• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

because TREFF is bored... 2020 trivia

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't get any entirely correct, kept missing that 3rd guy in those groupings!

great stuff as always

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I was bored today so I decided to download all of the RED ZONE touches. Lots to digest.
Disclaimer, I am including targets in with the touches as a basis to see who is used more by a team.

What player had the most RZ touch percentage in relation to his team's time in the red zone?
Josh Jacobs had 67 RZ touches which is 41% of the Raiders' RZ plays.

Who was used more in the RZ, Cam Akers or Darrell Henderson?
Henderson edged out Akers with 35 touches (24%) compared to Akers' 33 (22%).

Same question for the Browns. Chubb or Hunt?
Chubb did miss 4 games. Hunt had 48 touches (31%) to Chubb's 37 (24%). If this was calculated on a "per game" basis, Chubb less than 1% over Hunt, or 3.08% vs 3%.

Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson and David Johnson - who was used more by their team in the RZ percentage wise?
Gore was used 28%, Peterson 25% and DJohn 24%.

Which Tampa "receiver" had the most RZ looks?
Mike Evans with 13%
Gronk next 10%
Godwin 6%
Antonio Brown 4%

Last one. Excluding Alvin Kamara, who was next on the Saints for RZ touches?
Both Latavius Murray and Tayson Hill each was used 16%. In fact, Kamara, Murray and Hill accounted for 64% of the team's RZ touches.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, I was bored today so I decided to download all of the RED ZONE touches. Lots to digest.
Disclaimer, I am including targets in with the touches as a basis to see who is used more by a team.

What player had the most RZ touch percentage in relation to his team's time in the red zone?
Josh Jacobs had 67 RZ touches which is 41% of the Raiders' RZ plays.

Who was used more in the RZ, Cam Akers or Darrell Henderson?
Henderson edged out Akers with 35 touches (24%) compared to Akers' 33 (22%).

Same question for the Browns. Chubb or Hunt?
Chubb did miss 4 games. Hunt had 48 touches (31%) to Chubb's 37 (24%). If this was calculated on a "per game" basis, Chubb less than 1% over Hunt, or 3.08% vs 3%.

Frank Gore, Adrian Peterson and David Johnson - who was used more by their team in the RZ percentage wise?
Gore was used 28%, Peterson 25% and DJohn 24%.

Which Tampa "receiver" had the most RZ looks?
Mike Evans with 13%
Gronk next 10%
Godwin 6%
Antonio Brown 4%

Last one. Excluding Alvin Kamara, who was next on the Saints for RZ touches?
Both Latavius Murray and Tayson Hill each was used 16%. In fact, Kamara, Murray and Hill accounted for 64% of the team's RZ touches.
I got 4/6. Didn’t get the 1st one and Gore/AP/DJohnson question.

Good stuff man. I have Hunt in two leagues so far this season (I do realize Chubb missed games but watching Browns games, Hunt gets used in the RZ a lot).

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got 4/6. Didn’t get the 1st one and Gore/AP/DJohnson question.

Good stuff man. I have Hunt in two leagues so far this season (I do realize Chubb missed games but watching Browns games, Hunt gets used in the RZ a lot).
For me its a "value" thing.
Some might be projecting Chubb to separate himself from Hunt in usage, whether its at the goalline or as an every-down RB.
But end of first is a hefty price to pay if that theory doesnt materialize. Meanwhile Hunt is lasting into the 4th round. That is a bargain for a guy who may finish in the top 12 in RB scoring.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, you continue to amaze. Great stuff. I don't think I got any of em..not even Jacobs.

But, that is the reason I'm not concerned in the least about Drake joining the backfield. Money time is Jacobs' time, period

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe, you continue to amaze. Great stuff. I don't think I got any of em..not even Jacobs.

But, that is the reason I'm not concerned in the least about Drake joining the backfield. Money time is Jacobs' time, period
Jacobs' numbers were crazy. I mean, think about that, a team gets in the red zone, and he gets close to 70% of the looks.

And actually, Drake's numbers weren't too shabby for the Cards either. Want to say he flirted with 50% of the RZ touches himself.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the reason i asked about Gore, AP and DJohn.... if they are NOT the RZ guy for their respective teams, there is some potential for the next RB standing.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs' numbers were crazy. I mean, think about that, a team gets in the red zone, and he gets close to 70% of the looks.

And actually, Drake's numbers weren't too shabby for the Cards either. Want to say he flirted with 50% of the RZ touches himself.
there in lies an interesting sub plot..

In Arizona, red zone touches with the threat of the RPO and Murray vs red zone touches with a statue-esque Carr where you know its going to be either Jacob's or a pass..most likely to a TE. Considering they're both playing without the threat of the RPO now, does what Drake did in ARZ really matter much? Does it translate at all? It's definitely not the system he had success in.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there in lies an interesting sub plot..

In Arizona, red zone touches with the threat of the RPO and Murray vs red zone touches with a statue-esque Carr where you know its going to be either Jacob's or a pass..most likely to a TE. Considering they're both playing without the threat of the RPO now, does what Drake did in ARZ really matter much? Does it translate at all? It's definitely not the system he had success in.
Your post made me want to try another calculation.

I took all of the TEAM RZ touches (rushing + targets) and came up with an NFL average of 141.9.
Bounced this 141 number off of all the players who had RZ touches.
The theory being, regardless of how good or bad a team RZ might be, what is the likelihood of using said player.
Here are the results:

1629759417941.png