• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick Says The Jets Pushed Too

TKO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Herald:

Amid reports the Jets tipped off officials the Patriots were violating the field goal push penalty, Bill Belichick was asked today if he had any reaction to that revelation.
Surpisingly, he did.
"Well, I mean, since they were using the play themselves . . . I don’t even know about all that,'' he said. ''But basically we’re just moving on here."
So, Belichick also pointed finger Rex Ryan's way, essentially claiming the Jets also pushed into the center or long snapper on field goals, apparently referring to Stephen Gostkowski's game-tying 44-yard field goal with 16 seconds remaining. That's a no-no according to the new rule, although no penalty was called on that one.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:Cry:

Pot meet kettle.

Bruschi_Warrior

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be much more concerned about the lack of follow through from the Saints game offensively and that Brady has now completed less than 50% of his passes in two of his last three games and for the 3rd time this season, including twice against the Jets.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should be much more concerned about...

...world hunger, climate change, fiscal solvency, health coverage, cancer, homelessness...you know, lots of stuff.

If we're talking about a young man who engaged a play exactly the same as the rest of the league's kick defenders have all year but for the first time ever, got snagged at a crucial time because the other team tattled....again, then I think it's probably appropriate to be concerned about it while engaging in football banter. I mean, sure, let's all move on per mojo's advice but it is what it was.