• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals /Ravens realistic premonitions

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bengals lose by 19. Give up 250+ yrds rushing. Burrow has a TD and 2 interceptions

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be interesting...looking at the stats - Bmore's defense has been nearly as bad as the Bengals in terms of YPG given up (315.3 to 326.8). Bmore has given up 257.5 passing yards per game, which is 4th to last in the NFL - and would bode well for the Bengals passing game that looks like it is finally back on track (3rd in DVOA offense). Where they excel is at the run, #1 in the NFL at just 57.8 YPG - but is that because teams can pass all over them? I don't know. Bengals passing YPG is actually just 11th in the NFL at 181.3 per game - but is that because they are 7th to last in the NFL against the run at 145.5 per game? I think we'll find out.

The big thing here is Bmore is giving up 22 PPG and Bengals 26 PPG, so through 4 games, basically just 1 more pt per game.

It's funny because not only on defense are these teams complete opposites at what they've been allowing teams to do, or not do (statistically speaking of course) but it's the same on offense...Bmore's passing game is 16th in the NFL at just 209 YPG while the Bengals is 6th at 236. Of course Bmore is leading the NFL in rushing per game at 220.3 to the Bengals 102 - but hey....they are at #23 which is a far cry from where this team has been the past few years. They are actually above 100 YPG at 102.3 and have shown some life in the run game with last week - will Taylor stick with it, or will he do what he's done in the past and follow up a really good/balanced game with a 80/20 pass-run split even if the run game looks like it is working?

This is going to be a really fun game to watch because there are just so many contrasting styles.

If I had to pick - I'm leaning Bmore here because of how well they run the ball and just how bad Cincinnati's run defense is, and lack of ability to pressure the QB. Until everyone on the DL gets back healthy - it's going to be really hard to assess just how bad the DL really is - but at this moment, it likely couldn't stop several of us at RB from picking up 2-3 yards a pop - let a lone Henry and Jackson.

I think it'll be close because Burrow seems like he's back on track and the offense looks good - but ultimately, I think Bmore can grind its way through the defense and do just enough to keep the offense from the Bengals off the field....27-24 with the Ravens grinding out the clock at the end to secure the victory...if I had to guess...