• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Movie of All Time: D (closed)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Too bad. One of my all-time favorites.
I wasnt trying to imply that I was surprised it made based on merit, just that it was out of the top 5 the whole time, and I was surprised it squeaked in.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these polls often mix up what is "The Best" vs "Favorites" Often two different things even if they're somewhat related. That's how you get, oh let's say for example, any Adam Sandler movie on a list of best movies.. :) I can see one of them being a favorite of many people but it's hard to see how any of them could ever get close to being considered a best movie of anything.

It's probably best not to take them too seriously.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think these polls often mix up what is "The Best" vs "Favorites" Often two different things even if they're somewhat related. That's how you get, oh let's say for example, any Adam Sandler movie on a list of best movies.. :) I can see one of them being a favorite of many people but it's hard to see how any of them could ever get close to being considered a best movie of anything.

It's probably best not to take them too seriously.
I like that everyone gets to apply their own criteria to what gets included.

What is "the Best"? The best screenplay? The best editing? The best acting? The best feeling you get when watching? The most memorable?

Critics and movie-goers view movies completely differently. I respect both sides (I enjoyed the artistic aspects of Birdman, but was not a huge fan of the movie itself), but the next person may see it differently (could care less about the art, but was just entertained by the movie).

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that everyone gets to apply their own criteria to what gets included.

What is "the Best"? The best screenplay? The best editing? The best acting? The best feeling you get when watching? The most memorable?

Critics and movie-goers view movies completely differently. I respect both sides (I enjoyed the artistic aspects of Birdman, but was not a huge fan of the movie itself), but the next person may see it differently (could care less about the art, but was just entertained by the movie).

Actually, there was not one single redeeming factor in Birdman from my perspective...