• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best 3-Film Run by a Director

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sixth Sense was an excellent movie. No one I knew that saw it in the theaters saw it coming.

People who figured out Sixth Sense astound me, so I tend to hang on their every word, hoping to glean some wisdom from their next thought.... - said nobody ever

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People who figured out Sixth Sense astound me, so I tend to hang on their every word, hoping to glean some wisdom from their next thought.... - said nobody ever

LOL.

There are times when a big twist really isn't surprising. Like the end of Usual Suspects. It wasn't so much that you needed to be a rocket scientist to figure it out but they basically killed all the other characters off so by the time they kill off Gabriel Byrne you really don't have a lot of choices. It was still a well done twist but I never understood why people were shocked by this.

IMO, the Sixth Sense was a great twist because there was no reason to believe that there would be some huge twist at the end. It could have just as easily played out without the twist and still been an interesting movie.