• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Faster Stronger Louder

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have no issue if we wanted to make things more interesting but whatever the majority want is fine.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in.

Sorry to not perform. I tried but many picks failed me as well as others.
Picking up players in FAgency is huge, and I failed there too.

Great league, congrats Jimmy Rustlers. Well Deserved.

Any chance you can post a list of past Champs from this league? 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Thanks Gentlemen.......Go Hawks.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in.

Sorry to not perform. I tried but many picks failed me as well as others.
Picking up players in FAgency is huge, and I failed there too.

Great league, congrats Jimmy Rustlers. Well Deserved.

Any chance you can post a list of past Champs from this league? 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Thanks Gentlemen.......Go Hawks.

LL posted this at some point:

Fantasy Football | Yahoo Sports

That's just last year though. Don't know how to find stuff from the first year but if I recall correctly I finished third that season. Not sure how everyone else did, and I'm also not sure how many people have been in the league all three years.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys are down we can raise the ante a bit next season and have a buy in and winning pot for 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

Something as simple as $20 for each person. 1st take $120, 2nd take $60 and 3rd $20.

I'd like to join a money league next year, if we don't do it here, maybe you got a recommendation for a money league?

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea, i would try a lot harder. Say way when i golf...gotta be cash on the line or i lose interest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great idea, i would try a lot harder. Say way when i golf...gotta be cash on the line or i lose interest.
Yeah a little cash does make more interesting. That goes for every thing. I've been playing a money pick em against the spread for years and for sure I study and weigh games much closer then the no cost pick ems. Going to just do my money pick ems next year.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way my luck goes in this league I probably shouldn't play for money but hell yeah i'm in. I am kinda burnt out on fantasy sports adding some cash might help bring back my interest.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get a pay league up and running a few years ago. I had found a website that would allow you to create the team how you wanted. You could run any offensive strategy and defensive strategy and the fantasy points from your players would be adjusted to whatever style you played. You signed your players up to 3 years, and there was a salary cap. Individual defensive players were also included (I have always preferred individual over team defense). Unfortunately, I cannot remember the site name - and I have not been able to relocate it....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to get a pay league up and running a few years ago. I had found a website that would allow you to create the team how you wanted. You could run any offensive strategy and defensive strategy and the fantasy points from your players would be adjusted to whatever style you played. You signed your players up to 3 years, and there was a salary cap. Individual defensive players were also included (I have always preferred individual over team defense). Unfortunately, I cannot remember the site name - and I have not been able to relocate it....

So I take it your good with making this league a money league.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I run a money league with my group of friends using the same Yahoo league that we all participated in this year.

My suggestion is we do the same if we decide to turn our SportsHoopla fantasy league into a money league. We will either appoint myself or Harold (or someone else trustworthy) to manage the cash pot.

Money can be transferred either in person (meet at a Seahawks game or bar/restaurant) or through Venmo/Paypal.

That person will hold on to the money throughout the fantasy year and then distribute the winnings accordingly once the fantasy season ends.

We could start small at $20 per person for a 10 person league.

After that we have two options

1) Winner takes all
- 1st place takes $200

2) 1st, 2nd and 3rd all get a share of the pot
- 1st = $120
- 2nd = $60
- 3rd = $20

Once we decide on all of that we could discuss possible changes to rules, positions, and scoring. @blstoker expressed an interest in individual defensive players. This year in my other league I played around with that and added one defensive player to the mix. It worked out pretty well so I'm open to expanding our league if there is interest in that as well.

Next year's fantasy season is still a ways away but it's good that we are getting the conversation going at least.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, you guys can have my money next year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something tells me if there is money involved you'll be much more involved.:thumb:

Hopefully this year our draft won't be during the middle of work meeting on the other side of town.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully this year our draft won't be during the middle of work meeting on the other side of town.

With it being a money league we'll make a much stronger effort to accommodate to everyone's schedule.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have an account - so if anyone's interested - I can set up a baseball league and we can take it through it's paces before football season (they have similar set ups, if not exact).

im in

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already have an account - so if anyone's interested - I can set up a baseball league and we can take it through it's paces before football season (they have similar set ups, if not exact).

Well, that didn't seem to have much interest. So, I guess I won't set up a league.