• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Big 12 has 6 teams ranked in the AP top 25

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Over half the teams are ranked in the AP top 25. I thought this conference was supposed to be a weaker conference after 2 teams (who have been irrelevant for over a decade now) left for other conferences?

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see where they end up, with the new schedule some are guaranteed a few losses.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lets see where they end up, with the new schedule some are guaranteed a few losses.

I'm just saying this was supposed to be a weaker conference, according to a bunch of message board posters. It's a shame this conference is going to breakup. It's always been the 2nd toughest conference behind the SEC during the BCS era.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if anything it shows why this conference should continue and just how stupid A&M is for wanting to leave such a solid conference.

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think if anything it shows why this conference should continue and just how stupid A&M is for wanting to leave such a solid conference.

Aggie has always had an inferiority complex and extreme penis envy. that will never change. Let them leave and go be Arkansas part 2.......

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

true, Neb and A&M suffered through some down years through most of the B12 years. OU and Tex were the only constants, and that made it look down. But with A&M and OSU coming on, and Neb starting to get their mojo back, it would be a conference that would make alot of waves.
But I understand, super conferences are a thing of the future, may as well get in on the ground floor.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Big12 was dead after Nebraska left. Texas A&M just hastened up the inevitable.

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How so? Their football program still isn't what it used to be and their basketball program is doing the CU death dance.

Name Quality. You lost a top 10 program all-time. Plus teams leaving your league kills your league. It showed the rest of the league and nation that the Big12 was a sinking ship.

Granted Missouri and Texas Tech have had better programs recently but Nebraska is coming back and they will always have that name. Other programs around the nation like Michigan, Tennessee, Georgia, USC will be back. The flavor of the months do not last long but the big-time programs always climb back to elite status.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over half the teams are ranked in the AP top 25. I thought this conference was supposed to be a weaker conference after 2 teams (who have been irrelevant for over a decade now) left for other conferences?

Until those teams split for 3 different conferences after this season...

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 was a good conference with competitive football, basketball and baseball. You have great QB, WR, and RB play from most of the teams in the conference, and every week you have a good game. I'm going to miss the natural rivals this league had. I"m not a fan of superconferences.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Big 12 was a good conference with competitive football, basketball and baseball. You have great QB, WR, and RB play from most of the teams in the conference, and every week you have a good game. I'm going to miss the natural rivals this league had. I"m not a fan of superconferences.

What's lost in all this noise about football is just how strong the Big 12 was in basketball, men and women. Yeah I know that football is the major sport but KU does quite well as a basketball school as shown by an earlier thread.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Whatever. We saw last summer what the future held. Texas showed up and held the conference hostage for a TV deal, and then when they got what they wanted they were cool with staying. But that opened the door and other jumped, while A&M was standing around thinking everything was good.

Won't happen again. Rather than sit around and wait for a dance partner, A&M went out and made a bid to be part of the best conference. Texas is the one to blame for this shakeup, no matter how any TU cow-pounders wants to spin it.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe if your president had some vision he would have accepted the deal 4 years ago and a@m/tex would have been splitting 500 million or more for the lonestar network and then ya'll wouldnt be crying so much about stuff that everyone in the conference knew about

TexasFight98VI

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
maybe if your president had some vision he would have accepted the deal 4 years ago and a@m/tex would have been splitting 500 million or more for the lonestar network and then ya'll wouldnt be crying so much about stuff that everyone in the conference knew about

Shhhh, Bone!!! Facts and logic have always evaded the tards in College Station........

LSUfanFloridaAlumni

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Big12 was a GREAT basketball conference. Yes, they didn't have a lot of Titles but they had several Final Four competitors and top programs.

Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and OSU all have historically strong programs. Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M have built strong programs recently. Iowa State use to have a strong program.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BS. A&M and Texas would have split the COST equally, while Texas was going to take 70/30 of the revenues.

Your buddy is correct...never let facts get in the way of a good story.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but dont forget a@m wasnt much 4 years ago so i can understand the split(60/40 might have been better) but texas would have been making the most for the network and it still doesnt change the fact that everyone knew about the tv network and then all of sudden everyone gets mad after its announced,,,,,everyone in the big 12 voted for individual networks over a big 12 network so dont start crying now

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but dont forget a@m wasnt much 4 years ago so i can understand the split(60/40 might have been better) but texas would have been making the most for the network and it still doesnt change the fact that everyone knew about the tv network and then all of sudden everyone gets mad after its announced,,,,,everyone in the big 12 voted for individual networks over a big 12 network so dont start crying now

Then split the cost 60/40. No one in their right mind puts in equal risk and gets out less than equal return. That original TV contract didn't have ESPN backing and would have cost each school money to get it onto a network. Like I said, no one in their right minds would pay equal money to get lesser returns.

And everyone in the conference didn't vote for TV networks that would show HS football games like that slimeball DeLOSS did. "Oh, that was ESPN's idea" BS. FOIA showed how full of crap that guy is. Oops, busted Dodds.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big12 was a GREAT basketball conference. Yes, they didn't have a lot of Titles but they had several Final Four competitors and top programs.

Kansas State, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and OSU all have historically strong programs. Baylor, Texas, Texas A&M have built strong programs recently. Iowa State use to have a strong program.

Oklahoma has more basketball history than all those teams you listed and has a decided head to head win series vs. all of them except Kansas.