• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beastmode return?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Lynch has been training regularly, I doubt he's coming back... He's been living the highlife enjoying himself... It takes a while to get into game shape..

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Lynch has been training regularly, I doubt he's coming back... He's been living the highlife enjoying himself... It takes a while to get into game shape..

That is true, but we've all seen times where some guy is signed off the street when a team gets real needy at a position. Hell, Seattle did it in our 2005 playoff run. We signed a CB who had been selling insurance or something all year long because we got decimated at that spot. Lynch is only one year out of playing football. He can't be THAT out of shape can he? He's basically missed preseason (which he always did anyway) and 10 games. I'm not saying he'd be 2013 Beastmode, but even Lynch at 60 to 70% is probably better than some other options. It would be a worst case scenario move in my opinion. But I forgot that CJ Spiller might be available so that is probably the route they'd take anyway.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is true, but we've all seen times where some guy is signed off the street when a team gets real needy at a position. Hell, Seattle did it in our 2005 playoff run. We signed a CB who had been selling insurance or something all year long because we got decimated at that spot. Lynch is only one year out of playing football. He can't be THAT out of shape can he? He's basically missed preseason (which he always did anyway) and 10 games. I'm not saying he'd be 2013 Beastmode, but even Lynch at 60 to 70% is probably better than some other options. It would be a worst case scenario move in my opinion. But I forgot that CJ Spiller might be available so that is probably the route they'd take anyway.

Just depends, Lynch has been enjoying himself for sure... I"m not saying it's impossible, most definitely if he really wanted to come back he could, he's not too old ... BUT it would take time depending on his fitness level at the moment...

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's slightly above a zero % chance of Lynch coming back.

Lynch wanted it to be his team, the team is now Wilson's. The braintrust won't want to mess with that.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His fitness level and his desire to take those hits are the question as well as how much he could stand to make just coming back for a handful of games. He wouldn't be put out there week 1. Maybe you get him for 3-4 regular season games plus the playoffs? :noidea: Is whatever he'd make off that short of a stint worth the effort he'd have to put in and the pain he'd endure?

One things for sure, no one can ever really guess what's going on in his head.

I'd put the odds at quite low, but you can't say never. Chance at another ring? Meh, I think that ship has sailed, but who knows.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll put Pope on the IR and bring up George Farmer from the practice squad. They will also be on the phone with Zac Brooks.

Weird how they were deep enough just a couple days ago to release their leading rusher and now its desperation time.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lynch signs another contract it's to retire with the bills.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any idea what kind of shape that Lynch is currently in (I am assuming it is not game shape though), or his desire to come back and hit/be hit in the NFL running game right now.

However, I am will to bet every single dollar that I own that there is 0% chance that Lynch can pass a drug test at this time as long as maryjane is on the banned list. There is no way that he is not hitting it and playing video games as we speak.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it just a month ago or so that there was a story about Lynch running for Cal's scout team? Not that it indicates a good fitness level, but still worthy of consideration.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last time I saw this clown he was driving all around the field at Cal, nearly running over a guy by driving like the douche that he is. Just go away and stay away Marshawn.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have any idea what kind of shape that Lynch is currently in (I am assuming it is not game shape though), or his desire to come back and hit/be hit in the NFL running game right now.

However, I am will to bet every single dollar that I own that there is 0% chance that Lynch can pass a drug test at this time as long as maryjane is on the banned list. There is no way that he is not hitting it and playing video games as we speak.

He'd only need to make it until year end. Drug tests are supposed to be random so he may not even get popped for MJ even if he's smoking it now. And I think since he hasn't officially filed his retired papers he's still subject to the league's drug testing protocol right now anyway even though he isn't playing. Remember Brandon Browner? He skipped a drug test because he wasn't in the NFL anymore (he was playing in Canada) and it still counted as a failed test for him.

Even if they tested him and he failed I bet he could drag out an appeal until the season was over. By then it wouldn't matter except to his legacy.