• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Late Night Host

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is the best of the current crop?

Who is the best ever?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently, I have to say Craig Ferguson. Dude is fucking hilarious.

All time, I am not sure anyone can compete with Johnny. He had the skits, the monologue, and the best sidekick.

However, when Ferguson is gone, I may be OK putting him at the top. Too bad he is leaving.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer to both is "Not Jimmy Fallon"

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Johnny.

But have you guys seen Ferguson? He really is hilarious.

And yeah. Fallon is painful. Seth sucks too.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun fact about Carson, he started out writing jokes for Red Skelton, if you ever get a chance look up some of the videos on YouTube of Carson and Skelton together, definitely worthwhile.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craig Ferguson is my current fave too. I honestly lol while I watch his show. Used to be Letterman, but he's been playin out the string for awhile. The fire went out, was out, by the time he got back from that heart deal. Can't blame him.

And I agree Johnny is GOAT.

Fallon has a lot of Johnny in 'im though, IMO. Similar silliness, several generations removed. (I've only watched him on the Tonight Show a couple times.)

But early Conan was a thing of beauty. (Much like his years on the Simpsons). In The Year 2000, If They Made It, Masterbating Bear..... Good, cheap laughs.

Last edited by a moderator:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson is leaving his show!?! What will Geoff and Secretariet do?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ferguson is leaving his show!?! What will Geoff and Secretariet do?

Yeah. He is done next month.

Totally bummed, because I also literally LOL when I watch him. Not sure his act would play on the larger, earlier slot, though, so I like that he was never corrupted with a bigger show.

And Geoff is the best sidekick ever. Sorry Ed.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conan is my favorite, still.

Letterman is awful

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. He is done next month.

Totally bummed, because I also literally LOL when I watch him. Not sure his act would play on the larger, earlier slot, though, so I like that he was never corrupted with a bigger show.

And Geoff is the best sidekick ever. Sorry Ed.

That's a BIGTIME bummer. He has was hilarious from the start and has steadily improved.

Geoff is so awesome. When they first introduced him it was a little weird. Hahahaha. But they really tinkered enough that the show wouldn't be the same without him. So many joke options for a robot skeleton sidekick.

With you on the early slot not being an option for him. (All the OhhLalala's). It was the same thing with Conan. Things didn't play to the bigger, more mainstream audience. And Joel Goddard didn't come with. And that weirdo was a big part of the show.

What's Ferguson going to do next? I know he somewhat tours, missed him when he was local a couple months ago because of a wedding. But that seems like a step back for him to do it full time.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conan is my favorite, still.

Letterman is awful

You either got Letterman's "brilliance" or you didn't. Me? I despise him. Never laughed once. My Dad forced me to watch that dumb shit for years. He fell off the couch every time Letterman did the velcro jump and I got sick of him telling me that was comic genius. Dude is a dumb goofball.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You either got Letterman's "brilliance" or you didn't. Me? I despise him. Never laughed once. My Dad forced me to watch that dumb shit for years. He fell off the couch every time Letterman did the velcro jump and I got sick of him telling me that was comic genius. Dude is a dumb goofball.

NBC-Letterman was pretty effing funny.

CBS-Letterman was a pompous ass.

Leno was a good, safe, vanilla host. He was no Carson, but he was a billion times better than Jimmy.

Arseneo was pretty good in the 90s. He sucks now.

Connan was OK, but I was never a huge fan.

Craig Kilborne was pretty funny, but he just didn't have the desire to stick it out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a BIGTIME bummer. He has was hilarious from the start and has steadily improved.

Geoff is so awesome. When they first introduced him it was a little weird. Hahahaha. But they really tinkered enough that the show wouldn't be the same without him. So many joke options for a robot skeleton sidekick.

With you on the early slot not being an option for him. (All the OhhLalala's). It was the same thing with Conan. Things didn't play to the bigger, more mainstream audience. And Joel Goddard didn't come with. And that weirdo was a big part of the show.

What's Ferguson going to do next? I know he somewhat tours, missed him when he was local a couple months ago because of a wedding. But that seems like a step back for him to do it full time.

A GAY robot skeleton sidekick!!

Get it right!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Current- Conan

GOAT- Johnny