• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Because you love this subject...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but can Colin do this!

giphy.gif

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a repeat of the 94' season... CK will be getting the monkey off his back on his way to an MVP and championship ring... :)

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I'm pretty sure this is going to be a repeat of the 94' season... CK will be getting the monkey off his back on his way to an MVP and championship ring... :)

It would've been if the Niners were smart & got the Deion-like last piece they needed in Darrelle Revis.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Shouldn't the title be "Can Colin Kaepernick AND The Coaching Staff make Use Of The Offensive Weapons?"

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shouldn't the title be "Can Colin Kaepernick AND The Coaching Staff make Use Of The Offensive Weapons?"

The coaching staff can coach him all they want but if he is afraid to look inside it won't do any good. He's only comfortable throwing to the outside where he can see the coverage.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Sorry, but this statement implies that the plays that the coaching staff draws up is for one person per play but in truth, every play has it's own progression and even a check down safety valve...

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: This can't all be put on Kap. IMO I feel that Kap won't make a good run at making the 9ers a top ten passing team(on him for bad reads) but if it is because of the 9ers' coaches(playcalling) we will know this season...no excuses if our WR corp stays healthy. NFL.com has them ranked #4.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
is Matt Schaub bad because of play calling? what about Ryan Fitzpatrick? Jake Locker? how do we know they're bad? do we factor in play calling when judging how good these guys are?

play calling IS a factor, but its not a big factor. the big factor is how the QB plays himself, and we fans watch all these QB's and judge ourselves. why is Kaep getting more leeway due to play calling?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The coaching staff can coach him all they want but if he is afraid to look inside it won't do any good. He's only comfortable throwing to the outside where he can see the coverage.

2013-passing-chart-boldin.jpg

2013-passing-chart-davis1.jpg

2013-passing-chart-crabtree.jpg

2013-passing-chart-playoffs1.jpg

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
These were the only charts available that I could find... It looks like he does favor the outside with Crabs... But to VD, AB and his playoff performance, it doesn't look that bad...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Sorry, but this statement implies that the plays that the coaching staff draws up is for one person per play but in truth, every play has it's own progression and even a check down safety valve...

I'm not trying to excuse Kap's role in regards to our passing game woes. He's very much part of the problem and he absolutely has to take his game to the next level if the passing game is going to improve.

But it's not like we made stellar use of our personnel either or had stellar play calling either.

We were way below the league average in terms of 3 WR sets and until he got injured and Crabtree came back we had Bruce our freakin FB Miller as our 3rd leading pass catcher. But to be fair to the coaches and Kap the 3rd option in our offense was a huge black hole until Crabs came back.

We barely attempted screens and in general our passing attack favored routes that took time to develop and we lacked nice quick hitting plays with YAC.

And the times when the play calling was great the offensive line would give up pressure that would kill the play before it could develop.

Again Kap is very much to blame as there were far too many times the play call was perfect and the blocking was great and he failed to make a play that he should've but my point is our issues run deeper than just Kap and we need the coaching staff and offensive line to step up as well.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These were the only charts available that I could find... It looks like he does favor the outside with Crabs... But to VD, AB and his playoff performance, it doesn't look that bad...

And they really back up what I said about kaepernick only being comfortable throwing to the outside. The preponderance of passes on your charts are heavily to the outside. This is something he really needs to work on. If you noticed it, you can bet opposing defensive coordinators sure have.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And they really back up what I said about kaepernick only being comfortable throwing to the outside. The preponderance of passes on your charts are heavily to the outside. This is something he really needs to work on. If you noticed it, you can bet opposing defensive coordinators sure have.

I understand what you are getting at... But his playoff chart is not bad at all (throwing to the complete offensive cast as compared to just VD, AB and MC)... 36 of his 82 attempts were in the middle of the field, I agree he can utilize the field more often but I don't think it as bad as your original statement made it out to be...

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, this is entirely on Kaep if he doesn't have a great year. Even if he does have terrible play-calling, I still expect him to figure out how to work through his progressions successfully.

This is the best unit of receivers we've had in a very long time. Do something with it.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Monkey off his back? He only has been starting for less then 2 seasons, and has been to more NFC title games and Super Bowls then any QB we have had since Young. There isn't a monkey on his back yet

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
for short passes, seems a little more incomplete than what you'd guess? just a small comment.....

I was thinking the same thing. Especially in the playoffs. Granted he had one game in very adverse weather conditions, and another against the best passing D in recent memory. Still, he's got to do a better job of completing the routine stuff.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Monkey off his back? He only has been starting for less then 2 seasons, and has been to more NFC title games and Super Bowls then any QB we have had since Young. There isn't a monkey on his back yet

Sorry, they haven't come up with an exageration/sarcasm font yet... The quote was a little extreme, intended to drum up a little more convo on this board because I was tired of seeing the same couple threads get bumped...