• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons has played his last college basketball game.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Ingram needs about another 60 pounds on him, but he has tons of potential. But I believe Simmons will make a better pro player. He has all the tools. I just hate he wasted them on this season at LSU.

No doubt this kid can play and he made that very obvious on Thursday! His wingspan alone will make him a player but the kid can drive, spin, pop shot, shoot the 3 and handle the ball. You are correct though, with his size I think he will get knocked out in the NBA... Wish he'd stay one more year at Duke (that would be such an amazing team) but that aint happening.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying all along that I thought if the Lakers get the #1 pick, they kind of have to take Simmons. You don't want to risk being the team that passed on "the next Lebron." But it wouldn't bother me in the least to see them drop to #2 and get Ingram because I think he's a more natural fit with what the Lakers already have.

Him possibly not being academically eligible anymore doesn't really bother me because the kid was never going to be there past the last day of basketball anyway.

But, if LSU truly turned down other tournament invites because of him not being academically eligible, that would bother me. It shows that he didn't care enough about his teammates to go to class.

Simmons is not close to LeBron..... I want Ingram

But just keeping our top 3 pick is the goal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simmons is not close to LeBron..... I want Ingram

But just keeping our top 3 pick is the goal.

I agree re: Ingram. As far as Simmons being the next Lebron, that's what the hype has been because of his size and overall skillset. I will say though, that while most still seem to think he's the #1 pick, I think some folks are starting to have doubts. He may no longer be the slam dunk #1 pick by the time the draft gets here.

Agree though, the Lakers have to keep that top 3 pick. Then they can worry about who to take.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is by far the biggest issue with today's 1 and done. It's bad enough that guys are leaving after a single season, but I'm cool with that if they're going to go make a living doing something else. However, I really take issue with guys dropping out of school, using it solely as a minor league. What a huge waste of resources.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is he's on a plane to LA to participate in Hakeem's camp for NBA big men?

One of the worst one and done players in the last few years. there were times he disappeared on the court. Seemed to play when his little heart desired. I pity the team that drafts him.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that someone who wanted to go to LSU for an education didn't get to go because of this bum wanting to get his name out.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is by far the biggest issue with today's 1 and done. It's bad enough that guys are leaving after a single season, but I'm cool with that if they're going to go make a living doing something else. However, I really take issue with guys dropping out of school, using it solely as a minor league. What a huge waste of resources.

He didn't go to classes anyway. Another reason the one and done rule is totally stupid. Let the kids go after high school or make them go 3 years like in baseball.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's unfortunate that someone who wanted to go to LSU for an education didn't get to go because of this bum wanting to get his name out.

People go to LSU for education? Didn't know they offered that there. Thought it was just a place to eat corn dogs while shitfaced

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Moving to his future home state to get a head start. I like it.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise really. Simmons probably goes #1 in the draft.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next coming of Michael Beasley...