• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best rivalry in sports????

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a bit of MLB Network last night during the preview of the Yanks/BoSox series when John Smoltz said that this was easily the best rivalry in all sports

In all sports????? Really??

Agree or disagree

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching a bit of MLB Network last night during the preview of the Yanks/BoSox series when John Smoltz said that this was easily the best rivalry in all sports

Agree or disagree
Disagree. I think the best rivalry in sports fluctuates over time. Yankees/Red Sox isn't "much watch television" on a national level right now. Due to the young talent on each roster, it could become that again, but as of this moment it's not.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Yankees did not kill some trees then it is the Iron Bowl.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my bucket list has the Army/Navy game on it.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my bucket list has the Army/Navy game on it.
When to one when my brother was a Midshipman. Very cool historical rivalry. Obviously doesn't have the impact it once did, due to the fact that neither school is going to compete for a national title anymore.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a rivalry most mainstream sports fans don't consider: USA Women's Hockey vs. Canada Women's Hockey.

Literally every single year it's USA vs. Canada in the World Championships (and Olympics every four). The games between the two are always highly contested and sometimes overly physical. Each team builds their team and trains relentlessly to specifically beat the other.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree or disagree

Historically, yes.

Right now, not so much.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only in historical terms. The present ain't too bad even if the faces are too fresh for a national audience to care.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When to one when my brother was a Midshipman. Very cool historical rivalry. Obviously doesn't have the impact it once did, due to the fact that neither school is going to compete for a national title anymore.

I think that if a berth in the playoff hung in the balance, this is the one rivalry that would not be more intense for the players. Add that to the class and sportsmanship showed by both teams and this is an example that all rivals should strive to achieve. There is nothing like having respect for a team that you want to crush every year. The playing of the alma maters, prisoner exchange and the best pageantry in all of sports, the march on. Thank your brother from an old bubblehead, please.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a rivalry most mainstream sports fans don't consider: USA Women's Hockey vs. Canada Women's Hockey.

Literally every single year it's USA vs. Canada in the World Championships (and Olympics every four). The games between the two are always highly contested and sometimes overly physical. Each team builds their team and trains relentlessly to specifically beat the other.

if we are going there, Than Real Madrid/Barcelona, or Man United/Man City are up there

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best rivalry in sports has to be a college football game to me. Because they only play once a year and every single game is huge in significance. All other sports, good rivals play usually multiple times a year and even if it's only one the significance of a single game in the standings isn't typically too much. College football has it all as far as rivalry significance. Having said that, I'm not sure which is necessarily the best college football rivalry, but I'd lean toward saying Ohio State and Michigan.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are going there, Than Real Madrid/Barcelona, or Man United/Man City are up there
Absolutely. El Clasico and the Manchester Derby are awesome, especially right now. Also add in Celtic vs Rangers which is well known in the football world as being one of the most violent/political/historical rivalries.

I will say, historically, I lean towards Liverpool vs Man U. Man City is just recently becoming a consistent threat

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree or disagree

Historically, probably.
I don't even like baseball, but I hate the Yankees.
Beyond that, I hate almost everything about NYC, because of the Yankees.
Even the state, to some extent, is how much I hate the Yankees.
I won't even order NY style pizza.
I won't visit the statue of Liberty because It's in NY.
I will not take flights that stop over in NY.

The overwhelming majority of people I've met from NY are great people. The best.

Let me be clear. The best.

Except the Yankee fans.

But...my environment during my formative years...I am a biased, bigoted, discriminating person towards almost everything NY.

Because I hate the Yankees.
And I don't even like baseball.

At least they have the Jets.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's baseball so I don't think it can be the biggest rivalry. Plus, the Red Sox are losers, their fans are losers, they are all jealous of NY and the Yankees and they all suck moose cock...so there's that...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, probably.

The overwhelming majority of people I've met from NY are great people. The best.

Except the Yankee fans.

But...my environment during my formative years...I am a biased, bigoted, discriminating person towards almost everything NY.

If all you met is Mets fans, the people from NY youve met

Suck

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's baseball so I don't think it can be the biggest rivalry. Plus, the Red Sox are losers, their fans are losers, they are all jealous of NY and the Yankees and they all suck moose cock...so there's that...

Fantastic stuff

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Historically, probably.

Except the Yankee fans.

don't mince words brother, how do you really feel?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree or disagree
no. best in baseball maybe...but its been grossly watered down over the past decade with them playing so often.

habs/bruins to me takes the cake. one of the oldest in all of sports. 2 languages. 2 cultures, not far from each other geographically. so much fucking history....

there have been games where the cops have been called and criminal investigations into checks (chara)

i can also name a few more non boston ones like cubs/cards etc

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish all flights out of Boston would stop flying over NY

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. best in baseball maybe...but its been grossly watered down over the past decade with them playing so often.

habs/bruins to me takes the cake. one of the oldest in all of sports. 2 languages. 2 cultures, not far from each other geographically. so much fucking history....

there have been games where the cops have been called and criminal investigations into checks (chara)

i can also name a few more non boston ones like cubs/cards etc

Yeah, but no one cares about hockey