls on 4th downs, one of which the ball was more than 20 yards overthrown. It was the only time in my life I ever heard Don Nehlen complain about officiating.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlMLkS8NNqY]Angry Don Nehlen Sounds Off on '92 Syracuse Loss - YouTube[/ame]

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the dumbest fucking piece of officiating I have seen in a while. If the Targeting ejection was over ruled, then it wasn't targeting. If it wasn't targeting then there was no penalty on the play. If there was no penalty on the play then it is not 15 yards and first down for the offense. Sometimes the NCAA makes things so much harder than they need to be.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Your team just won the biggest game of the year so far (and maybe for the year) and all you can do is come in here a whine like a little bitch about a call? That kind of stuff is usually reserved for losers.

How about talking about what agreat job McCarron had, or how the O-Line dominated A&Ms front 7, how Bama went on the road in a tough enviroment and came away with a win, or the great play calling by the coaching staff. No, you want to want to cry about a call that didn't go your way. How pathetic is that?

Thank God Bama won the game, we would have never heard the end of this bullshit. It's a good thing your not a Wisconsin fan. You wouldn't have been able to survive a call like they got.

:bawling::bawling::bawling:

Dude, i agree that we should be glad we came away with a win, but lets get real here. You as a fan should be as irritated with that call as any other fan. The NCAA is taking the game away from the teams and putting its destiny in the refs hands. In the video its clear(i have seen the replay many times) that the receiver touches the ball, then is hit by an incoming defender going for the ball also. Back in my day this was called defense, now its called a penalty obviously. During the play the incoming player hits first with his shoulder then momentum carries the players head into the other players. I played the game and its impossible to stop forward momentum in the air when two opposing objects collide, its called physics, look it up.

You as a losing team fan can make all the accusations you want about a fan crying, but in the end had it gone against you, you too would be complaining as you know it was a wrong call and you're clearly not stupid enough to say that it was. Sadly this game is being taken to the Refs end and teams will no longer have the ability to sway the outcome if the refs are intent on a certain team winning.

Good game but you know he is right.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was the dumbest fucking piece of officiating I have seen in a while. If the Targeting ejection was over ruled, then it wasn't targeting. If it wasn't targeting then there was no penalty on the play. If there was no penalty on the play then it is not 15 yards and first down for the offense. Sometimes the NCAA makes things so much harder than they need to be.
I have yet to see targeting called correctly. I have seen 6 called incorrectly though. I think the rule needs to go.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 15 yard personal foul against us for the defensive lineman losing his helmet was a bullshit call. Turned a third down into a first plus another 15 yards. Kept the Bama drive alive. You won't hear any of us cry about it. Bad calls happen in college football. You won the game get over it.

ida one

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Watch the video above and show me where he kneeled down. He set the ball on the ground and backed away. That is not kneeling. Good call Refs

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch the video above and show me where he kneeled down. He set the ball on the ground and backed away. That is not kneeling. Good call Refs

I watched. he did not kneel down. HOWEVER, the whistle was blown before anyone jumped on the ball.

That being said, play better then a dumb play at the end of the game, like this one, won't matter.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the 15 yard personal foul against us for the defensive lineman losing his helmet was a bullshit call. Turned a third down into a first plus another 15 yards. Kept the Bama drive alive. You won't hear any of us cry about it. Bad calls happen in college football. You won the game get over it.

That's a fairly stupid penalty based on player safety too, but it is a penalty. No penalty was found on the targeting call yet they still tack 15 yds on you. It's not just this game, it's happened to several teams and it's bullshit whether you like it or not. You lost, get over it, doesn't change the fact that it's a bullshit rule.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That clearly is a rule, although one that should have some leeway, it is meant for safety purposes. Hitting a receiver after he has touched the ball is legal in every sense of the word if not designated as targeting and this was clearly the case. We won and thats fine, but that doesnt take away from our disgust at the refs trying to take over the sport.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bs penalty effected the rest of the game. It was in the mind of our db's for the rest of the game and it effected how they played.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That bs penalty effected the rest of the game. It was in the mind of our db's for the rest of the game and it effected how they played.

I wont go that far Brother, they were not exactly playing lights out before that, but it might have played into their minds some. At any rate we got revenge for our loss, but we have lots of work to do to keep a top spot this year. Ole miss looked good at times last night and they get a week off to prepare for us, i am now worried about them.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aggie fan is failing to understand this simple point in this situation.

There is a difference between a bad call and a bad rule.

A bad call was not made in the targeting penalty. The refs referred to instant replay, as is their duty in this case, and determined that targeting was not what happened and overturned the call and the automatic ejection that would have taken place.

So a good call was made.

However, BY RULE, the 15-yard penalty is still in effect even though instant replay had already been allowed to overturn the penalty.

That's a bad rule.

A bad call may or may not affect a game in the long run.

A bad rule, however, is something that will take place over and over this season and for seasons to come until that rule is changed.

A bad rule isn't about one football game but about the credibility of college football as a whole.

Chicago-Bama

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't know that was a penalty till yesterday. I called BS on that one also. Who needs a helment to make a tackle. :laugh3:

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wont go that far Brother, they were not exactly playing lights out before that, but it might have played into their minds some. At any rate we got revenge for our loss, but we have lots of work to do to keep a top spot this year. Ole miss looked good at times last night and they get a week off to prepare for us, i am now worried about them.

I wasn't implying that the reason our db's got lit up was because of the penalty. Their wide receivers were better than our db's last night. What I was referring to about the bs penalty effecting the rest of the game was that after the penalty there was several occasion for one of our db's to lower the boom on one of their wide receivers but they checked up. I believe they checked up because of the penalty. If we had lowered the boom a couple of times they would have been hearing footsteps for the rest of the game. Them hearing footsteps is advantage Bama.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was ruled no targeting, should be no penalty. Thats just common sense.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the new rule also but I understand why they are calling it. If it's close you can expect a penalty. The league isn't playing around. At least Bama got a fair review. It happened to us during our first game. The DB led with his shoulder and hit the receiver with his shoulder and got a flag. Sumlin had to throw the red flag to get a review. He still got ejected.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the first time I remember seeing the helmet penalty though. I remember watching a different game last week and talking about how annoying it is that no one can seem to keep their helmets on. "If they started getting flagged for that shit they would strap them on better." I laughed at myself when I saw it happen to my team.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I too can understand the rule of targeting. What I and others fail to understand is how they can review it and determine that there was no targeting and still penalize a team 15 yards.

And, what makes it so stupid is that it isn't because of a ref screwing up but because that is how the rule is designed!

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of the new rule also but I understand why they are calling it. If it's close you can expect a penalty. The league isn't playing around. At least Bama got a fair review. It happened to us during our first game. The DB led with his shoulder and hit the receiver with his shoulder and got a flag. Sumlin had to throw the red flag to get a review. He still got ejected.

I understand them calling it, that's not the problem. It's the whole still getting penalized 15 yds when no penalty was found to have occurred. It just doesn't make any sense what-so-ever.