• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BEST possible line ups for the "Play-off" challenge

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know SFDN started a similar thread but this one is for the whole play offs and you lose your players as their team gets eliminated. What's your best line up in the following format.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
WR
TE
K
DEF

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Peyton Manning
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Marshawn lynch
WR Demarious Thomas
WR Eric Decker
WR Crabtree
TE Julius Thomas
SEA D

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kicker - Denver's Kicker

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opps I guess this thread was not a good idea considering we are going to be competing soon, lol.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're talking the ESPN playoff challenge, you will have a salary cap. So you won't be able to afford ALL of the top players at each position.

Also, it isn't quite the same as FF. You get 2 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR and then 1 TE, K & D/ST.

Even if you could get the top players it doesn't always work out for the best.

Looking at the data from last season now. Joe Flacco was the best QB in week 1 (tied with Russell Wilson) Better than Rodgers and Schaub. In fact, Flacco was the best QB for a couple of playoff weeks. Anquan Boldin was by far the best WR in week 1. Not many picked either of them. And Frank Gore tore it up too. I'm sure with Ray Rice, Ridley, and Lynch to choose from, it might have seemed crazy to go with Gore instead.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For the NFL.com challenge I picking just Seahawks and Broncos, because you get more points for each playoff game that your player plays in.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Peyton Manning
RB Jamaal Charles
RB Marshawn lynch
WR Demarious Thomas
WR Eric Decker
WR Crabtree
TE Julius Thomas
SEA D

Way to many 1st round byes to make up for in that one. Especially given the playoff history of Manning, which will filter to all those Broncos. That home field could very well end up being a disadvantage when it comes to Manning outdoors, in the cold/wibd/snow of Denver in January. Would definitely not be my pick of QB, nor would any of the Bronco WR's--not If your stuck with one team throughout the playoff season.

I would take a much more balanced approach, no more than 2 players from any one team. And be very limited on players who have a first round bye.
Foles/Brees
Charles,/McCoy, Mathews/Ball
K. Allen, DJAX/Cooper, Colston, and must importantly, RANDALL COBB!
VD- don't forget how they unleashed V'S full potential in the playoffs the previous couple of seasons.
Def-SF/SEA

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So week 1 you get a big fat zero? Guess that's one way to go!

But double for all of their points next week. It's a little extreme to go all bye week players, I think...but a couple of prudent choices might come in very handy down the road.

Now, if anyone knows exactly which teams will be in the Super Bowl...:nod:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well sure the double points, which I want aware of until I read the posts on TLance's thread, but how many times do we see those sure fire SB teams lose in round 2? Never been a fan of too many eggs in one basket