• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big XII media days

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bob Stoops is scheduled to speak at 10 A.M. Central time.

Stoops & Co. have arrived.

BtJ5ya8CEAAI0ta.jpg:large

Pictured (left to right): Julian Wilson, Chuka Ndulue, Trevor Knight

BtJ8JhBCQAE7fXJ.jpg:large

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like each one couldn't care less about the circus awaiting them.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess coat and tie are optional in the Big 12.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Art Briles on Jimbo Fisher/title game comments: “He needs to worry about the ACC… Don’t come to Texas telling me how to do my business.”

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting numbers from Big 12's Walt Anderson: In the FBS, there were 92 targeting penalties with 32 of those eventually overturned.

that is a big number

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When does Charlie Weiss roll in? :doh:

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jimbo Fisher plays in a basketball conference, with a rapist/stealing QB. The big 12 should be the least of his worries.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like Strong doesn't have much of a personality.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT was stupid. :L

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports Southwest did an anonymous survey of the players at the Big 12 Media Days

Big 12 players dish in media days anonymous survey | FOX Sports

Who is the Big 12's best team?
Oklahoma -- 56%
Baylor -- 39%
TCU -- 2.5%
Texas 2.5%

Which Big 12 school has the worst fans?
Kansas -- 40%
TCU -- 18%
Oklahoma State -- 14%
West Virginia -- 14%
Iowa State -- 7%
Texas -- 3.5%
Texas Tech -- 3.5%

Read it to see what else is said.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Patterson on the hot seat if TCU flames out again?

They have a lot of off-field problems its seems and without the "concealment" of 10 win seasons like in the MWC. (7-6, 4-8, etc.....)

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Patterson on the hot seat if TCU flames out again?

They have a lot of off-field problems its seems and without the "concealment" of 10 win seasons like in the MWC. (7-6, 4-8, etc.....)

Lost their best WR and the preseason all Big 12 DE. TCU is having problems competing, because of TCU. It will be interesting to see what they can do if they get out of their own way.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting....

Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury says he planned to put Baker Mayfield on scholarship last spring and family was aware at the time.

.................................................. .................................................. .....

Baker disagrees:

Jake Trotter: What was the reason that you decided to leave Texas Tech after being the starting quarterback to end the regular season?

Baker Mayfield: Well, a lot of things played into it. It was over time. When I got hurt [Week 5 at Kansas], there was no communication between me and my coach [Kingsbury]. When I got healthy, I didn’t know why I wasn’t playing right away. At that time, we were losing a couple games in a row. I was still clueless as to why I wasn’t playing. That was really frustrating for me because I started the first five games and we won. So, I just didn’t really know exactly what he was thinking or what the situation was. So that happened. And then going from a week-to-week basis not knowing whether I was going to play or not and how short the leash would be if I had an average half, how quickly I would be pulled or anything like that. It was making me uncomfortable, and I just didn’t want to be there anymore. I loved Lubbock and I loved my teammates. But going through that and then them tell me they’re still working on a scholarship for next fall, and I wouldn’t have one for this semester coming up. It was all that.

Trotter: So they told you they wouldn’t have a scholarship for you in the spring, either?

Mayfield: Exactly. They said they were still working on one for next fall.

Trotter: Was that the final straw for you?

Mayfield: I mean that was kinda leading up to it, yes. Then after the Texas game on Thanksgiving, the next week we went in, I was splitting second-team reps after starting on Thanksgiving. I still had no idea what was going on. I’d just had enough at that point.

Trotter: So after the Texas game, you were splitting second-teams behind Davis Webb?

Mayfield: Michael [Brewer] was going first. I don’t know if he [Kingsbury] did that by age, but there was no explanation for why he was doing it. Right when we started our first bowl practice, right before the practice, he [Kingsbury] said it was a straight-up competition and that was how they were going to determine the starting quarterback. I didn’t think that was really fair. I’m not one to be afraid of competition at all because I’ve gone through that my whole life at Lake Travis [Mayfield’s high school], too, and when I got to Tech. But I didn’t think that was fair because I had done my job when I had gotten the opportunity. I mean, I thought I needed more of a chance, and I wasn’t getting it. And they were splitting the reps equally so that was the last straw.

.................................................. .................................................. ................

Trotter: OK, so you decide to leave Tech, were there any other schools you looked at?

Mayfield: I mean, yes, there were. I got some calls from places Tech had to released me to, but I wasn’t that interested.

Trotter: Who were some of those schools?

Mayfield: East Carolina, Houston -- just some other schools that kinda talked to me back in high school, but nothing I was ever really interested in.

Trotter: So it seemed like OU was the one school you had in mind when you decided you were going to transfer, correct?

Mayfield: Yes. Out of high school, I applied to three schools right off the bat: Oklahoma, TCU and I think Tech was the third. But I didn’t really want to go to Tech until late in the spring of my senior year. Oklahoma and TCU were my first two options coming out of high school. That’s where I wanted to go. And I wasn’t going to give TCU another chance after they basically screwed my whole recruiting over from the start [TCU recruited Mayfield but never offered a scholarship]. So OU was where I’ve always wanted to go. I grew up an Oklahoma fan. I used to go to all the games watching a bunch of people who are in the NFL now.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting....

Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury says he planned to put Baker Mayfield on scholarship last spring and family was aware at the time.

.................................................. .................................................. .....

Baker disagrees:

Jake Trotter: What was the reason that you decided to leave Texas Tech after being the starting quarterback to end the regular season?

Baker Mayfield: Well, a lot of things played into it. It was over time. When I got hurt [Week 5 at Kansas], there was no communication between me and my coach [Kingsbury]. When I got healthy, I didn’t know why I wasn’t playing right away. At that time, we were losing a couple games in a row. I was still clueless as to why I wasn’t playing. That was really frustrating for me because I started the first five games and we won. So, I just didn’t really know exactly what he was thinking or what the situation was. So that happened. And then going from a week-to-week basis not knowing whether I was going to play or not and how short the leash would be if I had an average half, how quickly I would be pulled or anything like that. It was making me uncomfortable, and I just didn’t want to be there anymore. I loved Lubbock and I loved my teammates. But going through that and then them tell me they’re still working on a scholarship for next fall, and I wouldn’t have one for this semester coming up. It was all that.

Trotter: So they told you they wouldn’t have a scholarship for you in the spring, either?

Mayfield: Exactly. They said they were still working on one for next fall.

Trotter: Was that the final straw for you?

Mayfield: I mean that was kinda leading up to it, yes. Then after the Texas game on Thanksgiving, the next week we went in, I was splitting second-team reps after starting on Thanksgiving. I still had no idea what was going on. I’d just had enough at that point.

Trotter: So after the Texas game, you were splitting second-teams behind Davis Webb?

Mayfield: Michael [Brewer] was going first. I don’t know if he [Kingsbury] did that by age, but there was no explanation for why he was doing it. Right when we started our first bowl practice, right before the practice, he [Kingsbury] said it was a straight-up competition and that was how they were going to determine the starting quarterback. I didn’t think that was really fair. I’m not one to be afraid of competition at all because I’ve gone through that my whole life at Lake Travis [Mayfield’s high school], too, and when I got to Tech. But I didn’t think that was fair because I had done my job when I had gotten the opportunity. I mean, I thought I needed more of a chance, and I wasn’t getting it. And they were splitting the reps equally so that was the last straw.

.................................................. .................................................. ................

Trotter: OK, so you decide to leave Tech, were there any other schools you looked at?

Mayfield: I mean, yes, there were. I got some calls from places Tech had to released me to, but I wasn’t that interested.

Trotter: Who were some of those schools?

Mayfield: East Carolina, Houston -- just some other schools that kinda talked to me back in high school, but nothing I was ever really interested in.

Trotter: So it seemed like OU was the one school you had in mind when you decided you were going to transfer, correct?

Mayfield: Yes. Out of high school, I applied to three schools right off the bat: Oklahoma, TCU and I think Tech was the third. But I didn’t really want to go to Tech until late in the spring of my senior year. Oklahoma and TCU were my first two options coming out of high school. That’s where I wanted to go. And I wasn’t going to give TCU another chance after they basically screwed my whole recruiting over from the start [TCU recruited Mayfield but never offered a scholarship]. So OU was where I’ve always wanted to go. I grew up an Oklahoma fan. I used to go to all the games watching a bunch of people who are in the NFL now.

Well, I'm glad Kingsbury doesn't feel the need to talk to his QB's.
Mayfield looked like a really good Quarterback and I'm glad to have him.

:wtf2:is going on in Lubbock