• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big news! ANTETOKOUNMPO joins the Lakers roster!

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21yo Kostas Antetokounmpo, younger brother to Giannis was waived by the Mavericks and after he cleared waivers, he was claimed by the Lakers who won his contract...

https://sports.yahoo.com/lakers-ante...ugLeT58Qmz4k62

According to the CBA, after a player clears waivers, his contract can be claimed by any other NBA team but the team that has priority in adding him, is the one with the worst record...

Therefore Kostas ended to the Lakers after they claimed his contract!
So this cinches it, Lakers rule the West... :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. He's a project. If he turns into something, great.

If he doesn't, nothing lost.

Not sure why this needed a thread.
Buckalis is the OP... :dhd:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually, Kostas will end up with the Bucks later in this or in the next season... (but I guess we all knew that in the first place)...
Yeah, the Bucks could sign Kostas, like they did with his older brother, Thanasis. Then, just to complete the Quartet, they could sign his baby brother Alex too!

:lol:

Actually, from what I hear, Alex could be the brother that turnouts to be something special. Then again, who knows? :noidea:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that he will be restricted free agent next season... Unless he receives a Q.O for a regular contract this season and accepts it... (which I very much doubt he will)... Eventually, Kostas will end up with the Bucks later in this or in the next season... (but I guess we all knew that in the first place)...

If he's any good, he'll get a QO. If he's not, what does it matter?

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's any good, he'll get a QO. If he's not, what does it matter?

He goes to the Bucks either if he gets a QO or not... No matter the size of the QO, the Bucks will make an offer that the Lakers wouldn't want to match and then will compensate the amount in Giannis's next contract as to get it even...

I believe that it was Kidd that insisted for the Lakers to sign him... Kidd was responsible for Giannis' skills development and Kostas has very similar body and athleticism to Giannis... If he gets the same training as Giannis did, then Kostas can really step up...

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He goes to the Bucks either if he gets a QO or not... No matter the size of the QO, the Bucks will make an offer that the Lakers wouldn't want to match and then will compensate the amount in Giannis's next contract as to get it even...

lol

And then they'll sign his other 2 brothers Francis and Alexis and the Bucks will be the first team in history to start 5 brothers.

Of course, they will all be on team friendly contracts too.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe that it was Kidd that insisted for the Lakers to sign him... Kidd was responsible for Giannis' skills development and Kostas has very similar body and athleticism to Giannis... If he gets the same training as Giannis did, then Kostas can really step up...

Bucks need to have cap space to sign Kostas. They are already over the cap next year. Details, details.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucks need to have cap space to sign Kostas. They are already over the cap next year. Details, details.
Again, this is wrong... The Bucks will have two additional exceptions available for next season... One out of Brogdon's trade and another after releasing Ilyasova's contract... The cup space available will (again) be the lux tax roof (144M for next season) before the Bucks will be asked to pay any tax if they pass over it...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, this is wrong... The Bucks will have two additional exceptions available for next season... One out of Brogdon's trade and another after releasing Ilyasova's contract... The cup space available will (again) be the lux tax roof (144M for next season) before the Bucks will be asked to pay any tax if they pass over it...

You can't sign a player into a trade exception; it's for TRADES (and the only one they have is about $600K from the Snell trade). The MLE would be the only option. However, if the Lakers make the qualifying offer (only approx $1.5M), they have the right to match any offer. Kostas could play for the offer and be a free agent the following summer, but the Lakers would have control (if they want it) until that summer of 2021.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't sign a player into a trade exception; it's for TRADES (and the only one they have is about $600K from the Snell trade). The MLE would be the only option. However, if the Lakers make the qualifying offer (only approx $1.5M), they have the right to match any offer. Kostas could play for the offer and be a free agent the following summer, but the Lakers would have control (if they want it) until that summer of 2021.
You clearly misunderstood my post... The Bucks will have the cup space roof set at 144M for next season because of the exeptions... It doesn't mean that the trade exception (or part of it) will be used on Kostas... The MLE is more than enough for what ever Kostas may cost...

But there is always a possibility that Kostas will be signed to a regular contract later by the Lakers and then packed with other players and traded to the Bucks for Bledsoe... (possibly on a three team deal that will include Kuzma).

Bledsoe is managed by Clutch co. and therefore much wanted by the Lakers...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly misunderstood my post... The Bucks will have the cup space roof set at 144M for next season because of the exeptions... It doesn't mean that the trade exception (or part of it) will be used on Kostas... The MLE is more than enough for what ever Kostas may cost...

But there is always a possibility that Kostas will be signed to a regular contract later by the Lakers and then packed with other players and traded to the Bucks for Bledsoe... (possibly on a three team deal that will include Kuzma).

Bledsoe is managed by Clutch co. and therefore much wanted by the Lakers...

You've got to get this "every Klutch client to the Lakers" mentality out of your head. Why didn't Marcus Morris or Nerlens Noel sign with the Lakers? Why wouldn't they trade for Dejounte Murray? Why stop there? Bring in Dray and Simmons too. (Forget John Wall, his contract is atrocious). Bledsoe is overpaid and the Bucks problem, leave it at that. No way in HELL does Kuzma get traded for f'ing Bledsoe lol.

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've got to get this "every Klutch client to the Lakers" mentality out of your head. Why didn't Marcus Morris or Nerlens Noel sign with the Lakers? Why wouldn't they trade for Dejounte Murray? Why stop there? Bring in Dray and Simmons too. (Forget John Wall, his contract is atrocious). Bledsoe is overpaid and the Bucks problem, leave it at that. No way in HELL does Kuzma get traded for f'ing Bledsoe lol.

You know that they won't be asking for your opinion on a deal... don't you?

buckalis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it's the weed you have been smoking

:crazy:

Swing & a miss. Well you're clueless, which isn't surprising. I haven't smoked weed (marijuana) in more than a year. I've said that countless times in the past. But don't let that get in the way of your incorrect comment. Next time, get a clue.