• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beastmode return?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's RB situation is very precarious. They just released Christine Michael because they knew they had Prosise and Rawls coming back and Pope in reserve. As of yesterday Prosise is likely gone for the year and Pope is out with a high ankle sprain for who knows how long? So all we really have left is Rawls and Collins. I think the Seahawks are one more RB injury away from ringing Marshawn Lynch's phone and talking him into playing for one more playoff run. I'm pretty sure that they still hold his contract even though he retired. My only questions would be how capable he would be at returning and what his salary would do to the team.

What do you think? Would Lynch return for a short season if Seattle was desperate? Would he be any good? Could Seattle fit him into their cap?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they pulled the plug on Michael really fast, considering Procises' inexperience and Rawls inability to stay healthy

As far as Lynch, I absolutely think he would be back in Beast mode within 2 or 3 weeks, he's a freak, and probably not that far out of shape.......

For a team that looks like the best or 2nd best in the NFL, they would be wise to ring his phone today

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they pulled the plug on Michael really fast, considering Procises' inexperience and Rawls inability to stay healthy

As far as Lynch, I absolutely think he would be back in Beast mode within 2 or 3 weeks, he's a freak, and probably not that far out of shape.......

For a team that looks like the best or 2nd best in the NFL, they would be wise to ring his phone today

It would be a huge story if he came back. My concern is they'd probably have to lose a couple of guys to fit his salary. And I like the team the way it's built right now so I'd prefer not to lose anyone.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a huge story if he came back. My concern is they'd probably have to lose a couple of guys to fit his salary. And I like the team the way it's built right now so I'd prefer not to lose anyone.

If you tell me Rawls can stay healthy the rest of the season, they will be just fine, he is a nice player

But they lose him, they are in serious trouble with Wilson dropping back 50 times a game

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd make the call at least so they could plan.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you tell me Rawls can stay healthy the rest of the season, they will be just fine, he is a nice player

But they lose him, they are in serious trouble with Wilson dropping back 50 times a game

I wouldn't bet the farm on Rawls staying healthy with his physical style of running. He doesn't shy away from contact which is great, but it's also riskier health wise.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch ain't coming back and is too fat and lazy for him to even try...

Get used to handing the ball to Touakalafoo??? or whatever the Fullbacks name is!

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch ain't coming back and is too fat and lazy for him to even try...

Get used to handing the ball to Touakalafoo??? or whatever the Fullbacks name is!

Fat? Possibly. I don't know about lazy. Truth is that his last year before he was injured he wasn't quite the same Beastmode we were used to anyway, so you might be right that he wouldn't be the best upgrade. But he would have a good knowledge of the schemes and plays, and just having him behind Wilson would be enough to scare most defensive coordinators into playing the run which could open up WR's more. Plus, Wilson and Beast were really, really good at running the read option. They probably did it better than any other QB/RB tandem in the NFL.

Anyway, it's all speculative. I have my doubts he ever plays again. This was more of a doomsday scenario where Seattle gets really desperate for RB help as they eye a playoff run.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle's RB situation is very precarious. They just released Christine Michael because they knew they had Prosise and Rawls coming back and Pope in reserve. As of yesterday Prosise is likely gone for the year and Pope is out with a high ankle sprain for who knows how long? So all we really have left is Rawls and Collins. I think the Seahawks are one more RB injury away from ringing Marshawn Lynch's phone and talking him into playing for one more playoff run. I'm pretty sure that they still hold his contract even though he retired. My only questions would be how capable he would be at returning and what his salary would do to the team.

What do you think? Would Lynch return for a short season if Seattle was desperate? Would he be any good? Could Seattle fit him into their cap?

Marshawn Lynch could not possibly be in football shape right now.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshawn Lynch could not possibly be in football shape right now.

You are probably right, but let's say Rawls goes down again who would be a better option at this point in the season? I don't think there are too many better options out there wearing street clothes right now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Lynch was here at the Hawks facilities visiting a few weeks ago. Then the next day was trolling Wilson on Twitter over that SB ending. He can stay gone, they're doing fine without him.

Now, have they announced return time tables for Pope or Prosise?

Rawls is the best of the bunch by a solid margin and is the only one who can play every down, just hope he can stay upright

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no way he is in game shape. Even if he's been working out on his own it's not the same. Thankfully the Seahawks are in decent shape regarding the division and a Top 2 Seed in the NFC where they don't need to rush guys back. Sounds like Procise will be back for the playoffs

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Lynch was here at the Hawks facilities visiting a few weeks ago. Then the next day was trolling Wilson on Twitter over that SB ending. He can stay gone, they're doing fine without him.

Now, have they announced return time tables for Pope or Prosise?

Rawls is the best of the bunch by a solid margin and is the only one who can play every down, just hope he can stay upright

Pope is a high ankle sprain and those can be annoying to predict how long they'll keep a guy out. Probably 2 or 3 weeks at a bare minimum.

Prosise is unknown, but I've seen some articles suggesting it could be season ending and others that just say "out for a while".

Bottom line is the Hawks are now suddenly really thin at RB. One more injury to either Rawls or Collins and then what?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pope is a high ankle sprain and those can be annoying to predict how long they'll keep a guy out. Probably 2 or 3 weeks at a bare minimum.

Prosise is unknown, but I've seen some articles suggesting it could be season ending and others that just say "out for a while".

Bottom line is the Hawks are now suddenly really thin at RB. One more injury to either Rawls or Collins and then what?

Brooks? There are more reasonable options than Lynch. He was banged up last year and was an uninterested lame duck when he did play. Combine that with his woe-is-me attitude about the SB and I'm just over him.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooks? There are more reasonable options than Lynch. He was banged up last year and was an uninterested lame duck when he did play. Combine that with his woe-is-me attitude about the SB and I'm just over him.

Can't argue that part. He wasn't the same his last year with us. But maybe on a shortened season with a chance at another deep playoff run he could find some motivation again. I look at him right now like he's in a glass case with a sign on him that says "break only in case of emergency".

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue that part. He wasn't the same his last year with us. But maybe on a shortened season with a chance at another deep playoff run he could find some motivation again. I look at him right now like he's in a glass case with a sign on him that says "break only in case of emergency".

I say no way. I think it would be bad for chemistry and his play wouldn't be nearly good enough to compensate for that.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are probably right, but let's say Rawls goes down again who would be a better option at this point in the season? I don't think there are too many better options out there wearing street clothes right now.
Christine Michael?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody pick up CJ Spiller after we released him?