• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 outlines A&M exit plan, A&M sends Dear John letter

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of breaking news, the story doesn't say much more than the thread title, but it's possibly a major move in the situation. One that was reportedly expected to happen this week.

Report: Texas A&M notifies Big 12 that it will leave conference - ESPN

Associated Press
COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- The New York Times is reporting Texas A&M has notified the Big 12 it will withdraw from the conference.

The newspaper reported on its website Monday night that Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin sent a letter to Missouri Chancellor and Big 12 board chairman Brady Deaton to inform the league it was leaving.

The New York Times story cited two unidentified college officials with direct knowledge of the decision.

Texas A&M said earlier Monday it had received a letter from Big 12 Commissioner Dan Beebe outlining the withdrawal procedure should the Aggies decide to leave the league.

Texas A&M's departure would cast doubt on the future of the Big 12 and could lead to more major changes to college athletics.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... maybe its not breaking news, apparentley it's been being reported for hours & I just saw an update.

Either way, A&M sure is confident that they'll get that vote. I'm not so sure, not unless their patner (#14) is pretty enough to bring to the ball. If you know what I'm sayin' :eyebrows:.