• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals 2024 Schedule

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 against the Chiefs in KC. We better be ready to play week 1 this year. No more preseason games lasting until week 4 of the regular season or we will be FUBAR'd I am sure.

Ravens play the Chiefs in week 1.
Browns play the Cowboys week 1 with Brady in his first announcing game for Fox.

So the Browns and Ravens are playing non-division foes week 1. However, I can see the Bengals and Steelers playing week 1 against each other, with the Browns and Ravens playing each other in week 2, as the Bengals and Steelers move on to the west in KC and another opponent.

Guesses on week 1 opponent?

My guess is we play the Steelers in Cincinnati week 1 at 1pm on Sunday.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see that is left.. I can see Steelers vs Bengals on SNF Week 1. The other best option available is Houston vs Detroit. The NFC East which has dominated Week 1 SNF doesn't really have much left to provide unless they stick NYG vs WAS up there. Or we get something goofy like Charges vs Broncos.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I see that is left.. I can see Steelers vs Bengals on SNF Week 1. The other best option available is Houston vs Detroit. The NFC East which has dominated Week 1 SNF doesn't really have much left to provide unless they stick NYG vs WAS up there. Or we get something goofy like Charges vs Broncos.
Don't sleep on them putting the Giants/Commanders in that spot. Nobody likes it, but the network does it anyway.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Rams-Lions. Steelers are playing Falcons Week 1. I expect us to be at home and the t teams left are Commanders, Patriots, or Raiders.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Rams-Lions. Steelers are playing Falcons Week 1. I expect us to be at home and the t teams left are Commanders, Patriots, or Raiders.
Should be a huge favorite over any of the three.... Week 1 doesn't always go according to plan though.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 8 is 430 against Philly, Week 9 is Raiders.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll assume it's right given the track record, but I don't understand the network's appeal for Bengals/Giants on SNF.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll assume it's right given the track record, but I don't understand the network's appeal for Bengals/Giants on SNF.
Maybe because of the size of the market in NY. Trying to give them a game with a team that people seem to gravitate to, because Burrow and the Bengals while not exactly world beaters like the Chiefs, they are a hot commodity. Could push ratings pretty high, especially if the Giants can get out to a hot start.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because of the size of the market in NY. Trying to give them a game with a team that people seem to gravitate to, because Burrow and the Bengals while not exactly world beaters like the Chiefs, they are a hot commodity. Could push ratings pretty high, especially if the Giants can get out to a hot start.
I get the market thing. The Giants get at least 5 primetime games scheduled every year. They have the fanbase and they have the NY market. I also get that the Bengals have appeal nationally due to Burrow and Chase..... People playing fantasy football probably have a lot at stake with Bengals football. But, in general, I like SNF games to be in-conference and I really like divisonal games. I still think of SNF as the top game of the week and AFC/NFC games just don't have as much appeal unless both teams are legit SB contenders. I believe the Bengals are a contender, but I don't think the Giants are a contender.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add on..... I wish they made Thursday night games between NFC/AFC when possible. In the long run, these games mean less for tie-breakers. And Thursday is a shit show. I'm still pissed that our game against Baltimore was a Thursday night game last year. It' just not fair to the teams.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To add on..... I wish they made Thursday night games between NFC/AFC when possible. In the long run, these games mean less for tie-breakers. And Thursday is a shit show. I'm still pissed that our game against Baltimore was a Thursday night game last year. It' just not fair to the teams.
You aren't going to get your wish.. so far a majority of them leaked are divisional.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday games should only be played coming off a Bye Week.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May not mean a ton, or it could mean a lot depending on how well things adjust and when you play them:

opponents w/ new head coaches, offensive coordinators/defensive coordinators6 HC9 OC8 DC

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just add a 2nd BYE week, extend the season and get this done. Should be simple. It would screw up fantasy playoffs though.
I don't care much about the impact to FF, though I realize it would have to be considered by the league since it is such a huge draw/deal.

I haven't played Fantasy Football in going on 7 or 8 years now...I don't miss it, honestly. I was pretty good, usually finishing top 3 in my league...but trying to keep up with it all and enjoy the games became not worth it as I found myself frustrated even when a team I rooted for won because my player didn't score. I was in probably 2-3 leagues outside of my friends, and just decided one year to give it up. Haven't missed it for a moment - and I've found I enjoy the games again.

Not sure if this would be a bargaining chip for the players - but the league is going to push for 18 games, and a 2nd bye week is the likely concession...though it should come with this caveat: TNF is only followed by teams coming off a bye. Asking these guys to do what they do on Sunday and turn around and play on Thursday sucks...and the product shows it. NFL doesn't care because people still watch (Though I have found myself not watching nearly as much unless it's the Bengals).

Long story short, too late I know, I agree. This should be a simple deal.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just add a 2nd BYE week, extend the season and get this done. Should be simple. It would screw up fantasy playoffs though.
They had 2 bye weeks years ago.... The league went away from it because they felt each week was watered down a little. But they had 2 less teams and I would argue that football is more important now than it was 20 years ago. Same thing for Labor Day weekend. The league used to start on Labor Day weekend but went away from it due to worries about TV on a holiday weekend. I think the NFL is bigger than Labor Day - Go back to it and give teams 2 bye weeks.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't going to get your wish.. so far a majority of them leaked are divisional.
I know. And I get it. They are divisional because divisional rivals tend to be geographically close to one another. That minimizes the impact of time-zones on TNF games. And I know it's not changing - But I just don't like it. I think we can all agree that Thursday night games are weird for most teams. Sometimes that 'weird' factor plays in your favor and other times it does not. I just don't like it for division games given their importance.