• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best matchup for week 12

who ya got?

• Total voters

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but I was still a bit surprised to see that line considering Romo still has some rust to knock off coming back from injury. I don't think anybody should expect that Romo will be at his Pro Bowl level day 1 from returning from injury. In fact I would say at least 3 games would be the minimum before somebody should expect that.
IMO it's not a matter of whether Romo is playing at a Pro Bowl level, it's a matter of how much better than Weeden and Cassel he is even when he isn't 100%. They were within a touchdown of winning in 5 of their losses. It's not like they were being blown out...they just couldn't finish.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO it's not a matter of whether Romo is playing at a Pro Bowl level, it's a matter of how much better than Weeden and Cassel he is even when he isn't 100%. They were within a touchdown of winning in 5 of their losses. It's not like they were being blown out...they just couldn't finish.

Good point. I do think if Romo is in during those games could chance they win at least 4 of those. He is definitely worth at least a touchdown a game compared to those other QB's. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys win by any means. I just think Carolina is proving more and more that they are a legit threat for the Super Bowl this year. They have the formula of great all around defense and a strong running game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that but I was still a bit surprised to see that line considering Romo still has some rust to knock off coming back from injury. I don't think anybody should expect that Romo will be at his Pro Bowl level day 1 from returning from injury. In fact I would say at least 3 games would be the minimum before somebody should expect that.

Given that the lines are really there to move money...enticement for the pro CAR people to buck up.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was ugly last week sir.

This is pretty simple now though...the QB has to play better...Hankerson imo is not better than Douglas...okay I get it now about Roddy...he's better vs zone now than m-t-m. This Hardy kid needs to break thru.
Ryan has been struggling for most of the season. It's a shame too because a lot of the games we have lost were winnable. I don't think Hankerson was ever supposed to be a long-term replacement for Douglas. Hankerson is just in there because Hardy isn't polished enough to take his snaps yet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Given that the lines are really there to move money...enticement for the pro CAR people to buck up.

Good point just because Vegas put the odds there it definitely doesn't mean they think Carolina will lose. More just trying to get money flowing.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I do think if Romo is in during those games could chance they win at least 4 of those. He is definitely worth at least a touchdown a game compared to those other QB's. It wouldn't surprise me to see the Cowboys win by any means. I just think Carolina is proving more and more that they are a legit threat for the Super Bowl this year. They have the formula of great all around defense and a strong running game.
Based on how everyone is playing thus far the only NFC team I can see beating Carolina in the playoffs is the Cardinals.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ryan has been struggling for most of the season. It's a shame too because a lot of the games we have lost were winnable. I don't think Hankerson was ever supposed to be a long-term replacement for Douglas. Hankerson is just in there because Hardy isn't polished enough to take his snaps yet.

I'm not sure what it is, but Ryan really has struggled a lot this year...in the presser he did (had no choice really) take the heat on the pick 6...he said the check down to Dimarco should have been the read if the LB did not blitz...all on him.

The point about HD was...they felt like he wasn't a good fit...I'm not sure what that means since they both played in the slot...I just think he was a more reliable WR3....they seem to like Hardy a lot so I'm sure we'll see more of him next yr.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure what it is, but Ryan really has struggled a lot this year...in the presser he did (had no choice really) take the heat on the pick 6...he said the check down to Dimarco should have been the read if the LB did not blitz...all on him.

The point about HD was...they felt like he wasn't a good fit...I'm not sure what that means since they both played in the slot...I just think he was a more reliable WR3....they seem to like Hardy a lot so I'm sure we'll see more of him next yr.
I think that is code for "we're not going to pay you X even if you deserve it and we know you will not accept our offer of Y". The funny thing is we probably would've been better off cutting ties with Roddy than with Douglas which the fans probably would've hated.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is code for "we're not going to pay you X even if you deserve it and we know you will not accept our offer of Y". The funny thing is we probably would've been better off cutting ties with Roddy than with Douglas which the fans probably would've hated.

Probably so, but the Falcons were not really hurting cap wise and HD was one of the 1st releases...Unless you're a big name, I just think they wanted people they knew which is typical in the NFL...yep, in hindsight, slicing Roddy probably was the best way to go...The way I'm looking at this is, Rome wasn't built in a day.

It's a little perplexing that the troubles have been more OFC than DEF based on what we saw the last 4 or 5 yrs...Quinn is realizing the front 4 is not good enough to get pressure yet...Beasley and Clayborne lead 4 guys with 2 sacks each and a total of 12, but they are getting the QB to get rid of the ball and getting off the field so it's working.

The OFC...protect the ball better and keep the balance somewhat reasonable...I said 10-6 when they were 6-0...I'm not so sure now...2 with CAR, NO, they probably beat them, Bucs in FL? idk but I say yes for now, @ JAX...yes,...they will have to beat MIN this week or win one of the CAR games to get 10 wins now.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going Pit @ Sea. Both teams trending up. Definite playoff ramifications for both teams.
NE @Den would've been my first choice if the Pats were anywhere close to being healthy.
Scratching my head why no one has picked the Giants @ WA, not

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably so, but the Falcons were not really hurting cap wise and HD was one of the 1st releases...Unless you're a big name, I just think they wanted people they knew which is typical in the NFL...yep, in hindsight, slicing Roddy probably was the best way to go...The way I'm looking at this is, Rome wasn't built in a day.

It's a little perplexing that the troubles have been more OFC than DEF based on what we saw the last 4 or 5 yrs...Quinn is realizing the front 4 is not good enough to get pressure yet...Beasley and Clayborne lead 4 guys with 2 sacks each and a total of 12, but they are getting the QB to get rid of the ball and getting off the field so it's working.

The OFC...protect the ball better and keep the balance somewhat reasonable...I said 10-6 when they were 6-0...I'm not so sure now...2 with CAR, NO, they probably beat them, Bucs in FL? idk but I say yes for now, @ JAX...yes,...they will have to beat MIN this week or win one of the CAR games to get 10 wins now.
I know right? Atlanta has gotten more running production than they could have ever dreamed of this season yet the passing game is holding them back even when Julio is one the leading receivers in the game. Ryan was getting better and better each year then suddenly this year he totally shit the bed. At the end of the day you kind of have to put the meltdown on him...there have just been too many turnovers.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost to Carolina then beat SF and that's trending up?
Did you mean the Cards? They lost to Car in week 6. Regardless Losing to AZ or Car is nothing to be ashamed of. As much as I hate saying this; seattle has been looking better and need to be taken seriously.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean the Cards? They lost to Car in week 6. Regardless Losing to AZ or Car is nothing to be ashamed of. As much as I hate saying this; seattle has been looking better and need to be taken seriously.

Sorry, brain fart....

I meant Arizona.

Pitt beats them this weekend like a red headed step child.

Trend away all you want.

They have beaten nobody.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, brain fart....

I meant Arizona.

Pitt beats them this weekend like a red headed step child.

Trend away all you want.

They have beaten nobody.
Personally, it wouldn't break my heart to see Pit go into their house and put a whippin on them.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parlay that with a Patriot win and I'll be all kinds of happy.

That part goes unsaid.

In the big 3 games I most assuredly want Dallas, Pittsburgh and New England.

Dallas because I've never seen a real miracle and don't expect to.

Pittsburgh because they aren't Seattle.

And the Pats just fucking because.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panthers Cowboys and for the first time in my life, I am a cowboy fan this week.