• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Belichick Gets First Bulletin Board Notice

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins WR Jarvis Landry thinks Miami will sweep Patriots

12:47 PM ET
  • i

James WalkerESPN Staff Writer
    Close
    • A Temple graduate and Hyattsville, Maryland, native who lives in Miami
    • Joined ESPN in 2008

The first bold prediction of the 2017 season comes from the Miami Dolphins and their leading receiver Jarvis Landry.

Miami's two-time Pro Bowler told a London crowd over the weekend that the Dolphins will sweep the reigning Super Bowl champion New England Patriots this upcoming season. Landry followed up his comments in an interview with Sports Illustrated's "Monday Morning Quarterback."

"If you're a competitor, that's the way you should feel, and I don't mind saying it," Landry said. "It's time for a change. I have all the respect in the world for the Patriots, and I respect Tom Brady tremendously. But they're not our big brother anymore."

Despite Miami going 10-6, New England swept the Dolphins in two games last season. The Patriots also have won the AFC East Division eight consecutive years and 14 of the past 16 seasons.

According ESPN Stats & Information, the Patriots are the only team in the NFL that hasn't been swept by a divisional opponent in a single regular season since 2002 (current division format). Every other team has at least three such instances.

i

Jarvis Landry scores a touchdown against the Patriots last season. Reinhold Matay/USA TODAY Sports
Landry is one of Miami's most competitive players and an emotional leader. Perhaps he is trying to set the tone and expectations early with Dolphins players, who are due to report for the start of their offseason workout program Monday.

"It's ridiculous. It's a problem," Landry said of New England's dominance. "We cannot let that happen anymore. What I've seen is, when we play that game, sometimes we focus on the guys on the other side of the line instead of just focusing on us. And I want to be part of that change. I want to go into the games against New England expecting to win -- that's something we need to do."

Miami has some business of its own to take care of with Landry. He's entering the final year of his rookie contract and both sides are expected to work out an extension before the start of the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Landry has an odd way of saying he'd like to play for the Patriots.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Billie B doesn't care about regular season games, he is playing for the postseason.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jarvis who?

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's ridiculous. It's a problem," Landry said of New England's dominance".

Those who can't do.....talk!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"It's ridiculous. It's a problem," Landry said of New England's dominance".

Those who can't do.....talk!

Step up your game then Dolphins

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now the trade for Sherman will happen.

Way to go asshole.