• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best conference?

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, it's the great coaches that are willing to jeopardize games early in an effort to get their teams playing team ball. I would be more interested in top 50 wins that come after January 1 as opposed to the wins that the now losing team homers are citing as something that makes their team look better and them feel better. Virginia, Louisville and North Carolina all had stupid loses early against teams they can now easily beat. That's just good coaching by people who are just a little better at what they do than the rest.

i judge the season as a whole. the games in November mean just as much as the games in early march. yes teams obviously get better or worse as the season goes on but i don't buy that Virginia or Louisville would easily beat anybody they lost to earlier this yr. cutting the season into a smaller sample size is a way for homers to make excuses for losses. when looking at the strength of conferences u have to look at ooc. almost all of ooc games take place before January 1st. so u want to judge how good teams are by playing 9-13 teams. watching 3 teams in a conference beat up on the rest of conference doesn't tell me much

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet the big 12 has more wins over the top 50 in the rpi with 2 less teams

True. I was reading into your "great OOC" as meaning great wins. Top 50 wins are good wins IMO but not great. Iowa beat Xavier and OSU beat NDSU. Both those are top 50 wins and I wouldnt call either of them GREAT wins you know???

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i judge the season as a whole. the games in November mean just as much as the games in early march. yes teams obviously get better or worse as the season goes on but i don't buy that Virginia or Louisville would easily beat anybody they lost to earlier this yr. cutting the season into a smaller sample size is a way for homers to make excuses for losses. when looking at the strength of conferences u have to look at ooc. almost all of ooc games take place before January 1st. so u want to judge how good teams are by playing 9-13 teams. watching 3 teams in a conference beat up on the rest of conference doesn't tell me much

Certainly agree with what's in bold and as I mentioned in an earlier thread, it would make more sense for OOC games be spread throughout the year. No reason teams have to stay in conference at the end of the year. It would certainly enhance viewer appreciation. As it is now with teams from some conferences laying losses on each other; it's difficult to know it these teams are getting better or the entire conference is just plain shitty, or great.

Virginia lost to Tennessee by 35 points in December. I would not argue with a Virginia fan regarding that team's ability to beat Tennessee at this time. I'm printing this while Tennessee is 23 p;oints ahead of Vandy at Half....LOL

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt man. OSU is getting a bad rap IMO. The hit a terrible stretch but their resume itself is still wayyy more tourney worthy than most teams a lot of people have solidly in as of now.

They did lose 7 in a row, and looked bad doing it. But they seem to have rebounded a bit.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did Mich beat Arizona? :scratch:

I wasn't listing OOC wins, I was just pointing out how, contrary to SEC football schools, B1G basketball schools tend to schedule tougher competition in non-conference play. UNC didn't beat UNC or Georgetown either.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People hate on the Pac-12 cuz they're scared.

Pac-12 FTW!

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the bracket forecasters have the Big 12 getting 7 bids to March Madness. That would be wild, 70% of a conference getting to the playoffs.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw the Pac-12 is projected to get more teams in the tourney than the AAC. So ha.

OH no; the Big10 homers state they are "head and shoulders"...."far better" than any other conference; so I guess that means Pac-12 as well.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH no; the Big10 homers state they are "head and shoulders"...."far better" than any other conference; so I guess that means Pac-12 as well.

Never said the Pac-12 was the best. Its funny that some people think they are terrible though. Currently projected to get 6 teams in the tournament and Oregon is one of the first four out.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the Pac-12 was the best. Its funny that some people think they are terrible though. Currently projected to get 6 teams in the tournament and Oregon is one of the first four out.

I think the ACC is by a small margin strongest and you can throw a blanket over the Pac12, Big10, Big12 and pull one out and it could be anyone. I do agree from top to bottom the SEC comes up short....that said, Tennessee can beat anyone when they are hot and Kentucky is the same way along with Florida that is consistently a great defensive team who's offense is getting better.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State lost to the mighty Penn State .....TWICE!!!!.Have a nice day. LOL

What does that have to do with the conference as a whole. GL playing in the tourney virtually playing nobody. :laugh3:

Rough competition there

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People hate on the Pac-12 cuz they're scared.

Pac-12 FTW!

I only hate on the Pac12 during football season... I actually like their basketball.

Grew up watching Zona, UCLA, etc. as a kid which has some impact.

To me, as a young player basketball allows you to connect more with individuals and less on the team. Some of those teams out west like Zona, Loyola, UNLV, etc. were great to watch even though I was an east coast kid. Some players just had me in awe back then.

Even now as an adult, I play NBA 2k14 with my kids on the PS4... they choose all the current teams / players... I will always go back to Chicago in 91 or Detroit in 89... etc. The emotions I feel when playing that take me back 25 years... almost euphoric.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think thehttp://sportshoopla.urecipescom.netdna-cdn.com/images/editor/separator.gif ACC is by a small margin strongest and you can throw a blanket over the Pac12, Big10, Big12 and pull one out and it could be anyone. I do agree from top to bottom the SEC comes up short....that said, Tennessee can beat anyone when they are hot and Kentucky is the same way along with Florida that is consistently a great defensive team who's offense is getting better.

Actually, one of the scarier teams in the SEC of late is Arkansas... they are making a push and will likely make the big dance. They should have won 4-5 more games this year but blew it at the buzzer... Florida included.

They still have the issue where they play like a top 10 team at home, but struggle on the road....however maybe that win @ Kentucky was enough to push them over the top.

I personally would rather play Wisky who we lost to than Arkansas who we beat if I had my choice come march.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, one of the scarier teams in the SEC of late is Arkansas... they are making a push and will likely make the big dance. They should have won 4-5 more games this year but blew it at the buzzer... Florida included.

They still have the issue where they play like a top 10 team at home, but struggle on the road....however maybe that win @ Kentucky was enough to push them over the top.

I personally would rather play Wisky who we lost to than Arkansas who we beat if I had my choice come march.

I definitely would rather play Wisconsin than Arkansas. We match up so well against Wisconsin....besides, we owe them, LOL. Not that it matters, Billy D. got his message across and the team responded. At any rate, they love a slow down game and we would never have that. We are just too quick and physical for that team. Their big men are good shooters; just too slow. Strangely enough, Michigan state could be trouble as their big men are really big and can run. Michigan is also a tough bunch as they are good inside and have 2 guys that are lights out from the 3 point line.

Playing South Carolina last night was a hoot. They were on a roll since beating Kentucky and Fraizer held us in the first half and our speed and physical play killed them the 2nd half. At any rate, those two gigantic Lithuanians they recruited were a handful early. FSU is built the same way; two foreigners, 7-3 and 7-1 and both can play.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if you are watching tonight... Miss @ Ark... Arkansas is up 82-41 with almost 14 mins left in the game. Crazy.... they are on pace to score 120 if this keeps up... and they are completely routing Ole Miss.

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AAC or ACC... B1G and Big 12 are second tier imo..

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely would rather play Wisconsin than Arkansas. We match up so well against Wisconsin....besides, we owe them, LOL. Not that it matters, Billy D. got his message across and the team responded. At any rate, they love a slow down game and we would never have that. We are just too quick and physical for that team. Their big men are good shooters; just too slow. Strangely enough, Michigan state could be trouble as their big men are really big and can run. Michigan is also a tough bunch as they are good inside and have 2 guys that are lights out from the 3 point line.

Playing South Carolina last night was a hoot. They were on a roll since beating Kentucky and Fraizer held us in the first half and our speed and physical play killed them the 2nd half. At any rate, those two gigantic Lithuanians they recruited were a handful early. FSU is built the same way; two foreigners, 7-3 and 7-1 and both can play.

Come on... Get real Rune. LOL. Thats like me saying Id rather have Iowa play Florida than Tennessee.