• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons has played his last college basketball game.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't meet their academic requirements. Rumor is he's majoring in Peanut Butter and Jelly with a minor in Natty Light at LSU.

Vandy is like the Stanford of the SEC....

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,086.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck did Jay Cutler get in at Vandy? :lol:

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers are lucky enough to get the #1 pick... I'm leaning Ingram. Not only does Simmons have major questions about his game, but his attitude/mentality is starting to scare me a bit too. Not even to mention a horrible fit for the Lakers roster.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He played for an SEC school. No one's even heard of him and I predict he goes undrafted or transfers to Iowa." - @rmilia1

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He could have been great. In the Big Ten." - you know who

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Fan....Id take the Duke kid over him all day every day

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. Given how poor the draft class is this year, he'll probably be right at the top of the draft...maybe top 5 at worst.

The thing is he isn't that good and severely lacks any kind of shooting game...could benefit from a few more years in college, but i can't blame a guy for taking the money. Probably the smart financial move.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Fan....Id take the Duke kid over him all day every day

Brandon Ingram needs about another 60 pounds on him, but he has tons of potential. But I believe Simmons will make a better pro player. He has all the tools. I just hate he wasted them on this season at LSU.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Ingram needs about another 60 pounds on him, but he has tons of potential. But I believe Simmons will make a better pro player. He has all the tools. I just hate he wasted them on this season at LSU.

Yeah Ingram needs to put on some weight, but his skills translate well to the next level because he doesnt have a glaring weakness to his game, like Simmons' inability to consistently make an outside shot

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Ingram needs to put on some weight, but his skills translate well to the next level because he doesnt have a glaring weakness to his game, like Simmons' inability to consistently make an outside shot

Yeah, I get your point. But a lot of that has to do with the system LSU plays within and his teammates. Coach K puts Ingram in a position to shoot a lot of threes along with the freedom to take them. If he were at a school like LSU they would have him playing with his back to the basket a great deal more, much like Simmons has had to do.

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HammerDown

Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising. Given how poor the draft class is this year, he'll probably be right at the top of the draft...maybe top 5 at worst.

The thing is he isn't that good and severely lacks any kind of shooting game...could benefit from a few more years in college, but i can't blame a guy for taking the money. Probably the smart financial move.

It's going to be very interesting to see who gets him and how they develop him.

I'd also be interested to know what the agent has him doing right now. California camp for bigs?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers are lucky enough to get the #1 pick... I'm leaning Ingram. Not only does Simmons have major questions about his game, but his attitude/mentality is starting to scare me a bit too. Not even to mention a horrible fit for the Lakers roster.

I've been saying all along that I thought if the Lakers get the #1 pick, they kind of have to take Simmons. You don't want to risk being the team that passed on "the next Lebron." But it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them drop to #2 and get Ingram because I think he's a more natural fit with what the Lakers already have.

Him possibly not being academically eligible anymore doesn't really bother me because the kid was never going to be there past the last day of basketball anyway.

But, if LSU truly turned down other tournament invites because of him not being academically eligible, that would bother me. It shows that he didn't care enough about his teammates to go to class.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all along that I thought if the Lakers get the #1 pick, they kind of have to take Simmons. You don't want to risk being the team that passed on "the next Lebron." But it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them drop to #2 and get Ingram because I think he's a more natural fit with what the Lakers already have.

Him possibly not being academically eligible anymore doesn't really bother me because the kid was never going to be there past the last day of basketball anyway.

But, if LSU truly turned down other tournament invites because of him not being academically eligible, that would bother me. It shows that he didn't care enough about his teammates to go to class.
lsu could have easily played without him but then they would have had to explain why he was ineligible.......they took the easy route

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lsu could have easily played without him but then they would have had to explain why he was ineligible.......they took the easy route

Plus, the NCAA might suddenly become interested in just how long he's been academically ineligible.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He played for an SEC school. No one's even heard of him and I predict he goes undrafted or transfers to Iowa." - @rmilia1
He will go early and be a bust. Kid can't shoot. He makes LeBron look like Curry on jump shots

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will go early and be a bust. Kid can't shoot. He makes LeBron look like Curry on jump shots

I kind of agree, and Im at least a little worried that a talent like that, couldnt lead his team to a more successful season........if Lebron went to college, he would have taken the little sisters of the poor to the Elite Eight

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of agree, and Im at least a little worried that a talent like that, couldnt lead his team to a more successful season........if Lebron went to college, he would have taken the little sisters of the poor to the Elite Eight
Part of the reason Simmons was supposed to be do great was his ability to make people around him better. He failed miserably at that. Kid will be OK in the pros but not elite. He's not as athletic as LBJ and has nowhere near the strength. Plus he's a terrible shooter so you dont have to play up on him. He does have elite ball handling skills but those are pretty useless without a jump shot or the elite strength to finish around the basket. I see him as being a poor man's Rajon Rondo. I'd maybe take him top 15 but not anywhere close to the top pick

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good, maybe he can focus on his studi...................

oh wait.... scratch that