• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BEST ROOKIE WR?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavon Austin
Cordarrell Patterson
Justin Hunter

How would u rank them?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tavon Austin
Cordarrell Patterson
Justin Hunter

How would u rank them?

Patterson and Hunter are likely irrelevant this year. Austin by default.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both NE rookies will be better than Patterson and Hunter.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both NE wrs or at least one will be very productive. For my money well you know I have Tavon far ahead of most wrs and that includes non rookies. But I think Cordarrell will be a hugely productive rookie wr. I mean this guy will need to be double teamed. So one of two things are going to happen here. 1. He gets single covered and he wins that all day or 2. him and Jennings cause defenses to stop having 8 guys in the box and AP will get his 2500 yards? Maybe AP sees that cause why would he make such a crazy statement saying he thinks 2,500 yards is reachable. Maybe it is.

Jennings has said, "one day I will be able to tell my grand kids I played football with Cordarrell Patterson". That's pretty high praise especially when you consider that Jennings is also playing football with an all ready established legend in AP.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that both NE wrs or at least one will be very productive. For my money well you know I have Tavon far ahead of most wrs and that includes non rookies. But I think Cordarrell will be a hugely productive rookie wr. I mean this guy will need to be double teamed. So one of two things are going to happen here. 1. He gets single covered and he wins that all day or 2. him and Jennings cause defenses to stop having 8 guys in the box and AP will get his 2500 yards? Maybe AP sees that cause why would he make such a crazy statement saying he thinks 2,500 yards is reachable. Maybe it is.

Jennings has said, "one day I will be able to tell my grand kids I played football with Cordarrell Patterson". That's pretty high praise especially when you consider that Jennings is also playing football with an all ready established legend in AP.

Long term, Patterson could be great.

There are 2 huge problems though.

1) he is very raw as a route runner and he lacks football IQ that is necessary for NFL WRs to succeed. He will improve in these areas quickly, but this is why most rookie WRs struggle. Patterson is not a very polished prospect. You would be much better served drafting him in keeper leagues or waiting until 2014 in redrafts.

2) Ponder is horrible.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about him learning the play book as well as what you listed T bujt i think they will make thing easy for him to get his hands on the ball

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am worried about him learning the play book as well as what you listed T bujt i think they will make thing easy for him to get his hands on the ball

They will get him the ball for sure. He is going to return kicks and they will likely try to get him a couple touches a game within the offense while he learns. Expecting anything more than what Randall Cobb delivered 2 seasons ago might set you up for disappointment, however. Those stats aren't very useful in a standard fantasy league.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2) Ponder is horrible.

This is the only statement needed. Patterson is no Harvin and he has Jennings, Rudolph and a not so bad running game ahead of him. He'll have a couple of games, but on fantasy radars in seasonal leagues he should not be, IMO. Although Hunter is a great talent, it will take injury/Britt meltdown to gain significant playing time, at which point he has Locker throwing him the ball... I took him in our DEEP sleeper, double suicide or whatever we call it draft and I regret it.

My money's on Dobson or a guy we've never heard of, like this Kenbrell Thompkins, (who you guys are talking about), or someone I can't name because I've actually never heard of him.

Banking on third and fourth options for a bottom five QB is probably not a winning strategy.

.... but to answer your question, I would rank them how you have them.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A guy I wouldn't sleep on, he may be too far down the pecking order, but Terrance Williams on the Cowboys. Guy has a ton of talent and could be the beneficiary of being the odd man out in coverage schemes against the Boys. Obviously the go to guys in the passing game will be Miles/Dez/Witten, so Williams may be able to sneak by some teams.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Woods could make a solid rookie contribution as well.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering Miles Austin is only healthy for about 4 games a year, Terrance Williams will be a good late late pick.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Dobson.

Without Hernandez and Lloyd, Brady will be looking for other targets. And if it any QB can make a rookie look good it's Brady.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy-wise, Dobson has a decent shot. Not only does he have Brady throwing him the ball, but Brady will need him. He will start from day one, he will get looks, and if he has the skill (I think he does), he has a better situation than any other rookie to put up numbers.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I agree Dobson makes a lot of sence what with all the fuys out and Amendola probably will go down as well. But it's a keeper league and not sure how many years Brady has left so Id rather have Tavon or Cordarrell

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Tavon Austin
2 .Deandre Hopkins

SLeeper Rookie WR: Kenbrell Thompkins (NE) ive heard he looked good in OTA's and Beginning of camp, a name to keep an eye on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet who Belichick gets to replace Brady is better than either of them have throwing to them.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tavon austin, dobson, hopkins, williams, and bryce from detriot.. i think he has a good shot to get multiple looks megs will get doubled a lot leaving him open.. decent hands iffy on routes from what i heard.. mabe rob can shed some light on him, think he follows the lions pretty close