• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Watson tore his Achilles

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My hope is that Sr is a 3rd down only WR.

Don't blame you...gotta love his heart, but coming off 2 major injuries...especially an Achilles at his age? What's up with Perriman? I hear he is expecting to go wk 1.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aiken is a good young player...this has to be his year to go over 1k...Smith Sr cannot be the leading WR this season and the Ravens go over 9 wins.

Idk I think they lose 7 or 8 games.
@Jac
Was(or Phi)
@NYG
@NYJ
one of Pit
@Dal
@NE
@Cin

The bold are toss-ups. I think jets win week 1 against Cincinatti they lose to Baltimore. I think they lose at least one of NYJ and Dallas.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't blame you...gotta love his heart, but coming off 2 major injuries...especially an Achilles at his age? What's up with Perriman? I hear he is expecting to go wk 1.

Does he even have a starting role? This is Smith's last year, I do not see them limiting him when he clearly will not want it.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't say anything. Too much fear of jinxing actually seeing the kid on the field. Hopefully he'll see snaps Thursday night.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he even have a starting role? This is Smith's last year, I do not see them limiting him when he clearly will not want it.

No. The starters are pretty clearly Aiken and Wallace (they prefer 2 TEs). Smith, Campanaro and hopefully the kid whose name I refuse to say will see reps as well.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He just came off pup about a week or so ago...Harbaugh will give him some chances to make plays no doubt, but I don't see him being the threat he's been in the past...I would think it would be Aiken WR1 and Wallace WR2 at this point and Smith in the slot or WR3 with them working Perriman in slowly.

Calm

What say there fuzzy britches, feel like talkin'?
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was signed as insurance in case Pitta couldn't make it back to the field, but Pitta did and injured a finger in a fight with rookie Correa about 10 days ago, he'll be ready for the opener....
Looks like the Saints knew what they were doing when they cut Watson, no one touched him and he tore his achilles, he's done.....Dixon has a knee sprain because he was fighting a crowd trying to get in the end zone and got his leg bent awkward by Gnata, nothing to do with training....I do think that's why we went to real grass this yr, so they have explored the reason for all the injuries last yr.....
I think it was just a freak thing, and Watson was mainly here for vet leadership and red zone presence.....
We managed 30 points without him last night, so not too concerned....I don't really know why, but I just didn't like the guy for some reason....

That's kinda weird IMO. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that people would dislike for no reason.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a blow at that position because of the depth already mentioned, but the FO doesn't trust Pitta to stay healthy all season...bottom line.

Good to heat the Ravens went to a grass field...maybe the Steelers will fell more at home there now...lol.

Oh crap, I didn't think of that....Siri, get me Harbs on the phone right away...

Batman-Shocked-Face-Meme.jpg

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kinda weird IMO. He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that people would dislike for no reason.

I don't know myself, he seems to be a high character guy, a Christian man, and a good athlete....Although obviously on his last leg, no pun intended....Haven't you ever seen someone you just didn't particularly like for no apparent reason ?...
It's just one of those kind of things, I guess.....

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four other TEs on that team. I don't think Watson is all that. Flacco has Smith, Aiken, and Wallace to throw to.

The tight ends were never the problem. It's the shitty QB that dooms them.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't recall there being any posts using injuries as an excuse? But please continue on with your trolling.
:kermit:

P.S.
I'd rather protest and have a rule changed than to blatantly ignore it and have to deal with the whole planet putting an asterisk next to my QB & my team for the remainder of creation. But that's just me.
Well then you didn't read the posts from last year.
Yeah when the Ravens cheat it's not cheating right?
Thanks for playing but you can leave now.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead & prove your point then. I was here & I don't remember anything like that being said.
And you're wrong on your second statement also.

So please produce your evidence of the above statements. Isn't that what you're all about? The evidence to go with the accusations of your own team? Then go for it, buddy. Bring forth your exhibits & close your case.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go ahead & prove your point then. I was here & I don't remember anything like that being said.
And you're wrong on your second statement also.

So please produce your evidence of the above statements. Isn't that what you're all about? The evidence to go with the accusations of your own team? Then go for it, buddy. Bring forth your exhibits & close your case.

You only joined in December though of last year. Most of the explosion came from a guy called Tgann who used injuries as an excuse of why his team was failing and when people called him on it and other things he kind of freaked out and left the site.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only joined in December though of last year. Most of the explosion came from a guy called Tgann who used injuries as an excuse of why his team was failing and when people called him on it and other things he kind of freaked out and left the site.

This is what happens when peoples' reactions to one poster are applied to an entire fan base.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every team has cheaters. If that means you can't say anything about other teams' cheaters when it is relevant, then nobody could say shit about any other team's player ever.

You just like to deflect when the focus is on the team you root for.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when peoples' reactions to one poster are applied to an entire fan base.

Which is why I called out Tgann and not the rest of the fan base. Didn't want to lump you all together. Now I could be wrong but I do think I have seen OS say a few times this off season that injuries were a bit part of why the team ended with the record they did. I could be wrong and not really willing to go back and look but seems I remember having that conversation with him this off season and why he now feels like this season they will bounce back so much getting those guys back.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I called out Tgann and not the rest of the fan base. Didn't want to lump you all together. Now I could be wrong but I do think I have seen OS say a few times this off season that injuries were a bit part of why the team ended with the record they did. I could be wrong and not really willing to go back and look but seems I remember having that conversation with him this off season and why he now feels like this season they will bounce back so much getting those guys back.

My point is that you feel you have to explain Tgann to another Ravens' poster and that shouldn't be the case. You are, in effect, defending NW's dbag post.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that you feel you have to explain Tgann to another Ravens' poster and that shouldn't be the case. You are, in effect, defending NW's dbag post.

I guess if you want to take it that way. What I thought I was doing was explaining how NW could arrive at that conclusion because well Tgann did try to use injuries to explain away why the Ravens were having a terrible season even before some of the big name players went down later in the year. He was telling me just a few weeks into the season that I should be watching out because a couple of the injured players for the Ravens were going to come back and then they were going to take off and dominate the league.

So am I not supposed to tell the truth of what happened last year? Are you saying that Tgann didn't do the things that I said? I guess I'm lost on how stating a fact of what happened last year is defending NW. In fact I thought I was defending the Ravens fan base by pointing out that it was mostly one poster that was saying those things not the entire fan base. At least that was what I was trying to do.