• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Beasley

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We dont need to over spend for bease. We can get a replacement. He is not a prority keeper IMO.

There's one thing I've noticed about receivers. They have to establish a form of communication with their QB, that enables them to be in the right place at the right time. Beasley and Dak are in-synch.

Most receivers have an adjustment period to adapt to a new QB. I'm not saying overspend, but at least make an effort to keep the guy. When he's healthy he's good. At least he's not on drugs like some players I know.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's one thing I've noticed about receivers. They have to establish a form of communication with their QB, that enables them to be in the right place at the right time. Beasley and Dak are in-synch.

Most receivers have an adjustment period to adapt to a new QB. I'm not saying overspend, but at least make an effort to keep the guy. When he's healthy he's good. At least he's not on drugs like some players I know.
I think most fans will agree here. Beasley may not. I don't think his complaint was just blowing off steam, I think he wants more touches.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most fans will agree here. Beasley may not. I don't think his complaint was just blowing off steam, I think he wants more touches.

The way the game is played today, it's all about the coverage. If the D decides to cover Beasley with a linebacker or a safety that's not good enough, he can have a great game. If they double cover him, he's not good enough to catch more than a pass or two.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way the game is played today, it's all about the coverage. If the D decides to cover Beasley with a linebacker or a safety that's not good enough, he can have a great game. If they double cover him, he's not good enough to catch more than a pass or two.
Again I agree, I just don't think Beasley will sign back here. IMO the only way he's back is if Dallas is biding against Dallas.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many others need $$$ right now. I won't be too surprised if Dallas doesn't even offer a contract, especially since they looked at replacing him with Switzer a couple of years ago.

I do agree that too many others need money. That said, I'm still hoping that something can be worked out.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what Beasley will cost so this is tough to answer. He certainly has a role and helps this team and we are IMO worse without him, but his mouth did kind of pissed me off this year TBH.

I think if we spend big money on a FA it needs to be on defense. We have D Law as a FA (99% chance he is tagged or signed), Taco and Armstrong at DE and then of course Crawford with flex to play DE again or move back to DT. DT we have a couple good young players but no impressive depth. We need to either add at least one DL that will contribute (FA or draft or both) or get a back-end player that will lessen the need a little.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cole Beasley draws a $20M line in the sand, Twitter reacts

I think he will get it.
Someone gives him a 4 yr contract. Should get about 6 to 6+ a year.

I could even see the Cowboys doing it if it werent for Gallup improving & the boys finally have a #1 WR that knows how to run routes. Which takes the sting of Beasley route running away.

Figure Cowboys go younger at the #3 WR (& cheaper)

I think his wants & desires are realistic, which is uncommon lately. However dont think the cowboys give it to him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he came a long way from a guy who quit football and now he is demanding $20M. I'm fine either way with Beasley. I was always a big fan and saw his value, but he seemed to become a little bit of a drama queen this year and always had something to say...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess he came a long way from a guy who quit football and now he is demanding $20M. I'm fine either way with Beasley. I was always a big fan and saw his value, but he seemed to become a little bit of a drama queen this year and always had something to say...
I agree. If we ended up keeping him. it wouldnt hurt my feelings. But if he moves on & we go cheaper that doesnt hurt my feelings either.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beasley to Buffalo.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He connected better with Romo than Dak, for whatever reason. Not terribly sad to see him go. Glad he got some money. Now does/can Austin play that 3rd down quick in-out role? Or are we going to be better off digging into the weeds of Texas to find the next undrafted?

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He connected better with Romo than Dak, for whatever reason. Not terribly sad to see him go. Glad he got some money. Now does/can Austin play that 3rd down quick in-out role? Or are we going to be better off digging into the weeds of Texas to find the next undrafted?
his best year was Dak's Rookie year. :scratch:

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. He connected with Dak better.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true. He connected with Dak better.
Maybe in numbers but not really.
Still pissed at Beasley looking back with that what the fuck look when the ball was behind him and if he'd stayed with the play, coulda caught the rebound off the DB

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his best year was Dak's Rookie year. :scratch:
His best year statistically was when Dak was on fire. He and Dak never looked the same after that season. Cole and Romo could light a fire at any point in just about any game Tony wanted. Tony just happened to also have a few younger-day guys than Dak. The connection with Cole and Dak was never more than that's the best guy we got.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is a big loss. Hopefully Wit can come back and be that guy on 3rd and 4. Can’t keep them all.