• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ben Roethlisberger

SteelerKing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can get by with Vick and Landry Jones for the next 3 weeks. Time for Haley to earn his paycheck.

I was looking for the cross out text feature for Landry Jones or a smaller font. Lord help us if he's ever anything more than 1st team clipboard holder.

I had mixed feelings about the Vick signing initially but it's looking a whole heck of a lot better right now. I just hope we get DirecTv Michael Vick (the one who shined for a season in Philly) and not Cable Michael Vick (the inaccurate turnover machine).

Last edited:

Ned_Merrill

Qui n’avance pas, recule
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sincere sympathies to all Steeler fans. I was a Seahawk fan in 1983 when Curt Warner went down in Game 1. Terrible feeling in the gut. Glad to hear Big Ben will only miss about a month. I predict he will return for the Bengals game, a very big one for both teams. I think the Steelers can go 2-2 with Vick: Ravens W, @ Chargers W, Cardinals L, @ Chiefs L (?). All those games are winnable, but Arizona looks like money right now. Good luck! I would LOVE it if the Hawks got another crack at you guys in SB 50, after that rig job ten years ago.*

* NOT saying Pitt would have lost otherwise, but, C'mon.... :L

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad we have the only QB on Earth that can take a shot to the knee like that and not have any real damage. The way that knee bent sideways, I just cant hardly believe nothing snapped let alone tore but I am sure as hell happy it didn't.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My sincere sympathies to all Steeler fans. I was a Seahawk fan in 1983 when Curt Warner went down in Game 1. Terrible feeling in the gut. Glad to hear Big Ben will only miss about a month. I predict he will return for the Bengals game, a very big one for both teams. I think the Steelers can go 2-2 with Vick: Ravens W, @ Chargers W, Cardinals L, @ Chiefs L (?). All those games are winnable, but Arizona looks like money right now. Good luck! I would LOVE it if the Hawks got another crack at you guys in SB 50, after that rig job ten years ago.*

* NOT saying Pitt would have lost otherwise, but, C'mon.... :L
I think KC is a winnable game for us too ... I wasnt impressed with them last night against GB ... thursday night against the gayvens will be a test for vick . but then again he has what 3 or 4 days tops to prepare ? it's gonna be ugly

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think KC is a winnable game for us too ... I wasnt impressed with them last night against GB ... thursday night against the gayvens will be a test for vick . but then again he has what 3 or 4 days tops to prepare ? it's gonna be ugly

I will go on to say this.... If Vick does well against the Ratbirds I will tip my hat to him....
He best understand this is a "dog fight" like he has never been in before..... the Steelers/Ravens rivalry is like no other, Raiders/Steelers is close but this one is bigger. If Charlie Batch can beat them, Vick best get it together. Vick also has the luxury of a few of the best offensive weapons in the NFL.

Cali Steel

Poster Extraordinaire !!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.18
Fav. Team #1
True.
This will be the ultimate test for Vick.
Gayvens are desperate for a win, and his job is to make sure that doesn't happen.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official so I didn't bother to post the link, but I'm hearing that people in the building think Ben will be back week 7 vs KC on 10/25...that would be a week earlier than I thought...I thought we might see him again vs CIN...week 8 so I hope the reports are true.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing official so I didn't bother to post the link, but I'm hearing that people in the building think Ben will be back week 7 vs KC on 10/25...that would be a week earlier than I thought...I thought we might see him again vs CIN...week 8 so I hope the reports are true.
Remember what I originally said? Out 3-4 weeks... Bank on it!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Dude....
Whatcha say.... Landry may not be long term, but that kid got the fuckin job done!!!
He did more in 5 minutes thatn zVick did in the half... It was great to finally settle down and see and know, we had that one!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@FaCe-LeE-uS

Dude....
Whatcha say.... Landry may not be long term, but that kid got the fuckin job done!!!
He did more in 5 minutes thatn zVick did in the half... It was great to finally settle down and see and know, we had that one!!!
Crow feast reservation for the Steeler Nation party... Table 7!

Holy shit right? Who the hell could have expected that? I think Jones earned the right to start next week on the road in KC. Give him the keys to the caddy and let him cruise it to week 8 when Ben gets back. If so, that would mean Vick has played his last game in the Black & Gold.

Call me crazy, but dare I say they have finally found Ben's permanent backup? Vick & Gradkowski's contracts are up after this season. Why pay either of those old farts that much to be a future QB3 on the sidelines? I'd only resign Bruce to a vet-minimum and nothing more.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Holy shit right? Who the hell could have expected that? I think Jones earned the right to start next week on the road in KC. Give him the keys to the caddy and let him cruise it to week 8 when Ben gets back. If so, that would mean Vick has played his last game in the Black & Gold.

Call me crazy, but dare I say they have finally found Ben's permanent backup? Vick & Gradkowski's contracts are up after this season. Why pay either of those old farts that much to be a future QB3 on the sidelines? I'd only resign Bruce to a vet-minimum and nothing more.

That kid chucked that first one, I felt the weight of the world go away.
You'd of thought he had been playing for years....Just like I said, with the talent on that team, Uncle Rico could of won... I don't understand the struggles Vick was having, it made no sense!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid chucked that first one, I felt the weight of the world go away.
You'd of thought he had been playing for years....Just like I said, with the talent on that team, Uncle Rico could of won... I don't understand the struggles Vick was having, it made no sense!!!
Awful accuracy, bad reads, terrible timing... Take your pick. Vick was second guessing himself too much yet again. You could tell he was struggling with his reads and couldn't get the timing down. His passes were so far off-point that even Tommy Maddox was wondering what the fuck he was doing out there.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awful accuracy, bad reads, terrible timing... Take your pick. Vick was second guessing himself too much yet again. You could tell he was struggling with his reads and couldn't get the timing down. His passes were so far off-point that even Tommy Maddox was wondering what the fuck he was doing out there.

I dont know if it was the left handed thing or he just couldn't get it done. But we haven't had a back up look that sharp since good ole Charlie!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if it was the left handed thing or he just couldn't get it done. But we haven't had a back up look that sharp since good ole Charlie!!!
CHAWLIE!!!! lol

Vick was so awful... 1 yd passing in an ENTIRE half of a game???

jackie-chan-illuminati.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There were a handful of people who felt Landry should've gotten the call over Vick from the beginning...I was not one of those handful, but clearly he looked better than he ever has, and it makes sense to have him start in KC unless Ben is truly ready to go...don't force it.

Have to commend the staff for going 2-1 w/o Ben.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There were a handful of people who felt Landry should've gotten the call over Vick from the beginning...I was not one of those handful, but clearly he looked better than he ever has, and it makes sense to have him start in KC unless Ben is truly ready to go...don't force it.

Have to commend the staff for going 2-1 w/o Ben.

Wasn't Jones injured at the beginning of the season, though? I thought that was the whole reason why they aquired Vick to begin with?

IAC, Mike Vick is done. He looked worse than Flacco yesterday, and that's no easy feat of late :pound:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't Jones injured at the beginning of the season, though? I thought that was the whole reason why they aquired Vick to begin with?

IAC, Mike Vick is done. He looked worse than Flacco yesterday, and that's no easy feat of late :pound:

No...I think Vick was brought in when Gradkowski went down...but they immediately bumped him to QB1 is seemed.

Saying Vick is done is not really a slap imo...he his done...the guy was lying on the sofa in week 3...he thought he was done too! LOL With an entire camp, etc. who knows, but I'll take what we got from him and hope we don't need to use him anymore.