• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Better Call Saul

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh.... I disagree, sort of... Breaking Bad, and better Call saul I feel they both have the same view on humanity... that bad guys can be good, and good guys can be bad... In no way do I see Jimmy as a bad guy, he just does bad things... but he does seem to fight for the little man, as long as he is benefited... He did not ONLY go to elder law so he could take advantage of them, he saw he could help them too... more so than other lawyers who only care about the win... Even how he manipulated these women, I honestly think he thinks that this would help them more than waiting... Like he said, if you win the lottery, you should always take the lump sum... He is definitely a shit, but he does seem genuine in his want to help...
He has just been eating his own bullshit for so long, he doesn't realize it is shit anymore.

He us having SERIOUS financial problems. That is why he went back to Sandpiper. He wanted to see the status if his 20% stake. He saw that HHM was playing the long game (granted, nit necessarily the best strategy for their clients with Sandpiper) and saw that the offer on the table would solve all of his current financial issues. Taking the current deal vs holding out is nit good v bad. But taking the deal on the table benefited Jimmy, therefore, he was going to do whatever necessary to get there. I really don't think he took what was best for the geezers into account one way ir the other.

And I disagree that he went into elder care for altruistic means. Jimmy is a conman, and the foggiest are just easy marks. When he saw that there was another con going on, he recognized it and decided to go for the big buck by fighting the other con men instead. Not altruistic. Financial.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has just been eating his own bullshit for so long, he doesn't realize it is shit anymore.

He us having SERIOUS financial problems. That is why he went back to Sandpiper. He wanted to see the status if his 20% stake. He saw that HHM was playing the long game (granted, nit necessarily the best strategy for their clients with Sandpiper) and saw that the offer on the table would solve all of his current financial issues. Taking the current deal vs holding out is nit good v bad. But taking the deal on the table benefited Jimmy, therefore, he was going to do whatever necessary to get there. I really don't think he took what was best for the geezers into account one way ir the other.

And I disagree that he went into elder care for altruistic means. Jimmy is a conman, and the foggiest are just easy marks. When he saw that there was another con going on, he recognized it and decided to go for the big buck by fighting the other con men instead. Not altruistic. Financial.

I just don't see it as black and white as you do...

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you’re coming from. The ways Jimmy manipulated Irene’s walking group friends was pretty messed up. Jimmy would likely try to justify his behavior as necessary to help keep he and Kim afloat financially, but whatever altruistic motives might have lead Jimmy to practice Elder Law pretty much went out the window.

There are a few really great scenes to choose from last night’s episode, but the one that sticks with me is the scene where Nacho has to tell his dad that he’s working for Hector, and attempts to convince his dad to go along with whatever might happen with his dad’s business in the near-future. Good stuff. Even though it wasn’t really advertised at he end of last night’s episode, I think the season finale is up next. I can’t wait to see what gets wrapped up, and what loose ends are left for season four. For me, this is easily the best season so far.
While Jimmy is doing the class action stuff for selfish reasons, HHM is purposely dragging it out for profit. I call it a wash.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Jimmy is doing the class action stuff for selfish reasons, HHM is purposely dragging it out for profit. I call it a wash.
Totally agree. Both Jimmy AND HHM are playing it selfishly and have no regard for the welfare of their clients.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you guys see the episode 10 leak where Jimmy shoots Chuck in the head with a potato silenced gun? Totally like BB.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh.... I disagree, sort of... Breaking Bad, and better Call saul I feel they both have the same view on humanity... that bad guys can be good, and good guys can be bad... In no way do I see Jimmy as a bad guy, he just does bad things... but he does seem to fight for the little man, as long as he is benefited... He did not ONLY go to elder law so he could take advantage of them, he saw he could help them too... more so than other lawyers who only care about the win... Even how he manipulated these women, I honestly think he thinks that this would help them more than waiting... Like he said, if you win the lottery, you should always take the lump sum... He is definitely a shit, but he does seem genuine in his want to help...

Yep. This is what I was saying too. Yeah, he takes full advantage of Irene, but in his mind its justified, because if she were smart, she would have taken the offer. He's just doing what he has to do to get what's best for himself and her (and everyone at Sand Piper). It's a fasnicating mix of being bad for the right reasons.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Season 3 Finale tonight! Episode 10 "Lantern".

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... next season has to be Saul's official coming out.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure looks bad for Chuck.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it does.

What a terrible way to go about it...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing that since
they put up the National Suicide Prevention Hotline number up at the end of the episode, that this is going to stick.
That was my thought as well. However, TV may be a tad raw right now due to "13 Reasons"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on how they were talking on Talking Saul, it certainly seems it is real. No dumpster to hide under on BCS...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was my thought as well. However, TV may be a tad raw right now due to "13 Reasons"
I think that a part of next season will focus on
both Jimmy and Howard probably both feeling responsible for it for completely different reasons.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a part of next season will focus on
both Jimmy and Howard probably both feeling responsible for it for completely different reasons.
Jimmy, yes. I think Howard is self aware enough to realize that the McGill boys are both just BSC and he will just be glad to have wiped his hands clean of the both of them.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome finale. Jimmy has a heart after all, and Chuck turned out to be the truly evil one. Loved how his own dagger of a comment is what sent him off the cliff. What an epic meltdown for the ages. I imagine that losing Chuck to death, and losing his pay day in exchange for putting Irene back together with her friends is what will finally send Jimmy off of his own cliff - and fully transform him into Saul.

Very worried for Nacho now that Gus is keen to him. Don't want to see him die. Why did Gus save Hector (again)? The tension w Hector, Nacho and Nacho's dad is incredible.