• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Simmons formally demands trade

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She’s done little to show she’s anything else

Do you guys think Jeannie would’ve let Kobe walk?

Well the Magic hiring was strange. She does seem to be fairly hands off. Which her brother wasn't.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please

Jeannie was only lucky that the lakers are near Hollywood.

Hollywood got Lebron.

Not Jeannie

The end

lol

One of the more clueless takes out there and addressed nothing I said...but hey, it's expected from a Celtics fan.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I agree that Jeannie is better than her brother but it remains to be seen what happens when Lebron retires.

It's not about getting Lebron, it's about how the team is being run. She's doing what her Dad did...hiring people for a job and letting them do it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She’s done little to show she’s anything else

Do you guys think Jeannie would’ve let Kobe walk?

Uh, what the hell are you talking about? No one let Kobe walk.

If you're talking about years ago when he said he wanted a trade, I seriously doubt she'd let him walk since she paid him considerably more than he was worth for the last couple of years of career to ensure that he retired as a Laker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Magic hiring was strange. She does seem to be fairly hands off. Which her brother wasn't.

Yes and no. Magic had a lot to do with the Lakers getting Lebron (at least according to Lebron), so in that respect, it was a good hire.

The problem was, Magic thought he could treat it like a part time job.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were many misses, mostly by Colangelo, who squandered many of the assets amassed by Hinkie in The Process. But drafting Ben Simmons first overall was certainly a mistake. His work ethic and character were already question marks at the time, after a pretty lackluster tenure at LSU. They should have taken Brandon Ingram at 1. He's not a perfect player by any means, and is less talented overall, but he has far fewer holes. Similarly, they could have had Tatum over Fultz. Those were franchise-crippling bad moves.
The level of captain hindsighting by you here is legendary. There is no way you were crying about the pick when you guys were finals hopefulls and Ben Simmons was a superstar in the making.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're talking about years ago when he said he wanted a trade, I seriously doubt she'd let him walk since she paid him considerably more than he was worth for the last couple of years of career to ensure that he retired as a Laker.

I’m talking about how the lakers didn’t bottom out because they had Kobe so they made bad short sighted moves becuase of him

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol

One of the more clueless takes out there and addressed nothing I said...but hey, it's expected from a Celtics fan.

It’s reality.

Lebron wanted Hollywood.

Jeannie buss didn’t do squat for that.

The lakers are still a rudderless mess without Hollywood

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m talking about how the lakers didn’t bottom out because they had Kobe so they made bad short sighted moves becuase of him

What bad, short sighted moves? When they signed Mozgov and Deng to those terrible contracts, that was Short Buss trying to make good on his "get to the playoffs in 2 years" promise.

They tried to land some star level players for Kobe's last couple of years, but as great as Kobe had been, they knew they were looking at 60% (at best) of Kobe, so they didn't sign with the Lakers. He mostly spent his last couple of seasons mentoring the younger players.

The only thing Jeanie did was give him that last big contract to make sure he retired a Laker.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s reality.

Lebron wanted Hollywood.

Jeannie buss didn’t do squat for that.

The lakers are still a rudderless mess without Hollywood

^^^^A Celtics fan posted this^^^^

Kobe Bryant Reaction GIF

You can try to credit "Hollywood" all you want.

The only fact that matters is that Lebron came to LA and Celtics fans are crying more than ever because they thought they'd get another title before the Lakers...but Ainge kept slamming his dick in the car door and now they aren't even contenders.

But the Lakers are a "rudderless mess".

Additionally, you proved my point and are too clueless to realize it. I said all along that Jeanie runs the Lakers like her Dad. She let the basketball people she hired handle it. So she did exactly what Dr. Buss would have done.

If you want, I can go back and delete your posts to save you further embarrassment.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What bad, short sighted moves? When they signed Mozgov and Deng to those terrible contracts, that was Short Buss trying to make good on his "get to the playoffs in 2 years" promise.

They tried to land some star level players for Kobe's last couple of years, but as great as Kobe had been, they knew they were looking at 60% (at best) of Kobe, so they didn't sign with the Lakers. He mostly spent his last couple of seasons mentoring the younger players.

The only thing Jeanie did was give him that last big contract to make sure he retired a Laker.

Yes. My point is Jeanie wouldn’t have torn it down around Kobe either.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe Bryant Reaction GIF

The only fact that matters is that Lebron came to LA and Celtics fans are crying more than ever because they thought they'd get a title before the Lakers...but Ainge kept slamming his dick in the car door and now they aren't even contenders.

I said they would be if Hollywood didn’t get Lebron

Look at the pels.

The lakers had even less to work with

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kobe Bryant Reaction GIF

The only fact that matters is that Lebron came to LA and Celtics fans are crying more than ever because they thought they'd get a title before the Lakers...but Ainge kept slamming his dick in the car door and now they aren't even contenders.

There’s also no brow

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said they would be if Hollywood didn’t get Lebron

Look at the pels.

The lakers had even less to work with

There’s also no brow

You should quit while you're behind.

The whole point of the discussion was that Jeanie runs the team like her Dad. You have not said a single thing that proves otherwise.

Whatever reason you want to give for the Lakers landing Lebron and AD...the fact remains that Jeanie let her basketball people handle things, Lebron signed, the trade for AD got done and the Lakers have another title under the belt and are contenders.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should quit while you're behind.

The whole point of the discussion was that Jeanie runs the team like her Dad. You have not said a single thing that proves otherwise.

Whatever reason you want to give for the Lakers landing Lebron and AD...the fact remains that Jeanie let her basketball people handle things, Lebron signed, the trade for AD got done and the Lakers have another title under the belt and are contenders.

I’m way ahead

I’m not the one claiming Lebron came to la for Jeanie buss

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m way ahead

I’m not the one claiming Lebron came to la for Jeanie buss

Really? Find where I or anyone else said he came to LA for Jeanie.

Making shit up isn't the best look to try and save face.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Find where I or anyone else said he came to LA for Jeanie.

Making shit up isn't the best look to try and save face.

I said he didn’t come because of buss and you disagreed

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he didn’t come because of buss and you disagreed

No I didn't. I disagreed that he just came to the Lakers because of Hollywood. If Hollywood was the reason...why not go to the Clippers? They were a better team and have an owner desperate to loosen the Lakers grip on LA. He could have been on a better team and still had Hollywood. Imagine what getting the Clippers their first title after getting the Cavs their first title would have done for his GOAT resume'.

To be clear, I'm not saying Hollywood had nothing to do with his decision, given his aspirations in the entertainment industry...it would be dumb to think Hollywood wasn't a factor. But there were obviously other reasons considering the Clippers were an option.

End of the day, I have no idea why he chose the Lakers and have never claimed to. I'm sure there are a lot of reasons he chose the Lakers, most of which we'll likely never know. If ownership was part of it...well, Jeanie is way hotter than Ballmer.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The level of captain hindsighting by you here is legendary. There is no way you were crying about the pick when you guys were finals hopefulls and Ben Simmons was a superstar in the making.

Obviously, I am saying this with the benefit of hindsight. I was not crazy on the Simmons pick though and did say at the time that Ingram was possibly better.

On Fultz...well, I thought he would be good, so I was wrong there.

But I am not a scout. I am just a fan watching games on TV. Scouts actually talk to coaches and players and people around the programs. They should know who works hard and who does not.

Clearly the Sixers have done better in recent years with picks like Maxey and Thybulle of identifying young players who have the room to keep improving.