• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beathard = Iowa's Savior

Clemenza

Capo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a 180 this team took as soon as Beathard came into the game. Instead of check downs being his first option (ala Jake), his eyes were squarely downfield and threw several perfect deep balls. I'll be the first to admit I was wrong when people were calling for Rudock to be benched. Clearly Beathard > Rudock and the entire team seemed energized in the 2nd half when Beathard took over.

Beyond that, SO F---ING NICE to see that KF actually figured out some things we have been harping on:

1) Playing our fast receivers and getting them the ball
2) Substituting in D-lineman constantly...I even noticed several blitzes
3) THROWING THE DAMN BALL DOWN THE DAMN FIELD vs. that check down bullshit

Really changes the whole team's dynamic with CJ in there. Very anxious to see how Iowa does vs. the rest of the Big Ten.

hoopsalot25

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clem,

Nicely stated. Someone got lit up at halftime of the game. The team did a complete 180 as you mentioned. I feel this was the first game this season that the coaching staff actually coached to win.

Parker's "raider" defense came out to play in the second half. Very interesting to see. I would guess that KF wanted to save that for conference play...but had his hand forced by someone.

Not to worry, Rudock will be back under center next week. According to KF, there is no QB controversy in the State of Iowa.