• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell & Blountman, BigBen & Brown

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT is set up for a 2014 attack of the killer B's!

2 things I want to touch on here:

1) Is Munchack good enough to revitalize the OL to keep BigBen healthy, and open up lanes for Bell?

2) How much does Bell's value decrease with the signing of Blount?

I didn't see a way for Blount to become relevant in NWE, and he proved me wrong. Ridley fumbling and Vereen getting injured really opened to door for him. BUT, PIT seems more like a team that would run a RB1 to death, only leaving 5-8 touches per game for Blount.

My outlook: I'm bumping PIT players (Bell - borderline RB1/2 mid 2nd round - early 3rd; Brown - 2nd tier WR1 mid-late3rd rd) up a little on my draft boards, mainly because I think the offense will be a lot more consistent, and the defense will give up some points, so they'll have to keep pushing and scoring. I also think OL health/new OL coach will improve a lot for them this season.

other people's thoughts?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it'll take more than Munchak to fix the Oline.. But it will improve.
As for Blount..I can't deny that he didn't surprise me. . But, I truly believe Pittsburgh brought him on board only in response to the lesson they learned the previous 2-3 seasons of having nobody after an injury to their top guy. Blount is going to grab 5-10 touches a game probably, but my opinion is that he's simply an insurance policy in case Bell goes down and they won't be left with guys like Dwyer and Co. again.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blount > Bell

But Pittsburg won't use him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PIT is set up for a 2014 attack of the killer B's!

2 things I want to touch on here:

1) Is Munchack good enough to revitalize the OL to keep BigBen healthy, and open up lanes for Bell?

2) How much does Bell's value decrease with the signing of Blount?

I didn't see a way for Blount to become relevant in NWE, and he proved me wrong. Ridley fumbling and Vereen getting injured really opened to door for him. BUT, PIT seems more like a team that would run a RB1 to death, only leaving 5-8 touches per game for Blount.

My outlook: I'm bumping PIT players (Bell - borderline RB1/2 mid 2nd round - early 3rd; Brown - 2nd tier WR1 mid-late3rd rd) up a little on my draft boards, mainly because I think the offense will be a lot more consistent, and the defense will give up some points, so they'll have to keep pushing and scoring. I also think OL health/new OL coach will improve a lot for them this season.

other people's thoughts?

1) Munchak is going to do wonders for the young guys. I've said it before many times to people that didn't believe in PIT's O-line, but I'll say it again... PIT has a VERY young group of O-lineman that all have a lot of room to grow. Their struggles in recent years derived mainly from an injury plague which didn't help anyone gain more experience. If the starters can finally stay healthy, then we should see vast improvement. Having a HOF coach will improve things even faster! Hell, if Bicknell could find cohesiveness in this young group then Munchak will do much more!

2) Warning: Incoming obvious statement... Blount's value will greatly depend on Bell's health. Bell struggled to stay healthy out the gate last season, and I hope he can stay healthy this season. But I was concerned when they drafted him because of his college workload. RB's that are heavily used in college don't tend to have long NFL careers. I see Blount's workload around 10-15 touches per game. Even when Bell was at full health last season, backups like Felix Jones and Jonathan Dwyer were getting about 5-10 touches per game each. No reason to think that Blount won't see the same type of work.

One thing to be concerned with in FF drafting AB is the draft. PIT is probably going to draft a tall WR (Evans, Watkins) in the 1st round that could put a damper on AB's workload. I would definitely keep him as a 2nd tier WR1 regardless... Just a thought!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitt drafting watkins?

watkins also isnt "tall" hes 6 foot

no way pitt gets him without trading up big

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pitt drafting watkins?

watkins also isnt "tall" hes 6 foot

no way pitt gets him without trading up big

Yea he isn't "tall" per say, but he's not a WR that they could pass up.

Watkins isn't likely to fall to 15, but it's still possible. Especially with how heavily the top end of the draft will be taking QB's & lineman. It's much more realistic that PIT lands Evans over Watkins.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i mean id be doing this:hammer: if we drafted watkins

evans is def far more likely though...........sorry just woke up, somewhere in my mind i thought you were suggesting a trade up for watkins, im good now the fuzz is clearing

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he isn't "tall" per say, but he's not a WR that they could pass up.

Watkins isn't likely to fall to 15, but it's still possible. Especially with how heavily the top end of the draft will be taking QB's & lineman. It's much more realistic that PIT lands Evans over Watkins.

I have a feeling there's going to be more than a couple QB's sitting in the green room, or at home on their couches with the Aaron Rodgers/Geno Smith look on their faces. I'm guessing two go in the top ten, and the others could be in for a long slide.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries! :suds:

Yea I'm worried that PIT won't have a shot at Evans either. But I wouldn't be upset if they took a CB (Gilbert/Dennard) at 15. The only trading scenarios that I see for PIT are trading back in the 1st. Not sure how it will play out yet since the pool at 15 is pretty iffy outside of Evans. Most could be considered a reach.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling there's going to be more than a couple QB's sitting in the green room, or at home on their couches with the Aaron Rodgers/Geno Smith look on their faces. I'm guessing two go in the top ten, and the others could be in for a long slide.

I think Bortles & Bridgewater are definitely going to be gone in the top 10. Manziel will likely slide to late round 1. I hope D-lineman & O-lineman are taken early and often, but that's wishful thinking.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statements like this make you a joke on the SportsHoopla...

Oh no. You don't respect me? :bawling:

It's reality. Blount is a much better RB than Bell.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That claim is as stupid as your one implying bell is even half the RB Blount is.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lmao

Blount? Yea sure... ok

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the opion on RB's is about as good as the opion on QB's

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which is worse. . The ridiculous claim, or those giving credence to it be engaging in a "discussion" about it. Either way, I'm sitting back and enjoying the show! :nutswing:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good news, both RBs are on the same team, so we will truly get to see which one is better than the other this season.

Got a pretty good feeling Billy B. would have at least attempted to keep Blount if he was indeed valued as a comparable RB to Bell, but who knows? If last season was any indication, PIT believes Bell has all the tools to be a 3 down RB, so I'm going to go with that and plan my fantasy drafts accordingly. Bell was injured in preseason and knocked out cold by BAL (which, by my eye, he should have been given the TD on that play; the ball was clearly wrapped up tight in his possession AND it crossed the front end of the GL before he dropped it as he fell to the ground unconscious) in his rookie season, so Blount will be a great late round depth grab, imo.