• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchup for week 13

who ya got??

• Total voters

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a WHOLE LOTTA over achieving. I thought they were probably an 11 win team before the season

Yes it was. Sort of like when Atlanta made it to the Super Bowl.....

That happens 50% of the time from the NFC South bunch.....

Except for NO and TB who managed to do it right when they got there just once.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC vs. ATL this is probably the best match up. Both teams have been playing well. Both teams fighting for a better seeding come playoff time.
Having said that there is a slew of good games this week. Good week for watching football. Most areas of the country will have good games to watch.
If any of you are in pools that use the spread good luck. This is a tough week. The hoop pick 7 was rough. My 15 game confidence pool was tougher. I won last week :yes: My other pool using the spread was insane.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC vs. ATL this is probably the best match up. Both teams have been playing well. Both teams fighting for a better seeding come playoff time.
Having said that there is a slew of good games this week. Good week for watching football. Most areas of the country will have good games to watch.
If any of you are in pools that use the spread good luck. This is a tough week. The hoop pick 7 was rough. My 15 game confidence pool was tougher. I won last week :yes: My other pool using the spread was insane.

If you're in a weekly spread pool or do the online thing, you have a bigger pair than me.

Especially this week...the only game I like is OAK -3, maybe not as much but SF +1.5, BAL has trouble scoring and MIA has a solid DL. I wouldn't touch it, but I can see BAL covering 3.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're in a weekly spread pool or do the online thing, you have a bigger pair than me.

Especially this week...the only game I like is OAK -3, maybe not as much but SF +1.5, BAL has trouble scoring and MIA has a solid DL. I wouldn't touch it, but I can see BAL covering 3.

I never pick against the spread.

However, I'm doing very well just picking winners. 121-56 this year.

Kicking my son's ass..... For a change....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never pick against the spread.

However, I'm doing very well just picking winners. 121-56 this year.

Kicking my son's ass..... For a change....

LOL...sounds like dad might be rubbing his nose in a little?

I'm averaging about 71% on the smaller 7 game sample just winners, but the spread would eat me alive. One of my golf buddies has been trying to get me in their spread pool...$20 a week...I said, nah, I'm happy taking your $20 a bucks a week on the course...lol

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...sounds like dad might be rubbing his nose in a little?

I'm averaging about 71% on the smaller 7 game sample just winners, but the spread would eat me alive. One of my golf buddies has been trying to get me in their spread pool...$20 a week...I said, nah, I'm happy taking your $20 a bucks a week on the course...lol

I never play for coin. Any pool I go in is just for fun.

As for golf, I once fluked out a hole in one and got hounded by a bunch of guys who said I had to by drinks.

They went home thirsty....

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never play for coin. Any pool I go in is just for fun.

As for golf, I once fluked out a hole in one and got hounded by a bunch of guys who said I had to by drinks.

They went home thirsty....

Same for me...these days. I was in a confidence pool for about 5 yrs...$20 a week...actually did well, but the organizer moved and I wanted no parts of handling the money.

Golf...you stiffed them them!! Although it does seem like the hole in 1 should have a reward, buying drinks seems like punishment. I've never had one.

I always have a stake on the round, but for me, the $ value is not that important...the guy I play a lot with started this $20 a round thing and I've tried more than once to drop it down to a $1...but he insists and now he's down about $180 bucks with golf weather starting to wane.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Weekly spread with about 70 players. You have to pick every game that week. This week is tough. The other pool has about 50 players and is strictly a cofidence pool no spread, straight up and that's still tough (especially) this week. This week rank from 15 to 1 based on how confident you are. Each pays a weekly winner and top 3 at the end of the year.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weekly spread with about 70 players. You have to pick every game that week. This week is tough. The other pool has about 50 players and is strictly a cofidence pool no spread, straight up and that's still tough (especially) this week. This week rank from 15 to 1 based on how confident you are. Each pays a weekly winner and top 3 at the end of the year.

Wow...those are huge pools by my standards, that's flatout work to organize that...back when I worked in corp in NY and when had like 3000 people in the office we had pools like that....200-300 in the CBB March madness...crazy...now 10-15 people is a lot!

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow...those are huge pools by my standards, that's flatout work to organize that...back when I worked in corp in NY and when had like 3000 people in the office we had pools like that....200-300 in the CBB March madness...crazy...now 10-15 people is a lot!

I was saying to chf that I put our picks in a pool with some of the Ex-Hockey Mafia boys from FanNation.

I'm 9 up on #2 and 16 up on my son...

There are only 10 of us in it so it's cozy....

I went to ESPN where their "Experts" make their picks. The best there is 111-66.... My 121 winners looks pretty good.

If I put a plugged nickel on it, I'd be closer to 21 than 121....

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN Experts is an oxymoron

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was saying to chf that I put our picks in a pool with some of the Ex-Hockey Mafia boys from FanNation.

I'm 9 up on #2 and 16 up on my son...

There are only 10 of us in it so it's cozy....

I went to ESPN where their "Experts" make their picks. The best there is 111-66.... My 121 winners looks pretty good.

If I put a plugged nickel on it, I'd be closer to 21 than 121....
There is no such thing as ex mafia. Once you're in, you're in for life! Not that I know ANYTHING about that!!!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep makes for a nice pay day. I usually start off strong minimum top 5 in both. Then I go thru a lull and have to play catch up to finish top 3. Currently 8th in one and 6th in the other.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst matchup.

49ers @ Bears.
Entertaining? No. Good teams? No. But would you bet money on either one? No. That's not a "good matchup" but the result isn't predictable. I think the Niners can play better than the Bears but might not. Bears are at home, but I don't know if that means much here.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Entertaining? No. Good teams? No. But would you bet money on either one? No. That's not a "good matchup" but the result isn't predictable. I think the Niners can play better than the Bears but might not. Bears are at home, but I don't know if that means much here.

In a confidence league I gave this one a "1". Mainly because I have no idea.