• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better matchup for ND...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse Palmer says ND would rather play Bama? Bc they are more traditional offense--run the ball, and Georgia is a tougher matchup bc they have better passing offense and have more athletes to stop ND. Interesting...

I dont think either team is good matchup personally. It didnt look like they stopped Silas Redd too well, but they dont give up big plays in running game. But with Bama's great offensive line and RB depth it is not a normal rushing attack. And the passing game can have big plays...most importantly Bama limits their mistakes for the most part---so they are similiar to ND. To me ND is same KIND of team then Bama, but I think Bama is 10x better. I mean other then Oklahoma how many high powered offenses has ND seen like Bma's or UGAs. USC was starting freshmen, Stanford runs ball and that Freshmen hasnt gone off until late in season, Michigan was starting Dennard at QB not WR...not great offenses!

And Bama or Georgia are better defenses then any team they have played
too...Stanford and Mich St are best defenses ND has faced. Stanford is best.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has a better defense than Georgia. 'Bama has a high powered offense? They scored 21 on LSU and 24 on TAMU, and ND has a better defense than both.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent favored against either team. I think all the teams in the top 5 would be favored over ND.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has a better defense than Georgia. 'Bama has a high powered offense? They scored 21 on LSU and 24 on TAMU, and ND has a better defense than both.

Stanford and Georgia have similiar defenses, i will say Stanford is consistently better. But both Georgia and Bama are best offenses u will face not counting Oklahoma. LSU is a top defense and that 24 was basically a second half number, Manziel had ball whole 1st half and Bama struggled early. And ND gave up 20 to a shitty Pitt team in regulation.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They arent favored against either team. I think all the teams in the top 5 would be favored over ND.

The question was, who is better matchup for ND. I still pick Georgia as better matchup, but it will help after SEC Championship to see for sure.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford and Georgia have similiar defenses, i will say Stanford is consistently better. But both Georgia and Bama are best offenses u will face not counting Oklahoma. LSU is a top defense and that 24 was basically a second half number, Manziel had ball whole 1st half and Bama struggled early. And ND gave up 20 to a shitty Pitt team in regulation.

The highest amount of points we gave up in regulation the whole year.

Georgia's defense had one good game against Florida, they gave up 23 to buffalo, 20 to Mizzuo and Florida Atlantic, 35 to Scar, 44 to Tenn, and 24 to UK.

HowboutthemDAWGS

Biggest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stanford doesn't have the size, speed or talent of Georgia. There are about 6 or 7 1st round picks on UGA's defense.

I wouldn't say that Alabama has a high powered offense, they are only 5 spots ahead of ND (#48) in total offense (Bama #43), while UGA is #24.

I agree that ND has a great defense, particularly their run D, but their pass D is questionable. Which is one reason I would give UGA the edge.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I think it comes down to who has a better defense. I think ND will be fine on D regardless of who they play. Their D Line is dominant and they have the best linebacker in the country. It's not pure luck that ND has such a great redzone D and have had so many goalline stands. Their D line simply overpowers just about any O line they go up against.

The real question is which team can contain ND's run game and force Golson to beat them.

HowboutthemDAWGS

Biggest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Georgia's defense had one good game against Florida, they gave up 23 to buffalo, 20 to Mizzuo and Florida Atlantic, 35 to Scar, 44 to Tenn, and 24 to UK.

Junk time points, with the exception of USC and UT. At the beginning of the season UGA was missing a few defensive starters, if you doubt UGA's defensive ability then you haven'tbeen paying attention.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those are more of situations of you cant stop us so it doesnt matter how much you score. But yeah I was saying they are more inconsistent, thats why I said you would rather play them. Having said that Georgia probably has most talent of defense in the country ans they have great athletes, if they play their best game they can beat anyone in country.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford doesn't have the size, speed or talent of Georgia. There are about 6 or 7 1st round picks on UGA's defense.

I wouldn't say that Alabama has a high powered offense, they are only 5 spots ahead of ND (#48) in total offense (Bama #43), while UGA is #24.

I agree that ND has a great defense, particularly their run D, but their pass D is questionable. Which is one reason I would give UGA the edge.

Stats wise Bama isnt bc mostly they rest pple in 2nd half honestly. They were up 42 in Auburn game. And ended up 49, they could try to go for 70 like Big 12...but they run ball w/ 3rd string in 2nd half. Im not making excuses for them just saying, they have underrated offense compared on paper.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bama's experience in big games will make them a tougher opponent for ND. Other than that I believe Bama and Georgia are about the same.

NDHoosier101

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Junk time points,
with the exception of USC and UT
. At the beginning of the season UGA was missing a few defensive starters, if you doubt UGA's defensive ability then you haven'tbeen paying attention.

*And Kentucky.

I didn't bother checking any other box scores aside from FAU, but you gave up 14 of their 20 points in the first half, started junk time early I guess?

I have been paying attention, Georgia beat poor competition most of the year and got blown out in 1 of their 2 big games, I would love for ND to face them in the NC.

HowboutthemDAWGS

Biggest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically I think it comes down to who has a better defense. I think ND will be fine on D regardless of who they play. Their D Line is dominant and they have the best linebacker in the country. It's not pure luck that ND has such a great redzone D and have had so many goalline stands. Their D line simply overpowers just about any O line they go up against.

The real question is which team can contain ND's run game and force Golson to beat them.

Both UGA & Bama can control ND's run game. ND's run D and D-line are great, the question is their secondary (advantage UGA).

BTW, they have the best MLB in the Nation... not the best LB (Jarvis Jones [LOL]).

HowboutthemDAWGS

Biggest Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats wise Bama isnt bc mostly they rest pple in 2nd half honestly. They were up 42 in Auburn game. And ended up 49, they could try to go for 70 like Big 12...but they run ball w/ 3rd string in 2nd half. Im not making excuses for them just saying, they have underrated offense compared on paper.

Right, UGA did the same against Auburn (38-0). I saw players I had never seen before. LOL

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both UGA & Bama can control ND's run game. ND's run D and D-line are great, the question is their secondary (advantage UGA).

BTW, they have the best MLB in the Nation... not the best LB (Jarvis Jones [LOL]).

I cant see ND running on Georgia or Bama, so like you said comes down to pass or Goldston running. Secondary wise Georgia has slight adv over Bama and contain Goldston will not be a problem...Georgia, Bama, and I will add LSU, Florida are the fastest defenses in nation.

Now pressure wise have ro give to Bama and Mccarron has been there done that, Georgia has been in BCS bowls but not to this amount of pressure. And both coaches are great, but Saban is prepared in Big games and is almost flawless in NCG's. I still have to give Bama edge, bc that is most important the experience and the coach; Mccarron was also there last yr.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, UGA did the same against Auburn (38-0). I saw players I had never seen before. LOL

That was just an example, Auburn sucks. But Bama had more blowouts this yr then anybody (maybe Texas A&M). And everyone knows that!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bamas offensive numbers are waaaay off, and Ill tell you why...10 out of our 12 games we have played this year, our starting offense has been sitting the bench the whole 2nd half. you run the 1st hlf numbers of bamas offense against all the other teams in the 1st half and lets see where they stack u then. May not be a difference, but I think it will tell a different story!

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

damn, should have read the entire thread first, before making my post!

but good point sir!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stat wise Bama isnt bc mostly they rest pple in 2nd half honestly. They were up 42 in Auburn game. And ended up 49, they could try to go for 70 like Big 12...but they run ball w/ 3rd string in 2nd half. Im not making excuses for them just saying, they have underrated offense compared on paper.

^^^This

Bamas offensive numbers are waaaay off, and Ill tell you why...10 out of our 12 games we have played this year, our starting offense has been sitting the bench the whole 2nd half. you run the 1st hlf numbers of bamas offense against all the other teams in the 1st half and lets see where they stack u then. May not be a difference, but I think it will tell a different story!

^^^This