• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best team in NFC?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the Eagles are below avg. Skins are not the best offensively or the best defensively but they're above avg on both offense and defense to make them a more complete team. Like I said before Dal is all offense, Vikes are all defense, Falcons are all offense, Seachickens are the closest to being a complete team. Redskins will most likely be 6-2 before they face the Vikes at home. Calling them average at best is the dumbest post of the year.
I think calling a Washington team that pretty handily beat by Dallas not that long ago "better than dallas" is pretty dumb, personally. It isn't like we need to compare stats, just compare head to head results this year.

You say Dallas has no defense and Washington does have offense. Well, results say otherwise.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but the team to beat looks like the Cowboys.....

Cowboys Patriots Superbowl?
Now that would be an explosion of arrogance.....

talk about everyone wanting a meteor to strike!

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is recent past is more relevant than ancient history. The 5>1 argument is true but Aikman, Smith and Dion would have grey beards if not for the hair dye.

Translation: "I'm going to make arbitrary calls about what history is allowed and what isn't in order to support my trollish comment that fell flat on its face".

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Translation: "I'm going to make arbitrary calls about what history is allowed and what isn't in order to support my trollish comment that fell flat on its face".
Nothing new, I've become accustomed to that way of thinking.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the Eagles are below avg. Skins are not the best offensively or the best defensively but they're above avg on both offense and defense to make them a more complete team. Like I said before Dal is all offense, Vikes are all defense, Falcons are all offense, Seachickens are the closest to being a complete team. Redskins will most likely be 6-2 before they face the Vikes at home. Calling them average at best is the dumbest post of the year.

The Eagles were never expected to figure in this equation before the season started. For them to even be in this discussion is a plus it means they are moving in the right direction. Yes a lot of us were drinking the Eagles Kool-Aid after the first 3 weeks. We have come back to reality but still happy about the progress of the team so far.

The fact that anyone would even suggest the Redskins belong in this discussion is laughable. I am sorry but the Skins are not even playoff contenders IMO. I am not sure where you get they are a complete team. Above average on defense? Before the Eagles padded their stats they were one of the worst defenses in the NFL, really bad against the run. After that game they still are ranked 22nd on defense that is not above average. I doubt they will be 6-2 before they face the Vikes. I actually think the Lions are going to beat them. They will more than likely get their asses handed to them by the Vikings. Looking at the schedule it is not crazy to suggest they could lose their next 4 games. I actually think they are going to lose 3 out of 4. They will beat the Bengals. Hell....I think they are going to go 1-5 over their next 6 games and come back to reality. They will lose to the Lions, Vikings, Cowboys, Packers and Cardinals.

They Vikings may be all defense but they are efficient on offense. They do put up 24 points a game. They don't get a lot of yards because they don't need to. They win the field position battle and do not have to have long drives.

The Cowboys going into the season were supposed to be SB contenders. Now I am still not completely sold on them just yet but offensively they seem to be unstoppable. Defensively I think they are suspect but they are IMO the #2 team in the NFC.

The Falcons may be all offense but they have a defense comparable to the Skins. The difference is the Skins suck at the run the Falcons suck against the pass. So if I had to choose against the two it is easily Falcons over Skins.

I would take the Seahawks over every team in the NFC except the Vikings and Cowboys. I could throw the Falcons in there considering they may have got robbed but that is open to interpretation.

Last edited:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...it remains what it is after all these years of Dallas being average to bad.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys going into the season were supposed to be SB contenders
everywhere but Dallas I guess.

How a team goes 4-12 with no defense and a hurt ageing QB was considered SB contenders is beyond me. I know Sunday morning of the first game this season, not one Dallas media head had Dallas playing in the NFC championship, most had them at 8-8. Where do you guys get this stuff?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - Minnesota (Reminds me so much of Denver 2015, its scary)
2 - Seattle (I wouldn't ever wanna face Russ Wilson, that guy is an assassin)
3 - Dallas (Im a huge believer in that duo)
4 - Arizona (Think we are seeing the beginning of a huge run for them)
5 - Giants (Fuck You)

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
everywhere but Dallas I guess.

How a team goes 4-12 with no defense and a hurt ageing QB was considered SB contenders is beyond me. I know Sunday morning of the first game this season, not one Dallas media head had Dallas playing in the NFC championship, most had them at 8-8. Where do you guys get this stuff?

It wasn't my reporting. I personally did not think they were contenders but it seems all the media outlets in the U.S. were drinking the Cowboys Kool Aid. I personally don't think they would win the SB with Romo as QB.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all the media outlets in the U.S. were drinking the Cowboys Kool Aid
really....all the media outlets in the U. S. you say. Dallas is in the U.S. and they didn't have Dallas anywhere near the SB

must be an NFC east thing or you're dean's cousin or something

fail

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It wasn't my reporting. I personally did not think they were contenders but it seems all the media outlets in the U.S. were drinking the Cowboys Kool Aid. I personally don't think they would win the SB with Romo as QB.
no problem....your philly fan card won't be revoked

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really....all the media outlets in the U. S. you say. Dallas is in the U.S. and they didn't have Dallas anywhere near the SB

must be an NFC east thing or you're dean's cousin or something

fail

I don't read the Dallas Morning news......My newpaper already has a comic section :10::lol:

And for the record I said Contenders not favorites. There is a difference.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the talk was with Romo Dallas should win the East, as for the SB I think most had Arizona, Green Bay, Seattle and Carolina as SB contenders. When Romo went down all Dallas playoff talk was taken off the table.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stuff like this changes a lot in the NFL, some times week to week. It seems like the best team is probably in the group of the current 1 loss or less teams, but last night the Cardinals looked a lot more like a playoff team. Health and QB play will probably combine to tell how this story will end in 3 months.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the talk was with Romo Dallas should win the East, as for the SB I think most had Arizona, Green Bay, Seattle and Carolina as SB contenders. When Romo went down all Dallas playoff talk was taken off the table.

True.......but I thought I saw somewhere that some expected the Cowboys to go deep in the playoffs. Now I could be wrong but I am positive I heard that somewhere. With that said.....I think the have better shot now. I swear Zeke is making them a juggernaught.

TeddyJackEddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings till proved otherwise.
The Cowboys
Seattle
Atlanta
One of those could take the lead at some point this season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love to say Seattle, but I just don't think they've played well enough this year to get the nod. The start to this season feels a lot like last year, despite the 4-1 record. That said, I'd have to lean Vikings and Cowboys....