• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Better matchup?

Better Matchup?

• Total voters

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama/Washington?
Clemson/Ohio State?

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both will be good games. Washington will give Alabama fits throwing the ball and their defensive scheme will probably be to pressure Jalen.

OSU/Clemson should be a good little shootout

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama/Washington?
Clemson/Ohio State?
Which will be a closer game? Probably Clemson OSU.
Both will be good games. Washington will give Alabama fits throwing the ball and their defensive scheme will probably be to pressure Jalen.

OSU/Clemson should be a good little shootout
I'm sure UW's plan on defense will be to take away the run, blitz, and force Bama to attack our secondary in one on one. It's what they do against strong running teams and/or teams with dual threat QB's. Are they big and fast enough to limit their offense? We are going to find out in almost a month. Not expecting them to win for sure, but hope they can at least make a good game of it.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which will be a closer game? Probably Clemson OSU.

I'm sure UW's plan on defense will be to take away the run, blitz, and force Bama to attack our secondary in one on one. It's what they do against strong running teams and/or teams with dual threat QB's. Are they big and fast enough to limit their offense? We are going to find out in almost a month. Not expecting them to win for sure, but hope they can at least make a good game of it.
Kiffin likes to start with sweeps and widening the field out to tire out the defense, then hits you with the run game in the second half. I'm still torn with this philosophy, but we are 13-0. I think Washington gives Bama a good game and it'll be closer than people think. Never count out Petersen, especially with nearly a month to prepare. But Saban also has a month to prepare so, should be a good game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin likes to start with sweeps and widening the field out to tire out the defense, then hits you with the run game in the second half. I'm still torn with this philosophy, but we are 13-0. I think Washington gives Bama a good game and it'll be closer than people think. Never count out Petersen, especially with nearly a month to prepare. But Saban also has a month to prepare so, should be a good game.
The only team that beat them did so attacking a couple of guys that were freshly in as injury replacements and attacked them right up the middle. UW has been strong on spread teams and teams going sideline to sideline. Not that worried about those sweeps and spread techniques.

It comes down to what football always comes down to. Will bama win the war in the trenches with their size? The answer is probably? :noidea:

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington gives us a good game..... 38-28 Alabama is my prediction.

I think Clemson handles tOSU....easily

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team that beat them did so attacking a couple of guys that were freshly in as injury replacements and attacked them right up the middle. UW has been strong on spread teams and teams going sideline to sideline. Not that worried about those sweeps and spread techniques.

It comes down to what football always comes down to. Will bama win the war in the trenches with their size? The answer is probably? :noidea:
Yeah I hate the sweeps and shit. Should be a good game

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Washington gives us a good game..... 38-28 Alabama is my prediction.

I think Clemson handles tOSU....easily
I think both defenses have a bit better day than that. Maybe more like 28-17 or so. UW isn't going to move the ball much if you get after Browning and I can't imagine how they are going to keep him protected in the pocket. Should break a few plays here and there and still get 2-3 scores from them, but that's about all I see.
Yeah I hate the sweeps and shit. Should be a good game
Hard to say at this point if Bama has the speed and blocking to burn UW on the edge, but no one else really has this year. I'm a lot more worried about straight up big boy blocking inside. UW is going to have to keep a safety down and that might not be enough alone. The loss of Victor at MLB was a real killer to that unit and so was Mathis who lead the Pac in sacks and pass rushing before he went out injured.

Right now I'm just happy as fuck to be there and simply hope they play the best game they can.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both defenses have a bit better day than that. Maybe more like 28-17 or so. UW isn't going to move the ball much if you get after Browning and I can't imagine how they are going to keep him protected in the pocket. Should break a few plays here and there and still get 2-3 scores from them, but that's about all I see.

Hard to say at this point if Bama has the speed and blocking to burn UW on the edge, but no one else really has this year. I'm a lot more worried about straight up big boy blocking inside. UW is going to have to keep a safety down and that might not be enough alone. The loss of Victor at MLB was a real killer to that unit and so was Mathis who lead the Pac in sacks and pass rushing before he went out injured.

Right now I'm just happy as fuck to be there and simply hope they play the best game they can.
Fucking Chris Peterson worries me, he may be the best big game underdog coach in CFB history

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, I haven't been a fan of Kiffin's game plans recently, but we are undefeated. As far speed goes vs Washington, Bama has a lot of it on the offense. Whether it is utilized correctly or not, well we will just have to wait and see. I don't think you guys have much to worry about because your coach always comes up with something and he'll do the same for Bama.

If our defense/special teams can get us a TD or two then its tough to beat Bama. But I just don't see this game being a blowout like some people do.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking Chris Peterson worries me, he may be the best big game underdog coach in CFB history
Problem is Browning is Heisman worthy when he has a clean pocket and really not that great under a lot of pressure and I think it's very unlikely he has the time to be great in that game. So it's down to our O line's ability to run block against all of those big ass fast dudes on your defense. You can't coach your line to suddenly gain 40lbs each and drop half a second off their 40y times. I like our defenses chances at slowing bama down, but I don't like our odds at moving the ball much.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This is my biggest worry with this game. I think we match up well with Washington, even with SDH and Eddie Jackson out. But Chris Petersen can game plan like no one else in these big time underdog games.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson knows the giant killer role pretty well. I think, Washington gives Alabama an exciting game but Bama ends up winning by 10-14.

Ohio State and Clemson I don't know what to expect. Both teams have been so up and down this year. If they both come out and play their best or their worst it will be a good and hard fought game. If one decides to play their best while the other plays bad, it will be a blowout.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a better coach in the game at planning than Saban is though. Sure, Petersen has done some crazy shit over the years in these games with a month to plan for, but against someone of Saban's caliber? I don't think either side is going to out coach the other. It's going to be quality of player.

UW has been vastly improving in recruiting and this coming class looks like it has a chance to be one of the best in school history. No doubt they will eventually have depth and talent all over the place. But this is a bit early on in the process and we have nowhere near the caliber of player that is up and down the roster of Alabama.

Sure, anything can happen and sometimes the less talented team wins. It's not impossible by any stretch, but if this game were played 10 times I'd give UW maybe a chance to win 3 of them? :noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington will test our secondary big time. I'm sure we'll play dime all night, which will make us extra thin back there. But hopefully our D-Line will dominate and keep the throws short and we are the favorite for obvious reasons.

Clemson vs Ohio St I don't really have a clue who will win.